Ikea Kallax Range

Ikea Kallax Range Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4 questions from our users

Maree
Mareeasked

Does anyone know if and when these particular Kallax inserts will be available in Australia or Perth? Item number is 204.237.20 Kallax insert with 1 shelf 33 x 33. It splits each cube into two. You can find them on overseas Ikea but I can’t seem to find them here. Thank you.

Frequent shopper
Frequent shopper

Have not seen them in Perth. The insert available is a single unit with a hinged door or the insert is drawers. Products keep changing. Here today gone tomorrow.

Happy T.
Happy T.asked

Can I place one8 Kallax cube on top of the other

Yes, I suppose you could but the surface is quite slippery. A piece of rubber non-skid material would ideally sandwich the two together. Wouldn't want a cat to jump on the top cube and send it flying. It would be better to buy the larger model.

Michelle O.
Michelle O.asked

I also am a female but quite savvy and able to use drill/ driver etc but the kallax inserts are dreadfully hard and do not fit in as ‘inserts’ easily. Just problems plus plus especially with attaching insert to frame. Also drawer inserts are very variable. Drawer fronts are not sturdy, drop forward, drew item for sides does not insert all the way in hole so cover on side does not fit.
Attaching insert is not as illustrated in method pamphlet.
Upset!

Yes. Same experience. I had 8 inserts to fit. Got easier. I found drilling in, reversing the screw and pushing in again a few times helped screws in. Had to use electric drill. Worth the trouble in the end. I would recommend paying Ikea to install inserts next time. Horrible job.

familylomas
familylomasasked

Could these storage cubes be used for files?

Other Living Storage Furniture Pieces