ING

ING (page 3 of 28)

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (45)
    • New Account (26)
    • Loan Application (21)
    • Business Banking (10)
    • ATM Experience (8)
    • Credit Card Application (6)

cloud

cloudGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service is hopeless

Been with this bank for over 10 years. Customer Service need to be re-trained as some of the info they give you are incorrect. They also dont warn you that they going to put a block on your card if they suspect it being compromised which put me in an embarrassing situation after filling up my car at the petrol station.

Solmaz

SolmazSydney, NSW

Awful!!!

every day they want us to provide them with identification documents. They have closed my account without any notice and they claim this is because I have not responded to their emails, while I had not any email from them except advertisements ones! This is an awful terrible bank!

Dr W M

Dr W MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse Bank Ever - Identification Process Hopeless

ING is the worse bank I have ever had to deal with. I have spent hours identify the AU (authorized Users) as we are called. Sent them over 50 e-mails with identification for over 17 people. The process goes on. Do not touch ING. They even asked me to get a form signed by 17 people who live and work all over the world, but there was only space for 4 people. They all had to sign the same form. LOL. Incredible.

George

GeorgeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worse Experience Of My Life Opening An Account With ING

IT's taken over two months to try open an account with ING and it's still not open. The website is absolutely horrific and won't work on lots of browsers. I only wanted the account so I could take money out abroad without being charged. I ended up using up.com.au as they are amazing for travel and guess what? It took me less than 2 minutes to set up the account and got the cards within 3 days.

Nil Stars - absolutely hopeless bank

Been at this organisation since 2010
No not reliable at all
Very poor have tried 4 times to get a bank statement mailed out because they don’t send electronically. Go figure, the last time I looked it was 2019 not 1999

nogard

nogardAU

Used to be ok

Been with ING for over 10 years
Very good at first with low fees and good customer service

Now dreadful service and much the same as all the other banks

Looking to get out but to where?

Kate

KateVictoria

DO NOT TOUCH ING!!!!

loyal customer for years and they stole $14,000 of my money.Worst bank ever and refuse to ever ever bank with them again! Overdrew my acct by $14000. THEIR ERROR as the debited my account twice. Now refuse me access to MY MONEY that has over $12,000 in there

Tammy

Tammy

top notch

at the end of the day what makes ING Direct deserving of their 5 stars is their customer support team, 24/7 support with people actually based in Australia that are fast and savvy

can't win

can't winMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

ING bank....If I could give no stars I would!

Regular Consumer

Regular ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The only good bank in my opinion

I've been with ING since 2009 or so. The fee free everyday account and savings maximiser can not be beaten in the market. They are the only bank I've known to give such great rewards and bonuses. I've only had one problem in 10 years and it was resolved the next day. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, will be a loyal customer for years to come if all stays as good as it is now.

GEE-SHOCK

GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Good bank

24/7 telephone support is good for people at work. Saving rates are initially good but now lower compared to other internet banks. The app is quite smooth.
Best part is no international transaction and ATM fee. This saves a lot of $$

They said if you made a mistake when using payid then you can’t get your money back. Not in terms with what the financial ombudsman said

totally unreliable and lack of assistance for the client

Gilbert C.

Gilbert C.Perth, WA

No one answer the call yet

Everything is good until I try to call the customer service twice a day last for five days!!! No one answer the call yet, what kind of 24/7 service won't answer customer? yes, ING BANK

rod

rod

Difficult to open an account.

I have a drivers licence, passport and medicare card. My current address is on my driver's licence. This is more than 100 points of ID required for any government department. I've also been a regular ING customer for over 10 years. Been trying to get an Orange everyday savings account but can't because I do not have water, electricity bill or tax assessment. I live in a rooming house and my bills are part of the rent. Just hopeless.

Mark G

Mark GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant at every step

Been with ING for many years but only moved all our banking over. There have been two occasions where we could have missed out on interest or paying international card charges and each time ING have made good with non hassles. First rate

Great, until something goes wrong

I have multiple accounts with ING and have been happy until now. Had a term deposit mature on 1 July 2019 and they prepaid the interest on 30/6/19 meaning a loss of tax deferral. Phoned the call centre to find out why and the response was read the product terms and conditions. Transferred to a so called manager, same thing except blunter. Zero care factor, zero responsibility, zero out of 100 for customer service.

jenny

jennySydney, NSW

Interest rates

I am very disappointed with ING as they have always been good. The recent rate drop.. They lowered interest rates by .40% instead of .25%. On accerlator accounts which is legal.. Most unfair to savers.

lisa s.

lisa s.Perth, WA

ING one of the better banks I have used

I have been with ING Direct for some time now and my view of this bank has been increased higher thanks to a recent experience. I had money debited from my account that I had no idea where it came from and contacting ING they acted fast and I had the money returned (over $190) into my account. WELL DONE ING! Great service as always

Don’t fall for their introductory offers cos they’ll hike it up and then throw small print back at you if you ask why

We had competitive rates at another bank. When we asked for a discharge they convinced us to stay. We did. A few months later they hiked up our rates more than once , almost doubled our insurance premiums. Now we have to pay discharge fees if we want to get back on competitive fees. Costing me a family holiday every year by staying with ING

Customer support and service

The worst customer support and service ever received from any banking institution in my 30yrs of business. I’m the director of my company and received the total run around in trying to resolve a simple and small objective. DISGRACEFUL

Alona

Alonaasked

Do ING allow 3 members in joint accounts?

josh
josh

contact the bank & ask them

christopher

christopherasked

what are the conditions to receive extra interest. is it applied to both accounts

hammerhead
hammerhead

contact the bank & ask them

Michelle M

Michelle Masked

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.

george murray
george murray

They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

Get an answer from our members and ING DIRECT representatives