ING

ING (page 2 of 25)

Useless for young people

It can be very difficult to open an account with ING as a young person. Their requirements for secondary identification (proof of name + residential address) are extremely limiting - only accepting bank statements, tax assessment notices and bills. As someone living at home, I do not have any bills in my name, and my bank statements and tax assessment notices all go to a PO BOX (for privacy reasons). When speaking to ING's customer support (which albeit, is decent), they simply said "change your address with your current bank than and wait until you get a new statement". This could take months to come into effect (depending on how long it is until your next statement) and doesn't address the real problem: that is that ING should accept more types of proof of address. As polite as the customer service agents have been, I was essentially told that if you are a young person living at home, who is concerned about privacy and security, "go [Word Removed] yourself".

Review TypeNew Account

Never had any issues

No issues and have been a customer for about a decade. Good service when I call them and can do most of what I want to myself by using the app or online banking.

Review TypeATM Experience and General Transactions

Age Discrimination

Tried to open a Orange One Credit card and was knocked back because I did not have a PAYG payslip. I am retired and have both a pension and a separate Superannuation account which gives me a good income. Yet after entering all the detail they required online I ws knocked back. I contacted their call centre and was told their lending criteria is that you have to have a PAYG slip to be eligible. I explained that I have a Pension from which tax is withheld but that does not count as far as they are concerned.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Kids playing in the grown ups area

I put 170k through this institution last financial year, my debt is less the 18% of that, excellent credit rating and they won't look at me for a personal loan. I asked why and they said "We can't share our application process"

Review TypeLoan Application

Personal Loan - absolutely pathetic

After applying for a small personal loan of $10K, I was patient initially waiting 10 business days for them to review the application. They then requested more documentation (even though I earn more than $200K and demonstrated that), and then I was told it was be another 5 business days to review this. Are they serious? I called up and the customer service rep told me that every time a change is requested, it is 5 business days! I straight up told them to cancel my application as this is a joke. The funny thing is she didn't even care or try to save me as a customer!

Review TypeLoan Application

Very happy with the service

No fuss.
User friendly mobile applications
Competitive rates for home loan
Great customer service which is available for extended hours everyday.
Love doing banking with them.
I recommend highly to anyone

Review TypeLoan Application and New Account

No fuss! Great service.

We love ING. Had no issues setting up, and the no atm fees are great. we added up we could waste over $100 on atm fees a year with other banks. And when we had our cards stolen they were quick to act and reimburse lost funds. App is also very user friendly. thanks ING.

Worst Joke Around!

Do not go near ING! You will get nothing but issues and stuff around for weeks on end. At one also being blocked from using my own money and transferring to a usable bank!
Constantly need to verify ID to access and take 3-5 days per document but really more like 2 weeks!

Much better than the rest

Been with ING for about 5 years. Linked Maximiser & Orange Everyday good for getting Interest in the Maximiser & being able to transfer immediately to Orange Everyday immediately for every purchase from a cup of coffee up.
Next day refund for use of any ATM especially overseas excellent.
Debit card good except for car hire. Not accepted as if car damaged on return car company cannot access funds if amount not in debit card. The only reason not given 5 stars. Support good.

Good

Only complaint is that the online platform seems to often be glitchy or just not working. Mobile app seems to be better. But this is quite annoying that often when i log on i have to re try in 5 minutes. Strange and scary that a bank dosnt have a reliable online platform..

Great rates great app

I love using ing
Good transparency in all products
Use any atm and get that pesky fee refunded instantly!
App is great

Removed my access from my account

After several years of being their customer, they removed my access from my account although I have got money in it. I called them and they told me that they had sent me a msg to check my inbox to provide some verification ID and since I haven’t provided that, they cannot unblock it. I sent my ID to them and never heard back, call them back again and they said that they team wanted MORE EXPLANATION and will contact me! When I asked when I’m going to be contacted they said it might take several business days!!!!
If you want to trust a bank with your money, think twice with this one as they don’t have any branch, their only Customer service is via phone with terrible customer service.
How can they remove my access from my account without formally warning me????
There are several other banks out there which have removed international transaction fees or ATM withdrawals. I wouldn’t bother with this one again!

