IKEA

IKEA (page 2 of 42)

Online Store and Retail Stores

See the Best Furniture Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!!!! NEVER ORDER WITH THEM

Just revolting.
Expect you to be home for an outrageous amount of time. Was harassed with calls from Ikea while I was at the doctor with my sick child and then spoken to in a revolting tone by the customer service operator. Ikea should be ashamed of itself.
I would give them zero stars if possible.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Excellent service from IKEA!

Online purchase was super easy. The sofa was exactly what I expected. The delivery, communication and updates were all spot on. The helpful, friendly team made for a really pleasant experience. Thank you IKEA.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Unprofessional customer support team and poor delivery.

Spent a few thousands in Ikea due to moving into a new house. Had to call them 3 times to notify that they still have pieces and products missing. The last time I called some rude lady by the name of “Maria” from the customer support team in Nsw (could be a fake name) was so rude and did not try to help rectify my situation. It was like she just wanted to hang up. It was not like a spent a few hundreds, I spent over $5000 and I would at least like my money’s worth in service as well! Poor customer service definitely wont be going back to Ikea ever again! If I could, I would’ve loved to return these products for a refund!

Store LocationMarsden Park

Worst service I have ever experienced

We live in north Queensland ordered 3 kitchen work tables that was three weeks ago! Delivery was to be one week. We rang, and they have lost the consignment. Since there has been no phone or email updates. So where does that leave us? Ikea isn't cheap neither is the transport charges but seems they think once you paid their jobs over. Very disappointed.

Below terrible

The whole experience was beyond disappointing, from start to finish. Firstly parking, if you intend on buying up and want to bring a trailer don’t bother. It’s too hard. There is no signage stating that your parking ticket needs to be paid before getting into your car. I held the whole line up when I got to the exit and realised you couldn’t pay as you left. The staff are very limited and don’t really support you. Only direct you in the general direction, they can’t leave their post. The offsite warehouse... where do I start? Communication break down and completely impractical parking. I left in tears and with nothing (I was told twice that what I was after was in stock only to get there and one component was unavailable. I could have it posted to me when back in stock for $599... ridiculous! I have driven a 7 hour round trip to avoid this). I will NEVER be back. Utterly disappointing.

Store LocationRichmond Victoria.

Is the 25 year kitchen warranty indeed fake?

Saved for 7 years. Waited 3 months, yes that's right, (ENDLESS phone calls instigated by us, case number changed 3 times) to finally get an inspection and be told it was our fault that a practicaly brand new sunbeam slow cooker (on feet) had caused the massive crack through our $3000+ benchtop and it's not covered under warranty. Where were we supposed to cook if not in our kitchen, IKEA and Padstone? I hope this helps at least someone. Receipt included.

Store LocationAs above

Ikea Online Store - Toll Delivery Failure

Ikea's delivery of furniture via Toll requires you to be home during a weekday for a 12 hour period awaiting its delivery as a signature is required (despite advising Toll that I was prepared to forego signature) or else the item is returned to a Sydney depot, if I had 12 hours to sit around awaiting a delivery I would have driven the 3 hours myself to their Sydney store.

Refusing to give me a replacement door - Kitchen

I feel so annoyed and frustrated this has been going on since October 2018. My corner cupboard got broken and I went in to replace it. I was told it was an older sized cupboard and they no longer make that size anymore. So they tried to help my sending me a cupboard that was the wrong size. When I returned to return the wrong size they said the only was they will help me is if I get proof of purchase which I cant do as I bought the house with the kitchen in place I have tried to get the owners contact to no avail. This is an Ikea kitchen they have basically said they wont help me even though the confirmed the warranty in this kitchen is longer than 10 years!! WOW just wow what a bunch of crap! I will totally Never ever buy your products again. You basically said go get a cabinet maker to fix it we wont help you.

Store LocationLogan

Great quality and affordable prices!

The store is very spacious and easy to navigate like all ikea stores. The range of products are good. The prices are reasonable and a good choice of products. The customer service is good. Furnitures were easy to assemble, the guidelines are very precise and easy for a newbie.

Store Locationrhodes

Terrible delivery service

Just cancelled my order because the delivery service is terrible. The deliver guys didn't complete the job and told me that they are not allowed to take the goods on the stairs if there are more than 30 steps. which is ridiculous and i wasn't expecting IKEA to sub contract these unprofessional people for their delivery services
my first and last IKEA purchase

Store LocationMarsden Park

Customer service bad experience

I had very bad experience with IKEA shipping.

With my latest order, I was never told that my AREA can only have service delivery every Thursday yet I been ordering items in the past couple of times and were delivered any day.

With my latest order, I was told to PAY another delivery FEE which I was never been told as well.

This is ridiculous and acceptable where IKEA customer service FAILED to communicate with their clients.

IKEA had to be flexible with their clients.

Wollert, VIC is just 26 kms to Melbourne CBD yet they treat it as regional.

Had the IKEA customer service called me again and she wants me to charge again for the delivery.

I was never told it was REGIONAL. My previous orders were delivered on time but this last time round, IKEA customer letting us down.

Faulty Ikea rug caused damage to my floor

I purchased a woollen, latex backed rug from iIKEA Richmond. After some years the latex backing has firmly stuck the rug to the floor. It can’t be removed without damaging the rug and more significantly, the floor. IKEA have responded that the rug is not under warranty and it shouldn’t have been used on a timber floor and, offered $100 as “good will” to clean the floor. They require that I pay for the cleaning and then provide them with a receipt. The floor will need to be re-polished.

