ING

ING (page 4 of 34)

Jak Charlton

Jak CharltonSydney, NSW

ING will give any new customer off the street a better rate than my "special long term customer" rate

7 years with ING, and they are unwilling to adjust my home loan rate to even match their published rate on their web site. Two of their staff have confirmed that as a long term customer I am less important to them than any new customer. They keep telling me about my "special discount" which puts me 0.25% *above* the advertised rate that anyone can get

Avoid like the plague

Lara

LaraSydney, NSW

Worst user experience of any bank ever

Taken me two months to open a joint bank account. So clunky and unintuitive. terribly frustrating experience. Staff over the phone were helpful but unfortunately couldn't help enough as the app and website is so bad.

Catherine

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

THANK YOU ING!

Papal would not refund me a scam fraud who ripped me of $200 but you guys got it back through them. I am sooo grateful, thank you ING!
Your no fees convenient banking has been super, no wonder barefoot investor recommends you

Phillipmarc

PhillipmarcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is shocking

I give up with ING. Both my partner and I have our individual and joint transaction and savings accounts and love the idea of simplified banking. The issue is when something goes wrong their call center staff have zero interest in listening to let alone resolving an issue. The exact thing happened to my parent twice last year, and to me today. Their staff seems demotivated and are very dismissive. The ONLY way you will get a resolve is to go through the full complaints process. Admittedly things then do get resolved and to a high standard. Sort your call centers out ING. It's not good enough.

Orange be gone

Orange be goneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible. Customer service call center staff think the are doing you a favour once they have your money. Bank elsewhere.

NO NO NO Dont do it! No No No Terrible. Customer service call center staff seems to think they are doing you a service when you give them your money. Bank elsewhere. There are other banks out there with similar no international fee cards.

FrustratedMother

FrustratedMotherCanberra 2600, ACT

Simply GAVE UP trying to open an account for my daughter

After MONTHS of trying to open a youth bank account for my 15yo daughter we have just GIVEN UP. Although we could provide passport, medicare, bank account from another bank all with our address on it, they required either a drivers licence, student ID card with an address on it (we don't have those things) or a letter from the school principal witnessed by another teacher. So after going to great lengths to get this letter, we STILL COULDN'T open the account because the way the witness had signed it was "incorrect". So we went ONLINE to BEYOND BANK (our normal bank) and opened an account in 5 minutes using Medicare and Passport ID. CRAZY!!!!!!

Rol. E

Rol. EWynyard

Don't take past performance as an indicator of how they work today

New account - Had heard some good storied about this bank. Decided to move my accounts over, including a basic credit card account. Despite a clear credit history my application knocked back.
First E-Mail said it had been approved, then later a second one saying it had been denied
Spoke to a complaints manager who simply said, bad luck, our internal decision is private and we will not be giving you any feedback. They refuse to allow any contact or change any information on my application.
Still have no idea why for the first time in over 30 years of banking I have had an account refused

Corrie

CorriePerth, WA

Getting Home Loan - Shockingly Bad

We have been with ING for over 5 years and they have always been good until recently. There were no issues with having a loan approved. Having said this, their communication was worse than poor the whole way through the process. If I had my chance again it would be a big no for ING! Unfortunately because of our situation we could not use a broker. Having to deal with ING direct was an absolute disaster.

Hopeless!

TaniaMS

TaniaMSSydney

Customer loyalty means nothing to ING

I have been a loyal customer with ING for over 20 years. I saved over 50% of a house deposit and have been in the same occupation for over 19 years with an excellent savings record. They came up with excuse after excuse as to why they wouldn’t offer me a home loan, every time I provided more supporting evidence but it was just like they had made up their mind and were scrambling for more excuses. Well ING, you have lost me as a customer and I am transferring all my savings to another bank.

Mai

MaiPerth, WA

No, nope & never

Applied for personal loan and it was declined, called them to ask what's going on? They said something about your credit!! I got worried if something happened and i didn't know. Got my credit report, all good never missed a payment never applied for personal loan since the last 2 years. Called them back i said my credit report is clear than your CEOs future what is really going on? Poor lady she couldn't tell me anything! I was okay fine. Applied at another bank BOM got approval within 2 mins. Closed my account and took my money out of that orange Dutch bank, keep it Aussie.

Meg Hayward

Meg HaywardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shout-out to ING for refund

Recently had to cancel a trip due to Covid 19. I had purchased travel insurance prior to our PM banning overseas travel so when I asked ING for a refund on my travel insurance as I would not be able to use it within the 12 months of purchase, there was no hesitation. They processed cancellation and I got the refund within 5 days. Will definitely purchase travel insurance from them in the future. Very Happy Customer

Quick to set up. 7 years later decide to move..3 months later, still can’t get my $156k transferred

I would strongly advise against using ING if you would like fluid funds.
I have managed to consolidate my super from 5 businesses, claim LSL, move mortgage & still nothing from ING

Terrible to deal with when finalizing mortgage

Refinanced our mortgage with another lender. Funds from the other lender were settled on 23/6/20. ING are still yet to deposit the funds into our account (over a week later), and have charged a full month of interest, plus principle yesterday and taken this from our offset, despite having acknowledged they’ve received the payout. Now going through AFCA’s dispute process. Do not recommend giving them your business.

Michael D N.

POOR HANDLING OF SCAMS/FRAUD

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Personal Loan- ING Closed for Business

Applied for a personal loan online (only method available) and two business days later I received an email saying it was declined. After speaking with a team member they stated it was due to servicing, however would not give any specific details. Applied with ANZ and the loan was approved the same day. Conclusion is ING is closed for business.

Simon

SimonSydney, NSW

Despicable company

I've been a customer for a few years. I'm switching from a transaction account customer to a mortgage customer and am about to settle.

ING has shown themselves to be utterly untrustworthy and purposefully went out of their way to screw me out of thousands of dollars using tricks illegal I'm most developed countries. I am now stuck with them for a minimum period of time.

Do yourself a favour. If looking at mortgages, run away. Take a slightly higher rate from a different bank if need be, it's worth it.

ING will never see another dollar from me for the rest of my life once I'm finished with the minimum time on this contract.

Andrew J.

Andrew J.

ING is finished

Term deposit auto roll over but no email to confirm it happened so I had a look. On the day it rolled over they reduced the interest rate AND stopped the loyalty bonus WITHOUT TELLING ME!!
I was getting 1.15% instead of 1.50%. Moving my money somewhere else.

Bongo F.

Bongo F.Great Southern, WA

Don't do it

Dealing with online banking is very very very stressful, if your wise don't do it, stay with a bank that has real people, online banking is fraught with problems, even getting my app to work took hours

Beck

BeckEchuca

Great, super easy, no hassles, online works great and never down, and great service when you need it. I've been with them four years now, no fees, high interest. Great customer service. Very reliable.