ING Savings Maximiser

ING Savings Maximiser

Ria

RiaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Thumbs down to the changes that take effect in March. Now changing banks.

I have banked with ING for about 20 years, but with the changes to the interest earning conditions that take effect on March 1, I am looking at other banks and will be pulling all my savings out. I used to love the ING savings maximiser account, but not any more! Very disappointed!

Corey M

Corey MPerth, WA

Was good until they added another requirement for bonus interest.

Was good until they added another requirement for bonus interest. "from 1 March 2021 we'll be introducing one new additional requirement that you'll need to be aware of, and it's that your savings need to grow each month."

HB

HBMelbourne

The Almost No Interest Savings Account

The interest rate has gone down 3 times over a short period of time to such a rediculously low rate that you couldn't call it a savings account anymore. Very disappointed with ING. I will be looking for alternatives.

Savings Accounts

Find out how ING Savings Maximiser compares to other Savings Accounts

Helen

HelenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot open a Youth Savers Account without a tax assessment or other bank account

So you cannot open a youth savers account without a statement from another bank account or a tax assessment notice. So how do young people start out? obviously not with ING. Why would you open an ING account if you already have one, and to start working you need account for salary so you don't have an tax assessment until you start working. I cannot imagine there are many youth accounts with ING. Not something they support.

blueoctober25

blueoctober25Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Left ING 2 days ago, savings int rate gone down

ING has gone downhill. They kept slashing their savings interest rates and on top of that, you have to use your debit card at least 5x a month to get the full interest rate. Moved to Ubank for better interest rates without the ridiculous conditions ING has. Will never look back.

Opening children saving maximizer

Don’t even go there. I have told them we are not going to do business with them. Here is the event:
What a hassle opening minor children accounts. They need to provide iD including residential iD. Who is going to give an iD fir child with residential address on it. They don’t have it so ING refused to let them open their individual accounts. I am not going to give my business to jerks who are asking the minors to open an account by them self and provide iD. I am going to report to Banking Ombudsman.

Lack of regard for customers

You'd think that a fundamental function that a bank would perform properly would be to get their customers' names correct, right?

Wrong! My name is one of those names that start with a small "de" and a space, then a capital. And ING point blank refuses to print it that way on my statement! They *always* capitalize the first letter of a surname, because, apparently, they *always* capitalize the first letter of a surname. That's their reason!

Getting somebody's name correct is a fundamental part of respecting them as a person. ING lacks that respect.

wizzkid

wizzkidBrisbane

Time to move on

Extremely inefficient service from ING

Savings Accounts

Find out how ING Savings Maximiser compares to other Savings Accounts

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst savings account ever

They closed my Savings Maximiser without any warning at all so I complained to them but they totally ignored me and they were extremely rude to me and to my Mum as well.

Mary

Mary

Changing the policy

Was a great account , What a shame it's all about to change in March 2018. Feeling very angry having to make purchases every month to get higher interest on Savings Maximiser . I will now transfer to Rabo Direct or Ubank .This should not apply to existing customers

Did you receive the bonus rate?

Opened account in Jan 2017, never received any bonus rate. Called in May 2017, same glitch: we are having a system error.... we will manually fix this for you.
Called four times already, nothing has been done yet!

dan

danMelbourne

MAKE SURE THEY PAY THE INTEREST PROMISED

Opened a new account at the start of the year. Twice I've had to contact ING after they hadn't applied the bonus interest. Their response was "It appears you have been affected by a glitch in our system". Pretty handy "GLITCH" for them huh!

Would recommend for anyone with this account to keep a close eye on the interest you receive.

Ferre

Ferre

Urgent savings

The most horrible unhelpful site i have ever come into contact with and i hope i will never have the need to use it again. I have got to wait until thursday this week to access my own money that was deposited today. I wanted to transfer it into another account. This is not how a bank account should operate especially as it is your own money and you have an urgent need for it.