Listing monitored by Imagine Holidays

• Trip Completed Yes (8) · No (31)
  • Ease of Booking

Pauline G
Pauline G

Accommodation Disappointed

We stayed at The Mercure hotel on Kangaroo Island in S.A. It was a big disappointment. The carpet was stained and dirty. The bathroom was old and tired.

We also went on the Murray Princess on the Murray River. We paid an extra $1000 to get an upgrade for an outside cabin. To our horror the room looked like a prison cell with two single beds. The beds were rock hard and narrow. I’ve come away with aches and pains from trying to sleep on it.

It was a huge disappointment and I wouldn’t recommend anyone else sleeping in those cabins.

Useless Company
Useless CompanySydney Surrounds, NSW

Wouldn't get this mob to organise a chook raffle

1. don't communicate
2.don't read what they send to you and don't add commentary should you understand it
3.Aren't contactable either via phone, email or online...don't call back if and when they say they will
4.Have no idea what their partners are sending out, don't read it, just send it out and hope you understand it.
5.Essentially have no idea what a customer requires and even if they did, still don't know how to address it. Totally ruined our travelling experience.

kaz n.
kaz n.Perth, WA

Terrible Customer No Service

They took so long to issue travel documents They blamed Covid for upping costs even though Covid was already around when booking made. Would never use them again or recommend them

Billa
BillaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

COMPLETE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE

PatriciaHunter Region, NSW

Disgusting

Sorry typed in the wrong number, correct number is IMA 11290

Trevor D.
Trevor D.Sydney, NSW

They do not abide by their own terms and conditions

Purchased package holiday and have paid $8,400.00 to date.
Unfortunately, although not their fault, the holiday had to be cancelled.
Under their own terms and conditions in such circumstance under section C, they state you have choice of an alternative or having a refund of all monies paid. The alternative did not suit and I asked for full refund.
No. They are refusing to refund the money paid. Have provided a credit note for part of the money with a future credit note for $2928 which has to be used by November 2022 and has to be travel with Singapore airlines only.
If they have no intention of complying with their own terms and conditions, what is the point.

Francis
FrancisSydney, NSW

No Customer Service

Barry
Barry

Don't try to get a refund when Imagine Travel cancels a trip

We booked a cruise (Jul22) & paid a deposit (2,000 AUD) in Nov21.
Imagine Travel (not us) cancelled the cruise in Dec21.
They offered us another cruise in Dec22 but we declined because of the weather at that time of the year.
We did NOT want a voucher & asked for a refund.
We were told that refunds were not available (basically we were being asked to pay for Imagine Travel to cancel the cruise). I had commenced a dispute with consumer affairs & was asked to contact Imagine Travel first. I did this & was offered a refund of 1,800 AUD & that meant that Imagine Travel would then keep the 200 AUD for "future travel". (REALLY ??????).
Tread your path VERY carefully with this firm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

customer service is non existent.

I Rang on Sunday 27th of march to enquire about a trip advertised in the Sunday paper ,as usual these days a message saying longer than usual wait times ,so I waited, eventually answered by a lady who informed me she was not a consultant but would get someone to call me back ,eventually on Monday afternoon I decided to call them back as I hadn't received a call back .
spoke with a very pleasant young man called ----- asked a few questions I had about the trip and asked if I could relay the details to my wife ,not a problem I was told, and that -----would call me back the next day at approximately 10 am . suffice to say I'm still waiting .?
So don't think ill be booking anything through imagine holidays.
Gary
Brisbane .
4/4/22

Trip Completed No

Lesley
LesleyPerth, WA

Very Poor service

Our holiday was changed at the last minute. We were promised a refund but so far nothing and I can’t get an answer when I try to ring and my emails can’t be sent

Trip Completed Yes
Booking TypeTour
Oliver
OliverPerth, WA

A very, very poor service

Like many of your reviewers who booked with this company we received our tickets at the very last moment. I have a heart condition and this caused me enormous stress resulting in us not being able to book some excursions because, of course, by now they were sold out..

They know how we feel and yet they are still bombarding us with sales and marketing junk daily. I have received over 200 emails, all deleted of course but very annoying. Try not to give them your mobile. They make it near impossible to unsubscribe.

I could have booked direct with the cruise line Cunard and saved a ton of money. Strongly advise this course of action.

Oliver Sellars West Australia.

Pa
PaQueensland

Terrible customer service

Mary
MaryGippsland, VIC

Lack of customer service and flexibility

As everyone is aware, there is a global disruption going on for the last 2 years. Unfortunately the customer service was not a satisfactory one with my enquiry of our existing holiday package being delayed since 2020. Asking to talk to a manager or logistics team seems to be met with a standard "... they will tell you the same information that I have been talking to you about ...". There was no attempt to try and help with alternate holidays with a similar price that is worth the value, other than check out the holiday packages on our website, or sympathize with the current events happening. I cannot talk to someone about another holiday alternative until I cancel or credit the existing. Frustrating!

A. ButcherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stop texting me.

I have never subscribed. Never booked a holiday but I get daily spam texts that I just can’t stop. I have emailed, texted, blocked, reported to the ACCC. Even asked the police for help. STOP. TEXTING. ME.

Graham SSouth East Queensland, QLD

REDEEMING VOUCHER

I have now been trying to redeem our voucher for 2 weeks, and have not been able to talk with anyone or get a return phone call, even after someone from the Brisbane Office kindly emailed the manager of the department responsible. As well as the email, I have left 3 messages and phoned almost every day (always engaged!). Given my husband's health situation, which has been explained to Imagine, we can no longer do our original package of a train journey, which was cancelled due to Covid. With no refund forthcoming I need help to source something more suitable, and would appreciate a phone call. The Fiji package may be suitable.

Ann