ING

ING (page 2 of 28)

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fitnesspm

FitnesspmMount Waverley

EXCELLENT BANK!

I've called ING Direct many times where their customer service is always excellent!! You don't get this kind of customer service from the big 4 banks in Australia. The Internet Banking is easy to use where they offer the best rates. I do a bit of travelling and they don't charge ANY FEES compare to every other bank and offer the best currency conversion rates! Westpac was charging me $30+ for every $500 international ATM withdrawal while ING charges me basically nothing on any international ATM I use.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Sacorae B.

Sacorae B.Perth, WA

Customer service was disrespectful and not helpful

Disappointed with the customer service over the phone, all we asked was to order a replacement card and they had an issue with someone speaking in the background so now we have to wait for a manager to contact us tomorrow just to tell them to order a new card, this should be as easy like other banks to order via the app. Unbelievable, we are very close to cancelling account if this is the difficulty to order new card.

MCS

MCSSydney, NSW

These guys are a joke

I have a great credit history and got declined because I have credit card limits I NEVER use
they wouldn't look at years of statements with no amounts owing on them they just declined and said better luck next time
now I have an inquiry against my credit history all because of the typical protocol standards and not looking at my incredible clean credit history

these guys are useless - watch out

TopicLoan Application
Tisa

TisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer support and handling of applications

Been with this bank for 4 years and they make close my account and start a new one and then when I call the customer care there is no consideration for being a long time customer because its a new account. And i havent yet been able to open the new account

TopicLoan Application

Georgina

GeorginaFar North Queensland, QLD

Slow to open credit card account

I have been with ING for 5 years, they had been awesome up until I went to open a credit card account. I applied 2 weeks ago, I called a few times to follow up, it was alway 3-5 days, after the 14th day I asked them to cancel the application. I’ll go back to one of he big banks. Massive waste of time.

TopicCredit Card Application

Sanja

SanjaPerth, WA

Finally a Bank that is good

The first bank I can honestly say that is good, does not charge fees, is just a good all round bank, no complications. We have transferred everything over to ING and their Visa debit is excellent. It is the bank that makes sense.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Daniel L

Daniel LMelbourne

Best bank I have ever been with

TopicGeneral Transactions

No options to leave a google review, coincidence?

I had been with ING Direct in various capacities for over 15 years. They have slipped into irrelevance for me after declining to refinance a mortgage for a construction loan and declining a credit card application despite what I believe to have very good serviceability. Closed remaining accounts today. Will take business elsewhere. No option to Google review, how is this possible?

TopicCredit Card Application, Loan Application and New Account
Sunny.

Sunny.

A really good bank

John

JohnSydney, NSW

More than 2 weeks and still a new account not opened

We have had accounts with ING for about 18 years. Trying to open an account now for our super fund. Hand delivered hard copy signed documents to their premises and had them checked by their staff. That was more than 2 weeks ago and still the account is not opened! Not happy, Jan ....

TopicNew Account

cloud

cloudGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service is hopeless

Been with this bank for over 10 years. Customer Service need to be re-trained as some of the info they give you are incorrect. They also dont warn you that they going to put a block on your card if they suspect it being compromised which put me in an embarrassing situation after filling up my car at the petrol station.

Solmaz

SolmazSydney, NSW

Awful!!!

every day they want us to provide them with identification documents. They have closed my account without any notice and they claim this is because I have not responded to their emails, while I had not any email from them except advertisements ones! This is an awful terrible bank!

Dr W M

Dr W MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse Bank Ever - Identification Process Hopeless

ING is the worse bank I have ever had to deal with. I have spent hours identify the AU (authorized Users) as we are called. Sent them over 50 e-mails with identification for over 17 people. The process goes on. Do not touch ING. They even asked me to get a form signed by 17 people who live and work all over the world, but there was only space for 4 people. They all had to sign the same form. LOL. Incredible.

George

GeorgeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worse Experience Of My Life Opening An Account With ING

IT's taken over two months to try open an account with ING and it's still not open. The website is absolutely horrific and won't work on lots of browsers. I only wanted the account so I could take money out abroad without being charged. I ended up using up.com.au as they are amazing for travel and guess what? It took me less than 2 minutes to set up the account and got the cards within 3 days.

TopicNew Account

Nil Stars - absolutely hopeless bank

Been at this organisation since 2010
No not reliable at all
Very poor have tried 4 times to get a bank statement mailed out because they don’t send electronically. Go figure, the last time I looked it was 2019 not 1999

TopicBusiness Banking
nogard

nogardAU

Used to be ok

Been with ING for over 10 years
Very good at first with low fees and good customer service

Now dreadful service and much the same as all the other banks

Looking to get out but to where?

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Kate

KateVictoria

DO NOT TOUCH ING!!!!

loyal customer for years and they stole $14,000 of my money.Worst bank ever and refuse to ever ever bank with them again! Overdrew my acct by $14000. THEIR ERROR as the debited my account twice. Now refuse me access to MY MONEY that has over $12,000 in there

Tammy

Tammy

top notch

at the end of the day what makes ING Direct deserving of their 5 stars is their customer support team, 24/7 support with people actually based in Australia that are fast and savvy

can't win

can't winMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

ING bank....If I could give no stars I would!

TopicBusiness Banking

Regular Consumer

Regular ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The only good bank in my opinion

I've been with ING since 2009 or so. The fee free everyday account and savings maximiser can not be beaten in the market. They are the only bank I've known to give such great rewards and bonuses. I've only had one problem in 10 years and it was resolved the next day. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, will be a loyal customer for years to come if all stays as good as it is now.

christopher

christopherasked

what are the conditions to receive extra interest. is it applied to both accounts

hammerhead
hammerhead

contact the bank & ask them

Michelle M

Michelle Masked

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.

george murray

They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

Naomiasked

How is ING for car insurance?? Does anyone have any experience??
I have been doing general banking with them for about 3 years with no issues.

george murray

Their insurance is underwritten by auto & general ltd owners of budget direct & quite a few insurance companies you are better off going direct to the insurance company & getting a quote 1st then compare that with ING paying insurance thru the bank the insurance company pays the bank a commission which would add to your premium Before you commit check the reviews for auto & general

Naomi

The auto and general reviews are terrible...

john smith
john smith

the banks insurance is auto & general i thought it was thru the bank until i looked at the banks insurance web site & down the bottom of the page in small print underwritten by auto & general ltd. they own budget direct

Get an answer from our members and ING DIRECT representatives