ING

ING

Lachlan B.

Lachlan B.South East Queensland, QLD

Used to be good however, I wouldn't recommend it because of its bad user interface

Never had such a hard time setting up an account. Although they offer great products something as simple as there user interface really puts me off. I won't be wasting my time with ING.

stephen13

stephen13Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

User Friendly Site - Customer Support Awful

I ordered two new cards on the 18th January and have been waiting patiently for them to arrive. There was still no sign recently so I used the 'in mail' service as recommended by ING customer service. I checked and there has been no response. Given that this is a situation that could very easily lead to fraud occurring, I have been appalled at ING's lack of response. Also, they don't tell you, but if you're self employed don't bother looking for a mortgage, they won't give you one... Just to save you sitting on hold and then going through the facade of pretending that they might give you one!

EThan A.

EThan A.North Queensland, QLD

Disappointed and did not want to cooperate with their clients

Pretty disappointed with the way they handled my application to increase my home loan. I got a new job with a huge pay increase, money will no longer be an issue in my life. However, new company pays monthly and forgot to notify my banks to extract money at a different time. Now they won’t give me a home loan for another 6 months. Now I either have to change banks or rent a room for another 6 months, which isn’t really an option, over sharehouses and the scum that live in them. ING had no sympathy or understanding of my circumstances as I just wasted almost 2 hours of my life this morning

PKinOz

PKinOzRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very bad internet banking

The worst thing about ING is their internet banking. It is awful for an internet only bank.
You cannot revisit and reprint transactions after the transaction is completed. This is a real problem as the internet banking regularly fails after transfers and Bpays.
Terrible customer service.
They insist on SMS verification when we all know mobile coverage is awful in Australia.
Good fees and attractive interest rates, but not worth the switch if you rely on good internet banking.

Raymond

RaymondCanberra 2600, ACT

Goodbye ING!

TopicCredit Card Application
Tim L.

Tim L.

Just like other banks

Currently have a home loan, transaction account (with debit card) and credit card.

Overall, staff at the call centre have been pretty good.

They don't issue combined credit/debit cards like Bank Australia do, and, like all other banks, they don't respect existing customers (reducing rates for 'new' lenders and not for older ones). Given that the bank is online, you'd think you would get much better value for money, but they are no different to the Big4.

Time to shop around (again!).

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Regina

ReginaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be Aware

We have had a business account with ING since 2012 and their service was good up until they deactivated the account 12 months ago when the company changed its registered office address. Despite ASIC proof and other details requested confirming the registered office and place of business the account remains deactivated. The excuse given is the lack of staff to process the paperwork and while the business can deposit money it cannot be withdrawn on line. Also MYOB accounting systems are not able to link ING to Bank Feeds.

TopicBusiness Banking
spa3e

spa3eGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

the bank with so much potential...

Disappointed. Disgusting customer service, I was left feeling sick to my stomach. How dare they let someone speak to a customer in that tone, is honestly so bizarre. I used to love this bank... until they reduced their interest to a terrible big 4 rate, glad to be moving soon.

A.A.

A.A.RYDALMERE

ING did not refund unused annual fee

After switching our home loan product to a no-annual fee mortgage simplifier with ING, we requested for a refund of the annual fee that we were just charged (in advance) for the previous product. We were told that ING does not refund annual fees that are charged in advance.

TopicLoan Application

ozzzy2

ozzzy2bundaberg

Downright rude and pushy

Downright rude and pushy. Couldn't explain why deposits could not be made into my loan account when in credit. Told me to open another account from another bank then transfer funds in. Why? Whats the difference?

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Crap customer service

I have been trying to open an account including everyday account, savings maximiser acc and a joint acc with my partner. I have had to call numerous times for help and found them to not be helpful at all and very confusing. They are not clear and don’t give clear instructions on how to help. I feel like they expect you to know how to do everything and feels like they have only been working for ING for a few days.
The only reason I am continuing to get through this is for the damn interest rates on savings acc and other benefits otherwise I wouldn’t bother. Waste of time!

Sean

SeanPerth, WA

Useless for young people

Lydia P.

Lydia P.Adelaide

Clunky and slow mobile banking when they want you to use your debit card 5 times monthly.

ING Personal Loan - Not 3 days as promised to assess!!

Paul B

Paul BAdelaide

Savings Accounts ok - don't use anything else !

I have been a long time user of the ING everyday and maximiser savings accounts. Good products and easy to use. I just made the mistake of getting an Orange One Credit card, it seems anything beyond the automated savings accounts is simply beyond them. Their online systems are useless and their phone service absolutely hopeless. If your business is on line, make sure it works. Back to the banks for me.

Chris

ChrisSydney

Making the simple process of savings more and more complex. Not impressed anymore.

noodle

noodleMelbourne

Used to be good, not any more!

I have been with ING for many years due to their great interest rates on savings accounts and 2-5% cashback (long time ago though). However since the change of their management (I think?) they are no longer competitive, I have closed down my superannuation account after their announcement of the new fee structure and now I will move my savings elsewhere as I am unable make at least 5 transactions (on top of the standard $1000+ deposit requirement) on my orange everyday account in order to get the bonus interest rate each month, this is silly and too much hassle for me, sorry I will move my money elsewhere even for a lower rate.

Muzza51

Muzza51Canberra

New 5 debit card requirement for bonus rate in savings maximiser account is silly

I don't want to use a debit card to buy my morning coffee! The new requirement to have 5 debit card purchases each month to get the bonus rate on savings maximiser is silly and a destroyer of loyalty. I have already moved funds from savings maximiser to another bank and most of the funds from savings accel account as well. I agree with the other comment I saw on Product Review by someone who is unhappy about this as well.

AW2212

AW2212Rockhampton

Used to be a very good bank -- don't know what happened to them!

Low interest and bad customer service

My local credit union offers better interest rates for saving products.

Their customer service support is useless. It took me 10 days to close my account after confirming about once a day that I indeed wanted to close the account.