ING Savings Maximiser

ING Savings Maximiser (page 3 of 4)

Stewie

StewieMelbourne

Online banking done right

Ferre

Ferre

Urgent savings

The most horrible unhelpful site i have ever come into contact with and i hope i will never have the need to use it again. I have got to wait until thursday this week to access my own money that was deposited today. I wanted to transfer it into another account. This is not how a bank account should operate especially as it is your own money and you have an urgent need for it.

Fuss & Fee-free banking!

Have been a customer of ING for quiet a few years now and can honestly say I have had no problems whatsoever. The staff are friendly, informed and helpful. The interest rate isn't the best but the ease of use and level of customer service more than makes up for that.
Easy to use, No fees, No hidden fees, Great customer service.

Pennyiscute

PennyiscutePerth, WA

Good

I love it for saving my extra cash! No costs or fees and i can't touch it unless i use the net and i have to wait 3 days. So great for me for not spending it :)
Also easy to set up & use. Thumbs up!
Easy to apply, great security, easy to use website, great interest for new customers, no costs or fees, friendly Asutralian customer service, set up accoutn within 10mins!
Takes 3 working days to get money out and the only way to get the money is through your connected bank account.

hambag

hambag

JC87

JC87AU

Perfect!

What can I say? - I love ING!!

I have had a Savings Maximiser account with them for about 8 years. I have never paid a cent in fees or anything else for that matter, I deposit funds regularly and they pay me interest every month.l

Our relationship is flawless. I've never had any issues with them or reason to call them. My account is purely online, and I dont have a debit card, so to move money requires internet transfer - perfect to prevent me from impulse spending!

Every parent should set one of these accounts up for their children.
Everything! Simple, Reliable, no fees - infact they pay me!
Absolutely no faults

shopgirl

shopgirl

Bad

nick421

nick421AU

Exactly how banking should be

Absolutely love it. Never paid a cent to ING for anything. i have 2 everyday orange accounts with 2 savings maximiser accounts because they are so good
Free! visa debit card. good interest rate
A nuicance to cash cheques. Need to transfer money between savings maximiser and everyday account.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

An excellent money management tool, especially when used with an ING Orange everyday account as the linked account. We use the savings maximisers as the piggy banks for various purposes, transferring instantly to the Orange account when we need the money. But since you also get paid a reasonably-competitive rate of interest, you get rewarded for good management of your finances. If you simply want a place to put your savings, there are better options around.
Pretty competitive interest rates, and you can have up to nine of these directly linked to their everyday account (or an outside account if you so choose).
They were the first in the market with these accounts, but the interest rates have been superceded by other banks now.

justifiable0

justifiable0

Good

The service ING provides is high quality. It is easy to set the account up and link it with your main account.
Ease of website use, no transaction fees is a big plus
The interest rate isn't quite as competitive after the introductory period elapses

illicit_angel

illicit_angel

Platycat

Platycat

ING is in my opinion a great site and easy to use with English speaking staff which are easy to understand
ING have the very best site I have every used for a bank so easy to follow and you can see your savings grow every day, as it shows the interest made EVERY day.

They are also easy to deal with and easy to contact.
Seems once you have used the introductory high interest you are not able to apply another one--and so you have to just have the normal interest rate--so move the money around to the highest payer

pinkprincess01

pinkprincess01AU

ING Direct Savings Maximiser account is an excellent way to save money. Its really quick and easy to set up and link to your regular bank account. I used this account when saving for a house deposit and loved to see my interest go up. The account has no fees so you dont loose money and I like the fact you cant just withdraw money instantly, it takes a few days so you have time to think about it and cant just use for impluse buys.
Easy to set up, easy to transfer money between banks, i love the fact that you cant just withdraw money, no fees, good interest rates, great way to save extra money
I did not find any cons when using ING savings account

rebekah92

rebekah92AU

I opened one of these accounts around April this year and the introductory rate of interest was a great motivater to start saving. Because I don't do my everyday banking with INGDirect, I find it easy to transfer money across to my savings maximiser account and forget about it. :) Just this week, I opened up a second Savings Maximiser account to save for my Uni textbooks for the rest of my degree (why I didn't think of this when I started Uni, I do not know!). I love my savings accounts :) Highly recommend!
The relatively high interest rate (4.9% after your introductory 6.9%ish), the fact that your earn interest on your interest each day and how you can more than one with different "nicknames".
Nothing I can find. I'm happy. :)

tizzy66

tizzy66

Good

I have had this account for a number of years and love it! The benifit of not having instant access is that you have to think before you spend. Interest rate is comparitively high, paid monthly, so you can watch your money grow. I've just incouraged my daughter to open an account, to teach her the benifits of saving. It's great as she thinks a little more about whether she really needs that new CD.
A really good way to save money as it is an online account without instant access
If you do need your money in a hurry, you will have to wait 24hrs.

holdenchick

holdenchickqld, 4211

Overall, a winner in our household. We can keep track of all our savings online, transfer between accounts and with no account keeping fees 'EVER' what more of an incentive do you need. They also offer promotions where sometimes they give you money for free for starting up the account. You can also save for a range of differnt subjects as you can have up to 10 i think differnt sub accounts to put moey into
Ing savings maximiser is a great way to save money whilst earning a higher interest rate unlike other banks
The only problem which is a good problem is that it takes at least 24 hours to access your savings money.

nataliepr

natalieprNSW, 2111

heytherek

heytherek

These are fantastic accounts that will not cost you a penny as they have no fees. While ING Direct offer a very good interest rate, there are others offering higher rates these days. The website is easy to use and you can have multiple savings account.
ING Direct offer a very competitive interest rate on their savings maximiser account and I have been using these for many years simply because of this. The accounts are simple to set up and easy to manage online.
You can't go into an actual branch but if you have the internet you do not really need to anyway.

Pinky101

Pinky101

Good

Overall they are a good bank. They are easy to use. Everything is in easy to understand and read terms on their site. They offer value for money with competitive interest rates and being seperate to your normal bank means it will take you longer to access your savings which will make you think twice.
They are always competitive with their interest rate.
You need it linked to another account with another bank to be able to get your money and it can take up to 2 days, whereas if you have your every day account and savings account with the same bank it can be done on the same day.

mrsberdy