Impressions the Home Builder Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Alouise

Alouiseasked

We are currently building with impressions and I’d be keen to know who is responsible for providing updates and who should we be contacting with any questions? Since a recent reassigning of our liaison and supervisor we have had to chase on multiple occasions to even get any update, not happy with recent interactions to say the least.

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi Alouise, The Client Liaison is your main point of contact during the construction phase of your journey. Please send us an email at sales@impressions.net.au with your job number and our team will attend to any queries you have. Kind regards, Impressions the Home Builder

GG55

GG55asked

ideas for a custom home office design?

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi GG55, Thanks for your question. Our team can help with home designs featuring a home office or work with you on a custom design. Please get in touch at sales@impressions.net.au if you would like to speak to one of our New Home Consultants.

Sam k

Sam kasked

If a question is asked about cost of site works can impressions give you break down of site works costs that you provided?

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi Sam k, our team would be more than happy to go through the breakdown of siteworks with you. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Regards, Impressions the Home Builder.

Echo C

Echo Casked

Should build do something check the usability after heavy shower and all wiring and socket are soaked water? The ceiling board are totally wet after shower because the builder installed them before have roofing on. Is this a normal steps?

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi Echo C, after consulting with our Construction Team rest assured your wiring, sockets and ceiling board are perfectly safe from the recent weather. We're making great progress with your new home and each step is being completed as per the standard building practices. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with your Client Liaison directly should you have any further concerns.
Regards, Impressions the Home Builder

Ms_prez

Ms_prezasked

Hi Impressions, do you have a show room with all pre start selections, similar to Dale Alcock's one?

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi Ms_Prez, we have a Pre-start selections area that we would be happy to show you.
To arrange a viewing with one of our Sales Consultants, please send us an email at sales@impressions.net.au
Kind Regards, Impressions the Home Builder

gazza

gazzaasked

What is the allowance per square metre for floor tiles that are included, the sales rep couldn't tell me.

Hi Gazza,

Please provide us with your contact details and job number to sales@impressions.net.au so that we can determine your allowance for floor tiles.

Regards,

garry
garry

i have had a look at houses being built and i really don't like the way brickies are leaving gaps in the brick work (lack of mortar) where you can see into the room next door, i do realise plastering covers these gaps ,if i chose to go with impressions would they write into the contract that this won't happen
cheers

Mike

Mikeasked

HI, I'm looking to build with Impressions. Question on the depth of the window glass. What is the depth of the window / sliding door and small window glass? I'm thinking about increasing it (depending on the depth) for energy saving / security / etc.

Mike

Hi Mike

The thickness of the glass is determined by the window size to ensure it meets all relevan safety standards. We can increase the thickness of the glass at your request depending on the location and desired outcome.
For example 5mm Toughened glass or 6.38mm laminated glass are available. Feel free to contact us sales@impressions.net.au for more details.

Regards,

Annie

Don,t build with this lot,you will be VERY sorry.There are some decen builders out there but this mob isn,t one of them.

Anjasked

Hi Impression,
How long normally take to construct a house? Is it 7 to 8 months?

Thanks,
Aj

Hi Anj,

Assuming you have a titled lot, our average time-frame for the total building process is 13 months (6 months administration and 6-9 months construction).
Many factors can influence this time-frame, some of which are not under our control. If you would like one of our sales consultants to discuss this further, please email us at sales@impressions.net.au

Kind Regards,

Annie

I genuinely hope you do not go with his lot as they are beyond bad.I have people contacting me with their problems and I,m setting up a Facebook page.They promised I,d end up with a good house when we had so much trouble...we didn't.Don,t believe a word they say.You,ll be VERY sorry if you do.

Could you explain why??

Areebasked

Hi! I'm in the process of building my first home. I'm after some honest feedback about Impressions. Does anyone has any recent experiences building with them and would like to share their experiences? My contact person at Impression is Shameen Evans. Regards.

Fatima
Fatima

Hello Areeb,
We just build our first home with impressions as well. I can say, you are in safe hands. No doubt, you will get a quality home. Building time frame 7-8 months :)
Good luck!

