Ikea Kallax Range

Ikea Kallax Range

See the Best Living Storage Furniture Pieces in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
Kate
KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it! Transformed my entry!

I just bought the 4x1 Kallax white storage cube. I am extremely happy with it, it was so easy to put together...and I hate flat pack furniture. I also bought 4 of the wicker storage boxes. I have laid the cube flat and bought a cushion for the top so I am using it as shoe storage/ drop zone. It looks perfect in the entry of my home. It is very versatile and for $60 you cant go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019 at IKEA for $60.00.

Marusar
MarusarGoulburn

Awesome

I love these cube shelves. They're so easy to put together, they look awesome and can hold a lot of weight without falling a part. This is my second one, i've had my first one for about 6 years now.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
NRyan
NRyanAU

Fantastic Storage Unit & Great Price

We purchased an 8 box unit over 3 years ago and it is still in great condition. Currently being used for toy storage in our playroom (we also purchased the fabric boxes to go with it). Very happy with this product, great value for money too, would buy another.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Scott T
Scott TSydney Surrounds, NSW

A great and versatile unit at a good price

I purchased a kallax 4 x 2 storage unit to use as a TV stand for a large LCD TV.

when used on its side, with 2 sets of castors this unit is perfect for the task. It's wide enough to fit a 65" LCD TV and feels really sturdy.

Putting this unit together on my own was a real challenge due to the size of the side panels. So I would recommend 2 people to do it.

Also, I was concerned as I had to bang the middle panels quite hard to get them to fit.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Living Storage Furniture Pieces

Find out how Ikea Kallax Range compares to other Living Storage Furniture Pieces

Tania
TaniaCanberra

Got one for my sewing room and one for my daughter room!

One is in my sewing room, with box insets and drawer option. The other is with box inserts only in my daughter's bedroom with all her toys. It's reasonably light, easy to put together and durable for a kids room. Depending on if you get boxes, cupboards or drawers (or nothing) there are a lot of options and looks. I got durable plastic boxes from IKEA to match and I haven't been disappointed, they carry a lot and look stylish (but the boxes are much more fiddly to put together then the Kallax frame!) . All parts were in the kit - there were no missing parts.

Maree
Mareeasked

Does anyone know if and when these particular Kallax inserts will be available in Australia or Perth? Item number is 204.237.20 Kallax insert with 1 shelf 33 x 33. It splits each cube into two. You can find them on overseas Ikea but I can’t seem to find them here. Thank you.

Frequent shopper
Frequent shopper

Have not seen them in Perth. The insert available is a single unit with a hinged door or the insert is drawers. Products keep changing. Here today gone tomorrow.

Happy T.
Happy T.asked

Can I place one8 Kallax cube on top of the other

Yes, I suppose you could but the surface is quite slippery. A piece of rubber non-skid material would ideally sandwich the two together. Wouldn't want a cat to jump on the top cube and send it flying. It would be better to buy the larger model.

Michelle O.
Michelle O.asked

I also am a female but quite savvy and able to use drill/ driver etc but the kallax inserts are dreadfully hard and do not fit in as ‘inserts’ easily. Just problems plus plus especially with attaching insert to frame. Also drawer inserts are very variable. Drawer fronts are not sturdy, drop forward, drew item for sides does not insert all the way in hole so cover on side does not fit.
Attaching insert is not as illustrated in method pamphlet.
Upset!

Yes. Same experience. I had 8 inserts to fit. Got easier. I found drilling in, reversing the screw and pushing in again a few times helped screws in. Had to use electric drill. Worth the trouble in the end. I would recommend paying Ikea to install inserts next time. Horrible job.