Ikea Leirvik

Ikea Leirvik

Looks great - design flawed.

Have had the bed a couple of years and it's had minimal use as my daughter is away at uni most of the time. Although it looks great, the legs are so poorly designed that it sways and squeaks and is nearly unusable. At the moment we have it supported on piles of books to give it stability. Waiting for a response from IKEA on how to fix it. Do not recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Pretty, noisy & wobbly

We bought this bed just over a year ago for our daughter's 18th birthday. She chose it based on looks, price & having slept in a great IKEA bed for her previous 15 years. It was fairly straightforward to assemble, however the constant wobbling & squeaking noise is absolutely unbearable. We have tried to take it apart & reassemble it however there is no way to get rid of the noise. She wakes every time she turns over at night. I am just so disappointed that I only saw the IKEA 12 month return policy after 13 months! Do not buy this bed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Wobbles and squeaks in due time.

Purchased for my daughter and maybe 6 to 8 months later the base legs squeaking and wobbling and cannot be fixed due to design. Nice looking bed but flaw in design.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Squeaky noisy unstable

We have had this bed a little over a year. Its squeaks and wobbles! It's been undone a re put together with foam washer but still it squeaks. If you don't make love-it might be the bed for you. But it wakes you up at night just rolling over!
Be is supported only by the 4 legs and 8 screws. It is gravity based assembly. ITS A JOKE!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A bed for a princess.

I bought this bed after having owned two other metal beds. I chose the metal frame because the cheap wood beds looked like they would easily chip or break and I wanted a bed that was easy to clean under.. I chose the Lonset slatted base because it looked more robust. It took a while to put together and is very solid. The bed comes with a steel mid beam. I would have preferred the queen size which I'm used to because the double is a little shorter. Overall, I'm very happy with the bed and the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017