ING

ING (page 3 of 28)

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

lisa s.

lisa s.Perth, WA

ING one of the better banks I have used

I have been with ING Direct for some time now and my view of this bank has been increased higher thanks to a recent experience. I had money debited from my account that I had no idea where it came from and contacting ING they acted fast and I had the money returned (over $190) into my account. WELL DONE ING! Great service as always

TopicGeneral Transactions

Don’t fall for their introductory offers cos they’ll hike it up and then throw small print back at you if you ask why

We had competitive rates at another bank. When we asked for a discharge they convinced us to stay. We did. A few months later they hiked up our rates more than once , almost doubled our insurance premiums. Now we have to pay discharge fees if we want to get back on competitive fees. Costing me a family holiday every year by staying with ING

TopicNew Account

Customer support and service

The worst customer support and service ever received from any banking institution in my 30yrs of business. I’m the director of my company and received the total run around in trying to resolve a simple and small objective. DISGRACEFUL

Gary Enright

Gary EnrightSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tranact on inactive account

I rang ING this morning to reactivate our inactive business account. The whole process was a smooth ,helpful and issue free experience .I was dealing with people who were polite and considerate and will continue using my business account more now than I previously did.

Alireza

AlirezaPerth, Western Australia

Racist attitude

I have had the worst banking experience with ING. I am an Australian citizen but I was treated like a criminal just because of my second nationality without any respect.
I was asked silly questions about my second nationality, and if I have ever traveled to the USA or worked there?!
I had to went through a silly process to approve my identity so they release my account. Then I transferred my money to another bank and closed the account immediately.

Ricstar

RicstarVictoria

Banking made easy!!!

Recently opened an Orange bank account and loan with ING and the entire process was straight forward and seamless. Decided to go with ING because of recommendations and I'm so glad I did! ING products are far better than what the big 4 banks can offer. With an easy to use Online banking platform, Competitive rates and no fee banking without compromising on service, what more can I ask for. If I had to pick on something throughout the entire experience, It would be turn around time frame. Plan ahead if you decide to bank with ING besides that I would highly recommend them.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Kristy N.

Kristy N.Perth, WA

Brilliant Bank

I changed to ING after reading The Barefoot Investor and I am so glad I did. It is so easy to manage my money. External transfers hsppen immediately, the online banking app is so easy to use, I haven't paid any fees yet and the customer service has been excellent. Finally a Bank.that looks after it's customers. Thanks ING!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Poor Customer service/ lack of communication

Am in the process of applying for a personal loan, have had little to no communication from ing. Not sure how long the process usually takes but it’s now been 1 week since applying and still nothing. Very dis heartened and no longer feel the need to borrow money. Crap poor ING.

Cannot fault them!

Have been with ING for over a year now with several bank accounts and savings accounts. Cannot fault them at all! Always exceptional with service, notifications of different things happening on our accounts, offers, fees and interest rates are better than anywhere else. Love the fact that everything is so easy to use with them and so quick!!

Col

ColWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

One of the worst online banking tools ever!!!

Honestly one of the most inconvenient banking tools to use online. Tried a dozen times to log into my account with no success. Basically being notified my details don't exist. Cant even email these guys have to call them even though i run a very busy business and don't have that time to waste....Not happy at all, stay clear of these guys if you want anything that resembles service.

Jay S

Jay S

Bait and switch - don’t take a loan out here!

Refinanced a loan from another bank and they increased the loan rate a day after settlement. They are currently selling loans 0.15 cheaper to new customers but won’t budge on my rate. Stay away, these guys just give you false rates to get you in the door and then count on your apathy once your loan is settled. They suck you in with free atms, it’s all a scam

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Lachlan

Lachlan

Home loan scammers

When I got my home loan through ING the interest rate was 3.8% with a $300 per year fee. They have increased my rate to 4.04% while still advertising their rate for new loans as 3.8% and now today their lowest advertised rate is 3.63% I’m still waiting for a return phone call but am interested to see how they justify this. It’s becoming apparent their advertised rates are temporary scams and they will increase them with no justification, and contrary to the RBA rate cuts.

Wade

WadeMelbourne

Incompetent & unreliable: Stay away!

Disgusting customer service

Kenneth

KennethHobart, TAS

Personal loan declined for no reason

I had savings account with ING for 4 years and recently applied for a personal loan. Wrote an email to them asking for reason for the declined and haven't got a reply. Met all the criteria and had a full time job which fulfill their income threshold. Still waiting for an explanation from them

TopicLoan Application

Good interest rate, crap customer service

Mik

MikGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We were rejected for a personal loan even though we met the criteria

lepar29

lepar29Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Superb product. Better than any big (four) names.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Fiorelli_Sun

Fiorelli_SunWestern Australia

Staffs gave wrong infos and management team covered it and kept saying they are giving correct infos

I had 2 yrs TD 2.85%, early termination after 15 mths, the guy told me i will get approx $41510 back, but i only got $40880, $630 short, then i called back, another staff told me seemed computer error will send to management term for further investigation. Then i called back next day, they asked their management team to speak to me and kept saying the amount paid me 40880 was correct. Why the guy told me i will get 41510? Manager kept saying approximate said the guy didnt give me wrong info, $630 differ approximate? I dont think so. Dont use ING ever again!

Pinkladyloo

PinkladylooSydney, NSW

Ridiculous treatment

I have to find a copy of my birth certificate and get it certified by a JP and send it into ING to verify that I am the same person who opened my account with my same birth certificate and a 100 point check 12 years ago. This is what I get for loyalty as a customer. I am 90 years old, and my birth certificate is in a safe 4 hrs drive from me, and I have been given 10 days to do all of this or they will take matters into their own hands and not pay back my money until I verify myself.

Michelle M

Michelle Masked

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.

george murray

They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

Naomiasked

How is ING for car insurance?? Does anyone have any experience??
I have been doing general banking with them for about 3 years with no issues.

george murray

Their insurance is underwritten by auto & general ltd owners of budget direct & quite a few insurance companies you are better off going direct to the insurance company & getting a quote 1st then compare that with ING paying insurance thru the bank the insurance company pays the bank a commission which would add to your premium Before you commit check the reviews for auto & general

Naomi

The auto and general reviews are terrible...

john smith
john smith

the banks insurance is auto & general i thought it was thru the bank until i looked at the banks insurance web site & down the bottom of the page in small print underwritten by auto & general ltd. they own budget direct

Lara

Laraasked

Would ING be a good bank to open a savings account with? I do not want to withdraw money, just save it. I'm trying to choose a different bank than my normal one so I cannot have instant access to it, to avoid temptation.

trompfy
trompfy

No, I would definitely go to Westpac and open a Westpac eSaver and go down to the branch then ask them to put a block on it so you can only withdraw at the branch so avoid temptation like I do.

Ryan
Ryan

No ,most of the time during transactions they have no idea where your money is

elmer fudd