Ikea Malfors

Ikea Malfors

Firm and Medium Firm
1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Mattresses in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Warning: Product and service unexpectedly painful.

I bought the Ikea Malfors foam mattress just over 3 weeks ago. I had researched very thoroughly about what I was going to buy. I needed a very firm mattress due to back problems, but am on a very tight budget. The Malfors seemed to perfectly fit what I needed. But from the first night of sleeping on it, I woke up with more back pain than I had ever experienced before. The problem is that it is a "memory" foam. The longer you sleep, the more entrenched into a hole you become! Your body cannot freely move around and gets stuck in the unhealthy position. Trying to get out of the hole with your back misaligned is agony. I persevered thinking I need to just get used to it, but every day it was worse.

Thinking that Ikea guaranteed their products, I took it back, but I was told I could not get a refund, only a store credit or replacement. I was devastated. Absolutely nowhere did I see this written about the mattresses, or I would not have bought it at all. It was the first new mattress I have purchased in 30 years. And no refund if there is something wrong with it! Nowhere does it state that it is "Memory" Foam or I would not have gone near it!

I must admit that the staff I spoke to seemed as helpful as they could be, but did stand by what they said was “store policy” and I eventually left with the store credit which they said I had 3 years to use or I could sell it!? Apart from not being able to use it to buy a suitable mattress elsewhere, the problem with the store credit is that there is no way you can keep a tab on the balance without having to line up and ask at the checkouts, so how is a prospective buyer going to be sure of the balance? Hopefully technology will fix this in the future.

All-in-all, a very nasty and unexpected experience, when I had had generally pleasant experiences with Ikea products in the past.

Ikea Malfors Firm DoubleIkea Malfors Firm QueenIkea Malfors Firm SingleIkea Malfors Medium Firm DoubleIkea Malfors Medium Firm QueenIkea Malfors Medium Firm Single
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $199$299$159$199$299$159
Type Latex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory Foam
FirmnessFirmFirmFirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm