Infacol Wind Drops

Infacol Wind Drops Questions & Answers

18 questions from our users

Midge1964

Midge1964asked

Can infacol be given to a one week old baby who is struggling with her wind.Her mum is breastfeeding but she is struggling to get babies wind up?

Mark
Mark

Yes, visit coliccare.com.au

Amna D

Amna Dasked

Can infacol be given after every hour or two before feed to a 3 week old ?

Dwayne

Dwayneasked

So we have a a 3 month and 1 week old daughter how do we use the Infacol wind drop correctly and can we use it if she has bronchitis?

Kayne

Kayneasked

How do I make it not waterry???

Kyrie

Really???? Shake the bottle !

Milly

Millyasked

Can you use infacol at 3 weeks old?

Yes you can :)

Katieb

Katiebasked

Since putting my 3-week-old on infacol he seems to be throwing up a lot more than usual. (He is formula fed).
Has anyone else experienced this also?

I. H
I. H

Yes! Same to my bub. My doctor said it could cause reflux so I use Gripe Water now and it works great my bub is happier too.

Taniel

Tanielasked

My 13 week old daughter has had really bad wind right from the word go. I have been using infants friend since she was a week old but now doesn't seem to help as much. I'm wondering if it's worth changing to infocol now and see if it works better or does any one have other suggestions?

Hi Taniel,
Yes absolutely try Infacol Wind Drops, give them to bub before you feed her, this allow the wind drops to be under the milk where it breaks down the big bubbles of wind to manageable size bubbles of wind.
I can't recommend it highly enough.

Lisa Chodat

Lisa Chodatasked

Can I give wind drops to a prem baby?

Lyn

Hi Lisa, I would definitely check with your Doctor before giving a prem baby anything, their little systems are not fully developed yet, don't take any chances and make sure you find a GOOD Doctor that sees babies as a regular clientele.
If you aren't happy with what one doctor says please seek the advice of another one, you have enough on your plate worrying about your baby, so ease that one hurdle by seeking good sound advice from a doctor you trust.
GOD Bless your little bundle of joy.

MilicaU

MilicaUasked

Can it be used on 10 days pls baby?

Lyn

Infacol can be used at any age if your baby is healthy, you only need to use 0.5 ml before you feed. Infacol works best when given before feeding so that way it is under the milk and breaks up the big wind bubbles that form in your babies tummy and makes them much smaller bubbles that your baby can pass.
However, if you are concerned about anything always check with your Doctor or Pharmacist, you have to go to the chemist to buy it anyway so always ask the question.
Blessings to you and your precious bundle of joy.

Rissa
Rissa

No it's for baby's that are a month old speak to your doctor about it if you feel like you really need to try this

calwoywoyasked

My 10 week old grandson cries after every feed (breast supplemented by formula) and does not sleep lying down. He's been diagnosed with reflux and is on Losec which seems to be working to a certain extent, because he was much worse when it was discontinued. Does anyone know if it would it be possible for him to have infacol while taking Losec?

Lyn

Always check with your Doctor, Health Nurse or Pharmacist, don't trust your babies health by asking people on the internet because every baby is different.
What one reacts to well; may give another baby bad side affects.

Good Luck with Bub

calwoywoy

hi Lyn, thanks for that. Since writing, the GP has said to increase the Losec to twice a day which seems to have made a great difference. The problem my daughter has had is that every health professional has a different opinion. On one day she got conflicting advice from the midwife at the baby health clinic (allergic to formula), the paediatrician (stop both breastfeeding and Losec) and the GP. She ended up going by both her instincts and the GP's advice.

Hi Calwoywoy,
In all honesty, if that was my baby and he is otherwise healthy other than his reflux, then l would definitely try Infacol, my son was a projectile vomiter, first baby, and l never knew a baby could projectile his milk 5 foot away, it was scary as a first time Mum and l whole heartedly believe Infacol can help your little man. Also try popping the head end of his cradle or cot up a bit on a stable flat board and that should help him pass his wind as well.

NewMum90

NewMum90asked

My bub burps almost always after feeds but has trouble at the other end, it comes out eventually but with a struggle and not all at once, will this product help??

Lyn

Infacol helps with wind problems, if bub is constipated try some plain boiled water or
1/4 of a cup of prune juice with
3/4 cup of boiled cooled water.

Reginah

Reginahasked

Hi my Baby have a problem with constipation instead of pushing its like he do have cramps in stomach. do you think it would help this product?

Sveta
Sveta

Hi, I don't think that infacol could help with that. If anything it might actually cause constipation itself (so other moms on various forums claim). I think if you're concerned don't wait just visit your doctor, and meanwhile if it bothers your baby a lot and he/ she seems to be in real pain may be it's worth giving him/ her baby panadol to ease the pain a bit. Hope it helps!

Lyn

If your baby is constipated try boiled cool water or
1/4 of a cup of prune juice with
3/4 cup of boiled cooled water.

sue.stewart.773124

sue.stewart.773124asked

Is it safe to give infacol to a 4 week old baby?

