Ikon Institute of Australia

See the Best Education & Training Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ikon Institute of Australia

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Best place to study

Educators are professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable of the content they are teaching. Course work is okay, as it ranges from group work, projects, and individual assignments. The educators give some classes on time to work on assessments/ assignments which is good. The value of money is great, and the environment in IKON Sydney campus is safe.

Hi Shen,
Thank you so much for your positive review, we are very happy to hear that you have been enjoying your studies at Ikon!

Donika
Donika

Incredible education

I graduated as an arts therapist from the BAT course. Ikon has offered me an incredible foundational base to work as an arts therapist within my community.
The education is beyond any other institution offers arts therapy education (trust me i shopped around, and also attended a masters somewhere else and left).
The assessments challenge students to critically reflect on self, theory and lived experience.
I cannot speak highly enough about Ikon.

Hi Donika,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us.

Eco-Psychotherapy Intensive

This retreat was beautiful, nourishing and educational. The perfect amount of doing and being. I feel confident in my ecotherapy practice moving forward and feel genuinly more connected to the land and nature.

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you Zoe. The retreats play such an important role in the experience, and we're happy to read your review.

Peta T.
Peta T.South East Queensland, QLD

Voice and sound elective 2021 Brisbane

The content of this elective was at times difficult but the lecturer Elisa James was a world class voice and singing therapist. Amazing transformation was gained during the 5 day intensive

Ikon TeamIkon Institute of AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for the great feedback and review Peta. We will pass on your comments to Elisa, as we are sure she would love to hear it.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Ikon Institute of Australia compares to other Education & Training Services

Cristina
CristinaFairfield

Eternally grateful

Studying at Ikon has been expansive, life-changing, and amazing. The course content was enriching, edgy and exciting, as were the teachers, who offered a high level of knowledge, wisdom, insight, and a whole of care and support. The staff, too, who constantly checked in on me to see how my studies were going, as well as enquiring into my personal life. I felt genuinely cared for. I have made such good friends as well and I am forever grateful. Highly recommend.

Jasper
JasperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing Education

I recently just started at IKON and I couldn’t believe what I am learning the course really does start with a bang!

The whole process from when first made contact with IKON has been truly amazing the person who I spoke to on the phone made sure that I knew what I was doing they couldn’t be more helpful.

Then classes started and WOW the content what you are learning in your first week, I have started other counselling courses at other institutes and this education is second to none.

Everyone at Ikon has been truly amazing from the person who enrolled me to the people I see daily on the campus, I couldn’t be more grateful at the opportunity that I have to study at IKON.

Teaching Staff

Fantastic courses with sound advice

I am enrolled in an Ikon course and am loving the content, the trainers and the people broadly. Ikon's courses are certainly unique and the process prior to enrolment was nothing less than fantastic, with Ikon's course advisors providing sound advice - with my interests at heart. I spoke to multiple course advisors and staff who were warm, empathetic and tried to understand my position as much as possible. I would recommend studying with Ikon to anyone wanting to work in a therapeutic arena or grow as an individual.

Learning Material

Absolutely adored every part of this uni and the course

I had the most wonderful year at the Ikon institute. I have been at university for six years in total now and never have I experienced such warmth and support from lecturers and tutors. The course content was wonderful and I grew tremendously over the year as a result of the beautiful people at Ikon. I have recommended this university to all of the people who have asked about studying Art Therapy. I will miss you Ikon!

Michael
MichaelMelbourne

I wouldn't consider anywhere else.....

Amazing!

Ikon has been a profound experience in my life that has both changed me as a human being whilst learning the skills to be a great therapist. Big gratitude to all at Ikon who have made my experience so nourishing and informative. Forever grateful

L Dart
L DartWarrnambool

Life changing

This course has not just being life changing for me but has also, been incredibly interesting, insightful and exciting. I couldn’t be more thankful to ikon and its staff

A Terrific Enviroment to Learn and Grow

I am a current student at IKON in Melbourne and could not speak more highly of the hands-on teaching and support of this campus. The respect and care from the tutors make learning so much easier. Administration staff support definitely 10/10. Nothing is too much trouble and students are always greeted with a warm smile. LOVE THIS PLACE!

A special place !!!

I also am a current student who has studied at two other colleges and unis. I have found the teaching and especially the administration staff to be extremely accommodating on the Melbourne campus. I was once before a micronism in a massive sea of learning.... alone. But now I feel attending Ikon I am a nurtured being with a name, gaining unique knowledge, unique experiences in a unique space, So thank you !!. I feel privileged to have been accepted into this degree and being on this journey with me and to one day working in a special unique industry. :)

Ellen
EllenBrisbane

The teaching is good, but the admin and support staff make it not worth it.

As other reviewers mentioned - the admin and support staff are difficult to deal with. Calls aren't returned, emails aren't answered (or are responded to with none of the questions I asked addressed, making me wonder if my email had been read at all before the reply). I often received conflicting information on requirements for assignments.

The impression I got was of a lot of internal disorganisation, and that while the teachers did care - the admin staff did not, and the struggles I encountered made it not worth the money I paid. I wouldn't recommend going here.