ING Savings Maximiser

ING Savings Maximiser

Tam

TamNewstead

Was good. Now not so much

I really liked my Savings Maximiser. It was easy to use and ING are good to bank with. However the rate has dropped over the last year and for the last 2 months Ove been missing my bonus, despite meeting their requirements.

Ive moved to a different provider where the rate is guaranteed

Slasherbee

Slasherbee

Used to love but disappointed with savings maximiser

The rate on the Savings Maximiser has been reduced 5 times in the past 12 months. I am really disappointed and not sure what is going on with ING but they are definitely not what they were a few years ago.

Interest Rate Dropped 1% in 9 Months

Used to be great account perks and no fees, yet they drop the interest rate rapidly and drastically. Looking for better options. Used to be good support, now I've been waiting 25 minutes on the phone. Blocked my account for no reason and I not cannot access my funds.

Savings Accounts

Find out how ING Savings Maximiser compares to other Savings Accounts

Lily C

Lily CSydney, NSW

Liability o interest rate due to false notification

Yep, they were good - but with this 5 transaction rule - and no notification that I wasnt meeting it - I have not been getting the interest since Feb - then ING send a customer email saying saying that high interest rate has dropped which implies that I was still getting it - only cause I called I was told I am not - I believe that I am liable.... better banks out there.....

Mariner46

Mariner46South East Queensland, QLD

ING going the same way as big 4

Have been with ING for over 10 years & was very happy with Maximiser & Orange accounts.
They also have very good Australian call centre.
After changing the rules earlier this year I am no longer investing my savings with them as I can't do the 5 debit card uses per month. I have found I can get a better interest at another Australian financial company.
So ING will loose my savings as they mature & Maximiser account already moved.
I really think the managers at ING need to look at their knowledge of how some of their customers use the accounts..

Taking my account elsewhere

Up until now I've been more than happy with ING. Today, just by chance I noticed that I am no longer getting my high interest rate because they changed their policies back in March 2018 to make you use your card for 5 purchases a month. Apparently all I need do is purchase 5 cups of coffee!! All I want is a savings account not another visa debit credit account and the last thing I need is to remember to use it 5 times or lose my interest. Bad move ING I think you will lose a lot of customers, me being one. Ubank have a very good interest rate with no withdrawal penalty and only $200 deposit a month up to $200,000 as opposed to ING capped at $100,000.

shopgirl