Ikea Leirvik

Ikea Leirvik

See the Best Beds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Looks great - design flawed.

Have had the bed a couple of years and it's had minimal use as my daughter is away at uni most of the time. Although it looks great, the legs are so poorly designed that it sways and squeaks and is nearly unusable. At the moment we have it supported on piles of books to give it stability. Waiting for a response from IKEA on how to fix it. Do not recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Pretty, noisy & wobbly

We bought this bed just over a year ago for our daughter's 18th birthday. She chose it based on looks, price & having slept in a great IKEA bed for her previous 15 years. It was fairly straightforward to assemble, however the constant wobbling & squeaking noise is absolutely unbearable. We have tried to take it apart & reassemble it however there is no way to get rid of the noise. She wakes every time she turns over at night. I am just so disappointed that I only saw the IKEA 12 month return policy after 13 months! Do not buy this bed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Delon

DelonSydney, NSW

Wobbles and squeaks in due time.

Purchased for my daughter and maybe 6 to 8 months later the base legs squeaking and wobbling and cannot be fixed due to design. Nice looking bed but flaw in design.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Carlowe1

Carlowe1Brisbane

Squeaky noisy unstable

We have had this bed a little over a year. Its squeaks and wobbles! It's been undone a re put together with foam washer but still it squeaks. If you don't make love-it might be the bed for you. But it wakes you up at night just rolling over!
Be is supported only by the 4 legs and 8 screws. It is gravity based assembly. ITS A JOKE!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

isis

isisAU

A bed for a princess.

I bought this bed after having owned two other metal beds. I chose the metal frame because the cheap wood beds looked like they would easily chip or break and I wanted a bed that was easy to clean under.. I chose the Lonset slatted base because it looked more robust. It took a while to put together and is very solid. The bed comes with a steel mid beam. I would have preferred the queen size which I'm used to because the double is a little shorter. Overall, I'm very happy with the bed and the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

BRGasked

How to stop the bed from squeaking

1237cat
1237cat

You can't. We tried everything - bolts through the legs - packing the legs to make the seal tighter etc etc. It sometimes worked for a few days but then we would be back to square one. The design is flawed. IKEA refused any support at all - I was simply asking for advice on how to stop it swaying and squeaking and they just kept saying it was out of warrantee or whatever. No interest in supporting the customer left with a poorly designed product. We sadly ditched it ( as it was a pretty bed) and bought something that worked.

BRG

Thank you response. Probably what we will end up doing and purchasing a different bed. Ours will be it of warranty too I guess after 2 years.

dog123

Our situation was the same as 1237cat. Ikea offered no solution but my daughter is happy to persevere so she is still using it. Such a shame but then again it was a pretty cheap bed, so I guess you get what you pay for...

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives