Ikea Patrull Smidig

Ikea Patrull Smidig

See the Best Safety Gates in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

FoxBearSydney

FoxBearSydneyNSW, 2000

Plain, simple child safety gate

Good for its purpose. i was a little concerned when my daughter try to climb this gate. now she is 3 and still can't climb across so i am happy.
and the locking mechanism is hard to press, ok for adult but my 3 years don't have enough strength to unlock it so we are happy.
Its not removable , you have to drill into the wall to set the brackets. and for concrete wall it took me ages to drill the holes, but after the hole is drilled, the assembling is easy.
keep in mind that this is for a small corridor gate only!.(1 meter across) so for anything wider this gate will not work effectively.
Reliable, tested on child up to 3 years old.

No thanks...

I was very excited to find a simple looking baby gate during my last trip to IKEA. However, this gate is not so simple. The instructions are lacking and the bolts on the side are held in place only by pressure while the gate is installed. This means you have loose bolts any time you take the gate down. Not good if you are hoping to use at someone elses house. Also, I cannot get the gate to stay upright in my doorway while it's in the open position. We live in an old house and the doorways are not completely square from top to bottom. No amount of adjusting seems to do the trick.
Looks good, inexpensive
Not good for uneven doorways