Lyn

I used Infacol on my last two babies from the time they were only a couple of weeks old, but before you give your baby ANYTHING like these products; you MUST ask your doctor first as some babies may be on other medications that could conflict other medication.
Most Mum's have their babies back and forth at the Doctors in the early stages anyway; so ask the question, information also helps eliviate anxiety in new Mum's too, so don't think twice about asking, it's always better to be safe especially when seeking advice on the internet.

Anita

Anitaasked

Dose Infacall cause any allergies for one month old infant ??

Lyn

Read up on the leaflet inside the box for possible side affects.
Unfortunately, you won't know if anything cause allergies until you have tried it. However, before you try anything; remember this, if Mum or Dad are prone to allergies then this us something to watch out for that may cause allergies in Bub and you should seek a Doctors advice.

Stephanie Cheshire

Stephanie Cheshireasked

Could this product have caused exposive wind (bottom end), in my little one?.The air bubbles were so big and I didn't know whether to use it again?????

Lyn

Infacol breaks down big wind bubbles into lots of small wind bubbles so your baby can pass them, just like your baby burps the wind up, they also pass the wind out their bottom, this is what is supposed to happen, it is just a noise and won't hurt your baby.
Most babies don't experience hard stools until they start on a more solid food diet, like when you put Rice Cereal with their milk, therefore, because they are basically on a liquid diet, their stools are going to be runny like liquid and a yellowish sometime greenish yellow colour, this is normal.

Alexeea

Alexeeaasked

Can I give Infacol to my baby after a feed instead of before a feed? And do I have to give it to her at each feed?

Rhiannon30
Rhiannon30

I think you can give infacol before, during or after a feed (same as infants friend), but the recommendation on the bottle is to give it before. Really whatever works for you and your bub. You have to burp well after each feed and sometimes during the feed. Also try bicycle movements with their legs to release pressure at the other end. Good luck!

Lyn

You can give Infacol at any time, bug to get the maximum benefit of Infacol you are best using it before feeding, that way the Infacol is already under the milk and helps down the wind bubbles as bub is drinking, feed for 5 to 10 minutes on one side and burp, then feed on the other side breast and burp again

Sharynkelly

Sharynkellyasked

My 9week old baby has bad wind,I started him on the 0.2 measure,it worked great,but he then got very runny stools and a sore bum,I stopped using it,but should I try cutting back on the dosage?

mzsandra
mzsandra

I think cutting back would be good, I am starting to ween my 6 month old off it now, so now I will spread the 0.2mm over 3 bottles ( a couple of small drops in each)

Lyn

I don't think it is the Infacol that caused bub to have a sore bottom, it sounds like the Infacol is doing the job it is supposed to do.

So let's look at the Nappy Rash Problem:
As you already know, stools especially when liquid like spread everywhere, from just a small amount to between all crevices and even up babies back. These stools can be very acidic because at such a young age babies don't consume enough water to break down the acid content in the stool.
The acid is what burns baby's bottom, if bub ends up with a nappy rash of even to the extreme where bub has blisters then this is a fair indication that their stools are acidic.
This treatment will blow your mind as it did mine.
CORNFLOUR MIRACLE TREATMENT:
1. Very gently, wash bubs bottom with Luke warm clear water, DO NOT use baby wipes or anything else, just plain water. Run the water over baby's bottom until clean.
2. Dry bottom completely by dabbing with a soft dry cloth, do not drag the cloth across the blisters as this can cause them to burst; which will make bub scream because it stings something terrible and even moreso when they wee.
3. Get Cornflour NOT Corn Starch (any brand) Cornflour and cover babies bottom liberally with it, put nappy on.
Repeat process each time you change bottom.
4. Change nappy more regularly to ensure urine does not sit against bubs skin for too long and if nappy rash is really bad, just leave the nappy off so the urine runs away from bubs bottom, lay bub on a towel to catch the urine, this will allow the air to get to the blisters and helps dry them up faster.
Cornflour acts not only as a barrier against the acid in the urine but also as an absorbtion layer as the Cornflour absorbs the urine before it reaches the skin.
Skin and Blisters improve by at least 50% within 24 hours.

Cornflour is the cheapest Nappy Rash treatment at about $1.50 a bag and is available at any supermarket in the cooking section.
Buy a baby powder bottle and fill it up with Cornflour to take with you anywhere.

I guarantee you will be as happy as l was with this Old Wives Tale that really works.

Kamilia A

Kamilia Aasked

is it ok to use it regurally, if not how often can be used

Vivs777
Vivs777

Yes it is safe to use regularly, I was told that u need to give it to baby at each feed for it to work and it can take up to 5 days to kick in and start working. It is a medicated off the shelf product, so if u want to try something more natural that does work (I found it did nothing for my bubs and made him constipated) u should try infants friend or Brauer Colic Relief, it's fantastic!

Kochou.Hime
Kochou.Hime

I dont know who told you that it can take up to 5 days cause thats a load of [censored word removed] it works straight away..

Get an answer from our members and representatives