Ikon Institute of Australia

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ikon Institute of Australia

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
MJ O.
MJ O.South East Queensland, QLD

I don't know how this place is still operating

Teaching Staff

Terrible lecturers for early childhood education

This is a business to suck money out of international students. Poorly prepared 'lecturers' with no clue about early childhood education or adult teaching. Go elsewhere if you can. If you try to complain, they will kick you out you so enter at your peril.

Mariah O.
Mariah O.Perth, WA

Best to study elsewhere…

Another Brick in the Wall

In our assessments we are required to describe, evaluate, discuss, plan and talk about the importance, implementation and maintenance of the material. Unfortunately I feel in class we are not given the opportunity to fullfill these criteria. These way of learning is not stimulated in class as the learning is quite passive. The teacher reads slides for the majority of our online learning and the critical thinking and debating is non existent (face-to-face learning is also non-existent). She just deliver the lessons to get over and done with it.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Ikon Institute of Australia compares to other Education & Training Services

Ikon Student
Ikon Student Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't throw money away!

Glenda Q.
Glenda Q.South East Queensland, QLD

Please go elsewhere

The academics have the hugest egos. The signing up process (admin staff) are incredibly rude and degrading. The receptionist who answers the phone is completely lovely. All the staff could learn from her. Please go elsewhere and save yourself a lot of money and heartache.

Ikon_has_no_integrity
Ikon_has_no_integritySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst education provider

Student at Ikon
Student at IkonSouth Australia

No support and fail to answer any queries

The worst educational provider I have been to thus far in which they never follow up ANYTHING and leave things UNANSWERED for months. I have never felt so unsupported as a student and would NOT recommend this school to anyone. The only decent thing was the quality of the teachers but educational support officer and management will leave you unanswered and frustrated - go elsewhere.

Deirdre
DeirdreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusted

Was considering this course but have changed my mind due to the unprofessional time frame of marking assignments, lack of compassion to students with suddenness of an immediate family death, non humanitarian, no area to discuss perception, extreme lack of support to several students I have discussed this with

StaceyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor support

The course itself was awesome. The Teachers were great. Too bad that the support the Students get from Ikon is very poor.

You will get minimal support when it comes to Placement and if your looking at an Exciting Graduation then forget about it.

Your support lasts until they get their final payment and then too bad, no more support.

I would not recommend study through Ikon. Go through someone who can provide a graduation.

Well done Ikon!!!

Corporate Sales tactics

Adele Schultz
Adele SchultzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wish I could give a zero score - Don't put yourself through this.

Margot
MargotByron bay

Misleading and very distasteful

Ikon is happy to take absolutely no accountability for their actions. As always. The worst communication. They pulled support at the beginning of our prac placement without telling anyone, changed the timetable without telling anyone, no one responds or writes back to you. Most teachers are completely incompetent and underqualified. Not to mention inexperienced. For a "leading psychotherapy institute" they are very below par.

Greedy, money grabbers, worst admin ever.

I studied a diploma of transpersonal art therapy having completed 90% of the course. Throughout my study with Ikon the administration team in particular was horrible. They do not know how to communicate and can't seem to get back to students in a timely manner. It has taken me atleast 3 years to get my question answered about how i go about finishing the rest of my degree. Now they tell me they do not offer the course anymore and there is no way i can complete it! I am still determined to finish my qualification, but all they want me to do is study a completely different course and take more of my money.

Joh
JohBrisbane

A low quality study experience

Miou M.
Miou M.asked

How’s the Art Therapy course in Brisbane?

Hi Miou,
If you would like to find out more about our Arts Therapy course in Brisbane you can visit ikon.edu.au/contact/ and one of our Course Advisors will be in touch with you
Thanks!

Jeannie E.
Jeannie E.asked

Hello,
I am looking into doing an arts therapy course and I am not sure if this Uni has courses with online training.
I am working and would need the flexibility to study online. Thank you Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,
Thank you for your interest in our courses. Unfortunately we do not have online study options at this stage, however if you'd like we can have someone contact you directly when/if this becomes available. Just email us at info@ikoninstitute.com.au
Cheers!
- Luke

Don’t do it Jeannie they are the absolute WORST education provider.

Bec K.
Bec K.asked

Hi, with the new campus at Byron is there any teething issues there.. I’m looking to do transpersonal counselling in November
Can we contact some past students &/or teachers to get an idea od there’s experiences ? Thanks

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of Australia

Thanks for your question Bec. We have been there for a while now, so there are no teething problems. If you send an email to info@ikoninstitute.com.au with your full contact details, I would be happy to arrange for you to speak with past students & academics.

See all Ikon Institute of Australia questions