Best bank

After travelling with other bank cards it was amazing to go overseas and not be charged for a single transaction, and anything that was changed was refunded.
It's also great with those atms that charge $2.50 and not having to worry about using them.
I also recently took out a personal loan and the process was so simple and I thought the interest terms were very reasonable.
I definitely recommend them to anyone

What a joke this bank is

This bank has no branches so it’s online and they don’t presses transactions to other banks over the weekend what a joke come Monday I’m closing my account. They only Process transactions on business days Monday to Friday and I have no branches LOL

CUSTOMER SERVICE DON'T CARE

I very rarely call this bank to deal with issues however when I do you get a stone wall - 'thank's our bank rules'. There is no empathy expressed at all as they hide behind their fine print, which is not obvious to you the consumer.
Savings Maximiser should be rebranded Savings Grief since I have had no end of trouble with this account. It is virtually unusable. Why wouldn't you want to deposit large amounts of cash into this fund? Well the bank don't permit - how crazy is that?
I used to love this bank, but now they are becoming more like the mainstream banks with their don't care attitude. After being with this bank for 5 years I am seriously thinking about moving.

ING Customer since 2003!

I love ING. I first had an account when I was in high school over 15 years ago. I have never changed banks. We recently went overseas and paid absolutely no international conversion rates or ATM fees. We have no bank fees, we can set up so many different accounts and I can honestly say I would never change bank institutions! Love ING.

Removed my access from my accounts !!!!

I have been with this bank for 2 years .
Costumer service is patchy , you will get different info every time you call.

Tried to set up an account t for my daughter , and they believed it was me on the phone impersonating her , and managed to freeze my access to all my money .
The manager , Simone employee number 3553669
Went on a spiral of aggressiveness and she wanted me to admit to that, because I didn’t she hang up the phone on me and did not unlock my accounts ! I am sure this has to be ilegal ! Asked several times to speak to another person and she wouldn’t .
It is pretty scary, when you can only access them by phone and the phone call goes starter to her again !

ING Direct bank account

I have done a review ages ago but am doing another. I joined this bank when it first started in Australia which would have to be nearly twenty years ago now. I have had nothing but a pleasurable experience for all my banking. No ATM fees, no international transaction fees (great if you are a traveller) and no account fees. I also like that I get a bonus if you deposit regularly from your wages. I wish the Australian banks had the same practices! I have rarely had to deal with the Australian office by phone but when I have it has never been a hassle to talk with anyone. Love my ING accounts!

Strong discrimination against people who cannot speak English well

Why cannot I give them a zero star?

They discriminate against people who cannot speak English well.

My father can read English but he is not good at speaking/listening English.
He registered ING bank online and transferred money in.
After lost his SIM card, he called ING and wanted to change the registered mobile number.
Initially I translated for him, but ING staff told me not to translate for him.
So he talked to ING staff himself, but ING staff didn't explain to him what to do and only ask him to call translation service.
ING staff's argument was if people can register online on their website, they must be able to speak English well.

I am not sure if that's part of the term and condition, or just their culture.

Great Service

My partner and I have just gone through the experience of purchasing our first home together. I was previously stuffed around by another competitor and they said we were not able to meet their absurd lending policy.

Anyway after shopping around and talking to people I gave ING a go. From the moment I had browsed to do the application, up until we settled I was very happy with the service I received from Erin our loan specialist. The website is very easy to use and everything is easy to navigate around.

Anytime I had an issue with something I was on the phone and Erin was able to sort it out shortly after. We are very happy with the help and support we received from the ING Team!

Would ING be a good bank to open a savings account with? I do not want to withdraw money, just save it. I'm trying to choose a different bank than my normal one so I cannot have instant access to it, to avoid temptation.
No, I would definitely go to Westpac and open a Westpac eSaver and go down to the branch then ask them to put a block on it so you can only withdraw at the branch so avoid temptation like I do.No ,most of the time during transactions they have no idea where your money isYes ING is good i have been with them 15 yrs Forget westpac

Does anyone have real life issues with ING on Term Deposits?
Have not used them for term depositsYes - we have a number of term deposits split by bank, amount and timing. Although ING have a secret limit of 9 term deposits per customer. Too bad they don't make this known to you until you try to open the 10th. Their excuse is flimsy - "it's because that's the limit" they say. Wow, now I'm convinced by that logical adult response. Rates are ok-ish and systems are good. Customer service is patchy, as per the above example.Thanks SteveB. That's assuring.

What I would like to know is ing as safe as Austrslians big four banks
Short answer is no, it isn’t. When I have a problem with anyone of the big 4 (I’m with 2 of the 4) there is a branch I can go to and I can speak to a “real” live person. My experience so far with the big 4 has been one of trust, they ring back when they say they will. They respond to queries and complaints. This might not seem like a big deal, but trust me when things go wrong you want an actual person.All banks in Australia are covered by the Federal government savings guarantee up to $250,000. If you have more than that you need to split it up between different banks. I'd be more worried about ING (and others) changing their rules for bonus interest rate and the maximum amount you can have in the account to keep the bonus rate. You need to monitor them all the time to see when they change the rules otherwise you could lose out on hundreds of dollars in interest in the month.

Similar listings