InexBoards

InexBoards

Brand Manager for InexBoards? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
    JADSydney, NSW

OK But how to coat it? and zero support !

rbrad1958asked

I built an 80 sq m deck with inex decking about 18 months ago. It looks great, but unfortunately l've had 2 incidents recently where the decking just snapped. Not a good look on the shins... The build complied with the specs in every way. Is this a common occurance?

JAD

I have not experienced that problem, although the builder did (very wisely) suggest doubling up the joists as the old deck was 'springy'.

It certainly feels a lot better to walk on and considering the additional weight of Inex (40% I recall) it sounds prudent.
    Maybe that should be a recommendation of the Inex suppliers.

rbrad1958

Thanks JAD, but as l built the deck according to Ubiq specs, I wouldn't expect to have to improve on those specs. That's like saying everyone who builds a house should install double the amount of framing. I can see what you mean, but specs are specs, I'm not a structural engineer to improve them. The fact that the broken planks has happened twice now, just scares me...

lara
    lara

rbrad1958 JAD
    Please advise me where did you purchase UBIQ materials I was not able to contact their office in Gladsville and their showroom in Auburn is closed as well
    Lara