Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame

Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame

2.7

Love it

Bought the queen bed frame for my son. It said 2 should put it together but I did it myself. I was skeptical about doing it myself since I don't do things like this very often but I have to say it was really easy. The directions are all by pictures. No words but easy to understand. Just take your time so you don't mess up. I would say it took 2 1/2-3 hours to put together and it looks really nice.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

love this bed!

I paid for delivery and assembly and it took the 2 guys hardly any time to put it together since they have done it a million times before. I would recommend this unless you are a pro, haha. I also had a box spring, so I didn't need the slats at the bottom. Having a box spring with it is great because it raises the bed. I wash my sheets once a week and making the bed is extremely easy. I have had no issues with sturdiness or anything else and I've had it for a year and a half. I really love it and think it looks great too!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
    Other Beds

MLC
    MLCSydney, Australia

Fantastic Bed

We bought this bed for my son when he was 2 and absolutely love it. The adjustable height of the mattress means we can have it lower for him to climb into.
    I've also found it to be quite sturdy (it survived him and his two cousins jumping on it).
    Assembly was very easy and took about 30 minutes between 2 people.

Beds

Find out how Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame compares to other Beds

Karen J.
    Karen J.asked

What do u do if the lonset slats are too long?

BellaVeralle
    BellaVeralleasked

We bought the King size today. Now I'm really concerned about putting it together!
    We didn't buy the slats though. We're going to get hard wood slats to put in the frame.
    Is it the posture slats which make it creaky and unable?

Anna20
    Anna20

It's a long time ago since we bought this bed. I am surprised that anbody would by this bed after the bad review. The whole bed
    is poorly designed and is warped. I don't know if hard wood slats would make any difference. Take the bed back and get your
    money back. If they ask for the wrapping and other things, just tell them u want your money back and say that the bed didn't
    live up to your expectations. Otherwise go to Fair Trading. There are new laws in place so they can't refuse you the money back. Good Luck!

amy.barnicoat
    amy.barnicoatasked

Is this bed worth getting if not what bed frame would be good?

Alton_Chan
    Alton_Chan

I don't think this bed is worth the trouble and the time to put it together. Best is to paid a little bit more and buy an already assembled bed.

See all Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame questions