Received broken item

Ordered clothes rack. Didn’t receive in good condition. The clothes rack was broken. Not satisfied at all with the products. Couldn’t even assemble easily. Not ordering anything from ikea now.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

not the least bit user friendly

Firstly, not all what I ordered was delivered. A wardrobe set came without hinges for the door, the door is still leaning up against the wardrobe in its packing box. I called three days later to enquire about them, if I hadn't called the hinges would never have been delivered. Still don't have them.
Secondly, I was given misleading information by the sales person (aka "our friendly co-worker"). We had ordered some items not in stock, at least my wife and I were told they were ordered. The sales person wrote down on the shopping list the day they would be in stock and the day they would be delivered. Well, they weren't actually ordered, Ikea had no record of them. And 3 days after the supposed "in-stock" date, they were not in stock.
Finally, one guy showed up to do the installation of some very large wardrobes and a large sideboard. He arrived at 7:00 AM and was here well past noon. My opinion, it was too big a job for a single person (hence my decision to pay for assembly). Sideboard door hinges were installed improperly, probably because the poor guy was exhausted from erecting the massive wardrobe (3 meters long by 2.29 meters tall) by himself.
I gave customer service 2 stars because, although the guy in the store did not clearly tell us our out-of-stock items needed to be ordered after they were in stock, the woman who I spoke to on the phone was helpful.

Store LocationPerth

Appalling online service

The reviews are accurate about their appalling online delivery service via toll. Half my $4,000 order arrived promptly and fine and items are good, but they separate out the smaller items to Toll as a 'parcel delivery' and i have to wait 3 weeks even though all the items showed online as in stock, and i can see them available in my local store. When i found out a delivery date and wasn't going to be home very rude ikea dude on the telephone said i'd have to drive to the other side of melbourne to pick them up, and repeatedly parroted that i accepted those conditions when i ordered and if i didnt like go line to complain. There was no advice when i ordered i'd have to with 3 weeks for the smaller items that i could buy today 30mins away in their store.

Terrible.

Promised delivery on a certain date. Two days later, still not arrived. Unnaceptable and customer service blame the delivery company - despite the fact ikea entered address details incorrectly. Avoid the online store.

Limited Kitchen Hardware

Installed another IKEA kitchen for clients recently with the included hardware fittings, and had to run down to Lincoln Sentry again to grab a Cabiseal for the dishwasher. When will they upgrade their fittings to the local standards so installers can offer the best finish without running around for extra parts. Maybe they don't offer them because they're Australian made?

The <IKEA> system

This was my first and last time to visit IKEA. This is really not about the products sold in the store but the whole feeling of the atmosphere I have experienced. I ended up with frustration and a huge headache. The layout of the store is annoying for a starter. They want to be considered as child-friendly, obviously wanting children to return and get used to the "fun" idea of the store. On the other hand a huge amount of items (mostly glass, ceramic) are placed at the reach of little busy hands. You can't keep your eyes on them all the time. Unless you use the place as a playground and forget about shopping. So... please don't take your children with you, it's better for you and much better for your kids to take them to an environment that does not make them hyperactive. Also the lunch area outside have no sun protection at all.

Store LocationLogan

On Line orders

Misleading delivery information. When booking an order they gave false delivery dates then say it was only an estimate. **BTW doesn't say estimate it says Delivery Date** When following up told to call Toll. Call Toll and them being the most useless logistics company in Australia also have no clue when goods will be sent. No Ownership of the problem just poor service through and through. 0 rating if only this was an option. BTW told IKEA customer agent I was going to do an online review - she said I was welcome too!!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

I got excellent service. Highly recommended.

I bought a potato press online because I liked the look of it and it was inexpensive. However, the rod which connects the plunger to the lever handle 9 2 flat pieces of pressed stainless steel) bent and kinked whilst pressing a spud. Ikea sent me a replacement free of charge, no questions asked. OK, the original may have had a flaw, but also I may have been a bit careless. Either way, I have never had better service. I will be a bit more careful with the new one!

Product Appearance As advertised

Hey, I am having a problem with one of the IKEA products which I purchased in Nov 2016. The problem is that the leather finish is not of good quality and is tearing off. I was having similar problems with the seat within one year of purchase. I have successfully exchanged the faulty part alone from an IKEA store (exchanged only one part of the furniture). Further, after around one year, I received quality issues with another part of the same furniture set. Went to the store and they replaced the faulty part. Now I have a quality issue with the same furniture set. I called IKEA call centre and sent them pictures; they came back to me saying this is not a quality issue. When I mentioned about the previous instances, they are not serious about it and telling that would have been a courtesy gesture. I have paid about $950 for the furniture and had issues from the start. I am wondering if there is an issue resolution department for IKEA where I can talk to other than the contact centre guys who are horrible. Any hints or help will be helpful. Thanks, Phil.
Yes. Contact IKEA as per their website

Anyone else had problems with the Richmond warehouse pick up?

if i organise to return assembled item, how long does it take for it to be picked up and how do i arrange for full refund?
Obviously only IKEA can answer

IKEA Online StoreIKEA ACT, CanberraIKEA NSW, Marsden ParkIKEA NSW, RhodesIKEA NSW, TempeIKEA QLD, LoganIKEA QLD, North LakesIKEA SA, AdelaideIKEA VIC, RichmondIKEA VIC, SpringvaleIKEA WA, Perth
CategoryOnline Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and Outdoor