Areeb

Hello Fatima, thanks for the recommendation. When you say building time frame 7-8 months do you mean total time from signing the building contract to getting your new home keys or it took 7-8 months to just construct the house itself? Normal time frame to build the house is 22-28 weeks. Regards

Annie

Get it inspected as often as you can.We built with them and it was disgusting.I tell everyone who will listen just how big a mess they made.As for those who believe they got a good home..that,s great but get it inspected and they might just get the shock we got.Our chocks which support the angle beams to the roof were missing and the collars which are meant to be fixed from side to side were too short and too high in the roof peak.Serious stuff.Not up to Australian Standard.Although bolted they were not tightened.Thank goodness we had an independent inspection done.From start to end it was a nightmare and if you only knew the RUBBISH job they did you,d get a shock.We wanted what we paid for no more no less.Good luck!

Arlene Goddard

Arlene Goddardasked

How do I create the account?

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Hi Arlene, If you could please contact us at sales@impressions.net.au and we can explain how to open a product review account and leave a review.

perthhomeowner

perthhomeownerasked

Hi all we are thinking of building with impressions, we have met with a sales rep and he has drawn up a design for us the price came up about 30k more than the original plan and we have only made minor changes (double sinks ect) have emailed to request a break down on the costs still waiting on a reply feel like we are being slightly conned...does anyone have any recommendations? the plan is something we would really like to go with but really not happy with the sales person so far..

Hillier1989
Hillier1989

Hey,
Yeah we had extras double sinks upgraded handles etc even extended the alfresco but it wasn't that much ! The biggest regret for me being my first home was taking the design to other builders and seeing what they can do it might have to slightly change but they can make it pretty close to same.
Hope this helps.

Impressions H.Impressions the Home Builder

Dear perthhomeowner, Thank you for your enquiry. We would like to take this opportunity to discuss your queries with you further. Please contact us at your earliest convenience and we will ensure that the matter of your concern is addressed immediately. Ph: 6461 5200 E: info@impressions.net.au

Justin99
Justin99

Hi perthhomeowner,
First contact is quite important, so if you feel they are failing already, I would steer clear. It will only get worse. I'm trying to be mean, it is just the reality of building. I am yet to come across anyone who has said that they got quicker responses / actions once they had signed on the dotted line.
We changed the entire kitchen, increased the size of our garage, changed out patio nto a games room, and changed some other items - including sinks, benchtops and re-arranging of walls etc, and that was less than 30k. We have been in our house for a few months now, and we are happy with our layout that we designed. We have yet to complete the maintenance period yet, but will review that when it comes up. We have a few issues that will need to be resolved, so will be interesting to see how that goes!
On the whole, go wth your gut feeling. When yu do sign with a builder, whoever it may be, make sure you have everything in writing. Confirming anything verbally counts for nil.
Good luck!

DNRasked

I would like to share my review of Impressions, but I can't seem to find the Development Approval number anywhere. Can someone please help?

Macaz
Macaz

I just utilized my job number that was common on most of my paperwork received from impressions.

Hope that helps.

Ramsees
Ramsees

You can contact the office or the Contract administrator that helped you with your job and they will provide it for you. if you don't know your contract Administrator (CA) then speak to the senior CA and she can provide it to you straight away

Lieese

Lieeseasked

Planning to build with Impressions. Has anyone built with them rececently and what is your verdict?

Disappointed
Disappointed

Yes I am building with them but I wish I had chosen differently. Poor communication once you sign up and all the respect for you is gone.

DNR

I have just built with them. Overall, I am satisfied with my home but they are not what I expected. It was lovely in the beginning, but it all became a mess in the end - Long, drawn out handover and maintenance period, poor communication during which, had to book tradesmen myself, solar hot water system not connected and damaged, air con unit damaged, ceiling sag, stacker door poorly fitted, etc. If you choose to go ahead, let this be a warning.

NIP
NIP

Not good reading all this still trying to get a prestart agreed. No experience in the prestart sausage process. sign here and that is all you can choose from, it will delay the process if you really want out of standard range. I am not building a home to rent out I want to live in it with the stuff I want. I am so close to call it a day with them. You know the feeling you get when you know should have not gone ahead with something. That sinking feeling. Hope you went with someone else. Mate very happy with Homebuilders WA.

Get an answer from our members and Impressions the Home Builder representatives