naveenk

naveenkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy, quick, convenient

this was quickest ever i has opened an bank account and hassle-free. I never had to contact the bank for fixing issues hence cannot comment on efficiency of support desk.
But the App works way like a dream. many options such as opt to check balance on login screen before login. Option to open multiple sub-accounts to manage your savings and expenses. Great choice.
4 starts for now, i will update to 5 if i continue to see same consistent service after 3 months.

B. A.

B. A.Central West, NSW

Great interest, no fees

The interest on the Savings Maximiser is one of the best around, considering you can withdraw money and not lose your bonus interest. Just make sure you meet the conditions, which are pretty easy to do.

Raj R

Raj RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Savings interest rate is HUGE!

I have opened my account with ING last months, just because they have the highest ongoing interest rates in Australia.

*Their interest rate is 2.80% which is quite high compared to our BIG 4 banks.
*They are offering a referral bonus $100 when we open the account via an existing customer's referral link.
*If you deposit 1000$ a month into your orange everyday account you'll be using all the Australian ATM's for free plus their is no account keeping fee..
*From March 2018 there one more condition to get service free months is need min 5 purchases sing POS
*Atlast, their customer service is excellent!

Davo

DavoAU

ING Savings Maximiser

The change of policy beginning in March 2018 is sure to cause a lot of angst with existing customers resulting in many to jump ship. To be honest I cant really see the point of it all, its irritating if nothing else to remember to do your five purchases, then if you miss one I guess you are locked out of the bonus interest data base. It all sounds like a disaster to me and wont end well.

Mitch

Mitch

Great product for people who want to compartmentalise their money

I have used ING's Direct Saving Maximiser for a few years now. Great product for putting your money away (and not being able to easily dip into your savings). I have four of these accounts and use them to save for things like holidays, car maintenance, kids education and one for a Xmas club. Simple, easy to use and pretty good customer support too!

Josh

Josh

Great Service

Pros: Excellent mobile app, customer service is exceptional, no ATM fees, Visa PayWave, good savings account (Savings Maximiser), Android and Apple pay.

Cons: They ditched the PayWave rebate (a huge selling point of their Everyday Transaction Account), and they don't offer frequent flyer reward Debit or Credit Cards.

Stewie

StewieMelbourne

Online banking done right

Pennyiscute

PennyiscutePerth, WA

Good

I love it for saving my extra cash! No costs or fees and i can't touch it unless i use the net and i have to wait 3 days. So great for me for not spending it :)
Also easy to set up & use. Thumbs up!
Easy to apply, great security, easy to use website, great interest for new customers, no costs or fees, friendly Asutralian customer service, set up accoutn within 10mins!
Takes 3 working days to get money out and the only way to get the money is through your connected bank account.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

An excellent money management tool, especially when used with an ING Orange everyday account as the linked account. We use the savings maximisers as the piggy banks for various purposes, transferring instantly to the Orange account when we need the money. But since you also get paid a reasonably-competitive rate of interest, you get rewarded for good management of your finances. If you simply want a place to put your savings, there are better options around.
Pretty competitive interest rates, and you can have up to nine of these directly linked to their everyday account (or an outside account if you so choose).
They were the first in the market with these accounts, but the interest rates have been superceded by other banks now.

justifiable0

justifiable0

Good

The service ING provides is high quality. It is easy to set the account up and link it with your main account.
Ease of website use, no transaction fees is a big plus
The interest rate isn't quite as competitive after the introductory period elapses

tizzy66

tizzy66

Good

I have had this account for a number of years and love it! The benifit of not having instant access is that you have to think before you spend. Interest rate is comparitively high, paid monthly, so you can watch your money grow. I've just incouraged my daughter to open an account, to teach her the benifits of saving. It's great as she thinks a little more about whether she really needs that new CD.
A really good way to save money as it is an online account without instant access
If you do need your money in a hurry, you will have to wait 24hrs.

nataliepr

natalieprNSW, 2111

Pinky101

Pinky101

Good

Overall they are a good bank. They are easy to use. Everything is in easy to understand and read terms on their site. They offer value for money with competitive interest rates and being seperate to your normal bank means it will take you longer to access your savings which will make you think twice.
They are always competitive with their interest rate.
You need it linked to another account with another bank to be able to get your money and it can take up to 2 days, whereas if you have your every day account and savings account with the same bank it can be done on the same day.

PreciousCargo

PreciousCargoGoldfields, WA

Good

ING Direct Savings Maximiser is a great interest account to have.
Because it's in a different account to the rest of your money it takes a day or two to transfer money back into your account, this can be a pro and con.
Out of sight, out of mind. I love my Maximiser.
Out of sight, out of mind money saver.
High interest accounts.
Money takes a day to transfer [depending on what day]

tiseffies

tiseffies

Good

Overall account is great to use if you don't intent to spend the money any time soon. good for setting up and doing periodical transfers to save for a purpose.
The website is nicely layed out, user-friendly and easy to use. It shows me the interest break-down. The only one i've seen that well shown for any bank i've ever used online before. It is reliable, has never crushed on me or move wrong numbers. The data is not accessible for a day or so from the time of transfer back or forth to a bank account which is good in case you change your mind.
The transfer taking a full day or two (sometimes) means you may forget about it, and be issued a dishonour fee from your bank you are trying to transfer money from into ing account.

Hutcher

Hutcher

katpaul

katpaul

Good

Overall this is a good account. The fact that it is online access only really makes you think about the money before you spend it and you need to wait for it to be transferred to your account. No fees on this account and a reasonable level of interest. Customer service was excellent when I needed to contact them.
I like that this account has no fees and pays a reasonable interest rate. You can arrange a savings plan by setting up a regular withdrawal from another account.
I wish the interest rate was higher - but I guess that is a sign of the times we live in!

memphis72

memphis72

Good

I would and do use the account for emergency savings and I know that it is there when I need it after I have made the decision if I will make a large purchase or not
I feel that the ING account is great for saving those dollars that you cant see or got to the bank at any time and go I will just withdraw x amount of $$ and then realise that wasnt in your budget.
The fact that you cant go and get the money out in a hurry if you need it for example if the fridge blows up etc

fmigan

fmigan

Good

Overall, I think that this is a really good and easy savings account to use and I like that you earn high interest and I like the low fees
I like that they pay out high interest on their savings accounts and I like that I cannot access my savings through an ATM or by going in to a branch. The only way to access the money is online.
There is not much to dislike really in my opinion. I suppose it could be seen as a negative that you have to wait 2 days for your money to clear in to and out of the account, but that's a bonus for me!

cityofbluemtns

cityofbluemtnsNSW, 2786

Good

I have had a savings maximiser now for 6 years and I love it! I know that you do not have instant access to the funds but I believe that this is a good thing. You cannot transfer funds from the account straight to your transaction account, you have to wait overnight if not longer. This account is great for people that are saving for large goals because the interest rate is higher (typically) than what banks offer. Also, the people that work in the call centre are extremely friendly. Their service is second to none!
The high interest rate