ING Savings Maximiser

ING Savings Maximiser (page 4 of 4)

PreciousCargo

PreciousCargoGoldfields, WA

Good

ING Direct Savings Maximiser is a great interest account to have.
Because it's in a different account to the rest of your money it takes a day or two to transfer money back into your account, this can be a pro and con.
Out of sight, out of mind. I love my Maximiser.
Out of sight, out of mind money saver.
High interest accounts.
Money takes a day to transfer [depending on what day]

tiseffies

tiseffies

Good

Overall account is great to use if you don't intent to spend the money any time soon. good for setting up and doing periodical transfers to save for a purpose.
The website is nicely layed out, user-friendly and easy to use. It shows me the interest break-down. The only one i've seen that well shown for any bank i've ever used online before. It is reliable, has never crushed on me or move wrong numbers. The data is not accessible for a day or so from the time of transfer back or forth to a bank account which is good in case you change your mind.
The transfer taking a full day or two (sometimes) means you may forget about it, and be issued a dishonour fee from your bank you are trying to transfer money from into ing account.

I'd just like to say to shopgirl, that if you open a NEW account under your same client number you WILL get the same rate as new clients. And you can have up to 9 accounts. So you'd be better off opening a new savings maximiser than putting your money with another bank who doesn't have great interest rates!!
Great customer care and great rates! I like that you don't have "instant" transfer times to move your money -means i won't move money when i want it there and then!

Hutcher

Hutcher

katpaul

katpaul

Good

Overall this is a good account. The fact that it is online access only really makes you think about the money before you spend it and you need to wait for it to be transferred to your account. No fees on this account and a reasonable level of interest. Customer service was excellent when I needed to contact them.
I like that this account has no fees and pays a reasonable interest rate. You can arrange a savings plan by setting up a regular withdrawal from another account.
I wish the interest rate was higher - but I guess that is a sign of the times we live in!

simbacat

simbacat

I have used the ING savings account for many years now, and have always found the service to be exceptional whenever I have needed to contact them (which is very rarely). The website is extremely user friendly, and I have never had a problem with any transactions. ING does not charge any service fees, which is a big plus. They also run specials from time to time where you can earn bonus interest (based on no withdrawals etc)
The best thing about the ING savings account is the fact that there are no fees on the account at all.
A higher rate of interest would always be good! But overall, the interest rate compares well to most of the major banks.

woobie

woobie

I started with ING years ago, at about 18, so that I could save for an overseas trip. It was a wonderful alternative to term deposits, and it has often offered a higher interest rate than many of the banks offer for a long term deposit!! I have always found the staff very helpful and have never had a problem with them. It has helped me budget and save for a long time and I've always found that they have a highly competitive rate.
I love ING Direct Savings Maximiser - it has helped me save thousands for about the last ten years.
Nothing at all.

lil_lazza

lil_lazza

Overall i chose iNG direct for their savings maximiser account with no fees and great interest rate. I have 4 of those accounts now and since they just started an everyday account im definitly getting one
ING direct charges no bank fees on the savings maximiser account. I transfer money all the time and it always takes less than a day to move into my other account. ING direct always seem to have extra promotional interest rates which incourages me to save more money. They also have just started an everyday account with a visa debit, it has little fees and also earns a bit of interest. Very impressed and they also give you rewards when you use your eftpos card
nothing cant fault ing direct at all.

memphis72

memphis72

Good

I would and do use the account for emergency savings and I know that it is there when I need it after I have made the decision if I will make a large purchase or not
I feel that the ING account is great for saving those dollars that you cant see or got to the bank at any time and go I will just withdraw x amount of $$ and then realise that wasnt in your budget.
The fact that you cant go and get the money out in a hurry if you need it for example if the fridge blows up etc

fmigan

fmigan

Good

Overall, I think that this is a really good and easy savings account to use and I like that you earn high interest and I like the low fees
I like that they pay out high interest on their savings accounts and I like that I cannot access my savings through an ATM or by going in to a branch. The only way to access the money is online.
There is not much to dislike really in my opinion. I suppose it could be seen as a negative that you have to wait 2 days for your money to clear in to and out of the account, but that's a bonus for me!

cityofbluemtns

cityofbluemtnsNSW, 2786

Good

I have had a savings maximiser now for 6 years and I love it! I know that you do not have instant access to the funds but I believe that this is a good thing. You cannot transfer funds from the account straight to your transaction account, you have to wait overnight if not longer. This account is great for people that are saving for large goals because the interest rate is higher (typically) than what banks offer. Also, the people that work in the call centre are extremely friendly. Their service is second to none!
The high interest rate

carrie1978

carrie1978Illawarra, NSW

If you want to save and you are a little prone to impulse buying this is the best account! You have to give 24hours notice to transfer your money out so it makes you organised - you cant just impulse buy a $500 item anymore! I opened my first account in 1998 when they first started and have used it several times when I need to save for something.
High interest, no fees, easy to use, forces willpower on you as you cant just take money out immediately you must give 24 hours notice.

MyNameIsTed

MyNameIsTedAustralia

Good

Its a convenient and easy to operate account system which allows you to move funds to an account that will attract a high interest rate. The delay in transfers could be a problem if you operate your funds on a knifes edge. Been using it for sometime now. Very happy with it.
Very Convenient and easy to operate once its connected to a bank account. Competitive rates. You can create separate accounts within the account. Eg one for travel, one for the house.
Funds transfer is not immediate but its quick enough for me. Usually a day.

trims

trims

DamianL

DamianLQueensland, 4032

Good

I think it's great, however it doesn't provide much online support and before I put my first transfer into it I got about 18 letters in the mail that were the exact same thing with a different date saying I need to put money it in or it closes in 30 days from the date the letter was sent. Which was weird because if they send a new one it will never close.
Good interest, online features.
Constant snail male letters pestering to supply funds for the first time or it will be closed.

doublecurl

doublecurlSydney, NSW

I've had an ING account for about 5 years now and just recently started on their term deposits. I've never had any problems with ING and have always trusted my money is in a safe place with them. It's pretty straight forward banking. My only gripe is that they used to have higher interest rates than everyone else but now they are pretty mediocre. Still, i will keep using them because i have been happy with the service they are providing me.
Online banking is very easy to use and navigate around.
Interest rates are competitive but unlike a few years ago are no longer the highest paying institution