ING

ING (page 4 of 28)

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mik

MikGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We were rejected for a personal loan even though we met the criteria

lepar29

lepar29Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Superb product. Better than any big (four) names.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Fiorelli_Sun

Fiorelli_SunWestern Australia

Staffs gave wrong infos and management team covered it and kept saying they are giving correct infos

I had 2 yrs TD 2.85%, early termination after 15 mths, the guy told me i will get approx $41510 back, but i only got $40880, $630 short, then i called back, another staff told me seemed computer error will send to management term for further investigation. Then i called back next day, they asked their management team to speak to me and kept saying the amount paid me 40880 was correct. Why the guy told me i will get 41510? Manager kept saying approximate said the guy didnt give me wrong info, $630 differ approximate? I dont think so. Dont use ING ever again!

Pinkladyloo

PinkladylooSydney, NSW

Ridiculous treatment

I have to find a copy of my birth certificate and get it certified by a JP and send it into ING to verify that I am the same person who opened my account with my same birth certificate and a 100 point check 12 years ago. This is what I get for loyalty as a customer. I am 90 years old, and my birth certificate is in a safe 4 hrs drive from me, and I have been given 10 days to do all of this or they will take matters into their own hands and not pay back my money until I verify myself.

A.A.

A.A.RYDALMERE

ING did not refund unused annual fee

After switching our home loan product to a no-annual fee mortgage simplifier with ING, we requested for a refund of the annual fee that we were just charged (in advance) for the previous product. We were told that ING does not refund annual fees that are charged in advance.

Ted

TedSouth East Queensland, QLD

poor customer service

they keep u on the phone,,, on hold,,,only to frustrate customer to the point of giving up....only use this bank if youre prepared to deal with unprofessional customer service reps

TopicBusiness Banking

Michelle W

Michelle WBelmont

Misogynist customer service.

Kathryn S.

Kathryn S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

Just moved to ING and loving it so far.
I love their app - very easy to use. My experience with their call centre was great on the one occasion I’ve had to call so far.
Overall, I great experience and very easy to switch over.

Lisa

LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Changing details on loan

Contemptuous customer service.

Adam R

Adam RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Money frozen immediately by ING moment it was received

Yungan Jo Sun

Yungan Jo Sun

Best Aussie bank

ING Direct is a great bank, there are no fees for a lot of things other things big banks will charge you for and always a competitive rate on the Savings Maximiser. I could go on but the best and most underrated feature is a 24/7 customer support team based in Australia, you cannot fault their ability to help you and they are fast on the phone and don't waste your time with small talk or taking you through unnecessary lengthy processes - good to know in case something ever goes wrong.

RyanDarling Downs, QLD

The Donald trump of banks

If they do not like how a dispute is playing out ,, they will just change the facts , I’ve spoken to three people from ing and they all lie with ease ,and when you pull them up tell them that they are directly contradicting them selves they lie some more.
They are incredibly passive aggressive at the complaints department,to the point where I could not argue with them anymore.
They are the Donald trump of banks

Sue

SueBalwyn

Banking made easy

I have been consistently impressed with the ease of usage and benefits of banking with ING.
Recently I was refunded the $2.90 charge for using an ATM and I was very pleased.

TopicATM Experience
ozzzy2

ozzzy2bundaberg

Downright rude and pushy

Downright rude and pushy. Couldn't explain why deposits could not be made into my loan account when in credit. Told me to open another account from another bank then transfer funds in. Why? Whats the difference?

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Unhappy ING customer

Unhappy ING customer

Beware of the high interest bonus trap. I am losing the interest bonus because a BPay transaction will not count

They disqualified me because I was one transaction short of using the card to tap on a EPOS machine even though I made over $7,000 in payment and over ten transactions with my account. They never specified that a BPay transaction would not count and in two months I lost over $200 in interest bonus. They are a bank not to be trusted. I will close my account and move to another bank.

Crap customer service

I have been trying to open an account including everyday account, savings maximiser acc and a joint acc with my partner. I have had to call numerous times for help and found them to not be helpful at all and very confusing. They are not clear and don’t give clear instructions on how to help. I feel like they expect you to know how to do everything and feels like they have only been working for ING for a few days.
The only reason I am continuing to get through this is for the damn interest rates on savings acc and other benefits otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Waste of time!

Lara

LaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unhelpful and hard to deal with, broken promises

Joint the bank as promised easy transactions, but they are worst - only via phone (right now on phone for 40 min already, not sure when will be resolved) or long few pages forms which only can be physically printed, all few pages you have to fill in ( over 30 questions), then scan and then mail or email.

While on the phone, the staff clearly trained to blame you in everything - they have terms and conditions, which are making your fault in pretty much everything, and they will keep making up things blaming you.
AVOID! the worst sharks I have ever seen

Outdoor E.

Outdoor E.Southwest, VIC

Rate Rises

ING have been fairly good to us over the period of our home loan but a recent double interest rate rise that was unexpected has dropped my opinion of them. We have been banking with them for over 10 years and I received a letter notifying me that our rate was going up - 2 weeks earlier?? Who does this. Disappointed!

Josh

JoshHobart, TAS

Best bank ever

Been with ING for 10 years now, have always found the service to be excellent and the products are perfect. Banking App is also brilliant and allows be to do everything I need.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Michelle M

Michelle Masked

Who exactly qualifies for a credit card with these guys? I was told 3 days ago I was 'conditionally approved' for a $10K credit card after providing an initial raft of information and bank statements. Just needed to verify income (which I did in the form required - payslips) and dividends from my company (which I did in one of the forms required) and this morning received a 'sorry you do not meet our credit criteria'. Even my payslips show income over $100,000 and my credit file which they no doubt have should show that any credit card debt i have is paid in full each month.

george murray

They are the worst bank for credit cards they refuse just about everyone who applies go somewhere else

Naomiasked

How is ING for car insurance?? Does anyone have any experience??
I have been doing general banking with them for about 3 years with no issues.

george murray

Their insurance is underwritten by auto & general ltd owners of budget direct & quite a few insurance companies you are better off going direct to the insurance company & getting a quote 1st then compare that with ING paying insurance thru the bank the insurance company pays the bank a commission which would add to your premium Before you commit check the reviews for auto & general

Naomi

The auto and general reviews are terrible...

john smith
john smith

the banks insurance is auto & general i thought it was thru the bank until i looked at the banks insurance web site & down the bottom of the page in small print underwritten by auto & general ltd. they own budget direct

Lara

Laraasked

Would ING be a good bank to open a savings account with? I do not want to withdraw money, just save it. I'm trying to choose a different bank than my normal one so I cannot have instant access to it, to avoid temptation.

trompfy
trompfy

No, I would definitely go to Westpac and open a Westpac eSaver and go down to the branch then ask them to put a block on it so you can only withdraw at the branch so avoid temptation like I do.

Ryan

No ,most of the time during transactions they have no idea where your money is

elmer fudd