Ikon Institute of Australia

Ikon Institute of Australia (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ikon Institute of Australia

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

A special place !!!

I also am a current student who has studied at two other colleges and unis. I have found the teaching and especially the administration staff to be extremely accommodating on the Melbourne campus. I was once before a micronism in a massive sea of learning.... alone. But now I feel attending Ikon I am a nurtured being with a name, gaining unique knowledge, unique experiences in a unique space, So thank you !!. I feel privileged to have been accepted into this degree and being on this journey with me and to one day working in a special unique industry. :)

Ellen
EllenBrisbane

The teaching is good, but the admin and support staff make it not worth it.

As other reviewers mentioned - the admin and support staff are difficult to deal with. Calls aren't returned, emails aren't answered (or are responded to with none of the questions I asked addressed, making me wonder if my email had been read at all before the reply). I often received conflicting information on requirements for assignments.

The impression I got was of a lot of internal disorganisation, and that while the teachers did care - the admin staff did not, and the struggles I encountered made it not worth the money I paid. I wouldn't recommend going here.

Margot
MargotByron bay

Misleading and very distasteful

Ikon is happy to take absolutely no accountability for their actions. As always. The worst communication. They pulled support at the beginning of our prac placement without telling anyone, changed the timetable without telling anyone, no one responds or writes back to you. Most teachers are completely incompetent and underqualified. Not to mention inexperienced. For a "leading psychotherapy institute" they are very below par.

Life changing education

Education & Training Services

Find out how Ikon Institute of Australia compares to other Education & Training Services

Each to his own

It’s a shame to hear these reviews. I worked like hell to do well in both the Art Therapy and Counselling courses. Yep, I came across some temporary obstacles just like one would anywhere but I knew it was up to me to get on with it. I did lots of homework to deepen my understanding of art Therapy in particular. I now have an amazing job where I’m respected for the knowledge I’ve learned using both disciplines. My success was my business, no one else’s. All the best everyone.

Greedy, money grabbers, worst admin ever.

I studied a diploma of transpersonal art therapy having completed 90% of the course. Throughout my study with Ikon the administration team in particular was horrible. They do not know how to communicate and can't seem to get back to students in a timely manner. It has taken me atleast 3 years to get my question answered about how i go about finishing the rest of my degree. Now they tell me they do not offer the course anymore and there is no way i can complete it! I am still determined to finish my qualification, but all they want me to do is study a completely different course and take more of my money.

Joh
JohBrisbane

A low quality study experience

karl