ING

ING

Alan B.

Alan B.South East Queensland, QLD

I dont know what all the hype is about.

No options to leave a google review, coincidence?

I had been with ING Direct in various capacities for over 15 years. They have slipped into irrelevance for me after declining to refinance a mortgage for a construction loan and declining a credit card application despite what I believe to have very good serviceability. Closed remaining accounts today. Will take business elsewhere. No option to Google review, how is this possible?

Good interest rate, crap customer service

Outdoor E.

Outdoor E.Southwest, VIC

Rate Rises

ING have been fairly good to us over the period of our home loan but a recent double interest rate rise that was unexpected has dropped my opinion of them. We have been banking with them for over 10 years and I received a letter notifying me that our rate was going up - 2 weeks earlier?? Who does this. Disappointed!

Good

Only complaint is that the online platform seems to often be glitchy or just not working. Mobile app seems to be better. But this is quite annoying that often when i log on i have to re try in 5 minutes. Strange and scary that a bank dosnt have a reliable online platform..

Stormy

StormyPerth, WA

Took a few days to get a Maximiser and an Everyday account going. The website had issues and various customer service representatives gave different stories. Or told me it would be all up and running the next morning just to get me off the line. Strangely enough I was turned down for a credit card. We are self funded retirees with no debts and a good amount of wealth. I only wanted a credit card as it is the preferred or only option in some hotels and car hire firms. Otherwise the debit card works as I do not need to borrow money. I did not gather which planet the credit card department is working from.
Giving them a trial run as I like the idea of free ATMs and other foreign transactions.

MKSG

MKSGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceptionally good, except the app

I define "great bank" if I don't have to wait in queues. ING doesn't have a long queue when you call their call centre. The interest rates are great. ATM fee rebate hits your bank account almost instantly. They have Apple Pay, they have PayID and I'm pretty sure they will be one of the first banks to implement the "next-hot-digital-thing" when it comes around.

That said, their app is pretty basic. I do most of my "banking" using the app and a great app experience is a great banking experience. I was previously with NAB. ING's app is worser than an app by one of the big 4.

I'll rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ if they improve their app.

Min standard for banking app

The basic account info.. would love to see detailed tracking and sorting in to different categories of all items.
Graphic or charts highlighted

Credit Card eligibility criteria FAIL. ING you need to check that algorithm

Leigh

LeighGold Coast

Good online bank

E.L

E.LMelbourne

Overseas travel

I was overseas recently trying to use my credit card online for some necessary flight changes. Unfortunately you need an SMS code from your Australian number to use this but I always have a local sim card and tend to lose my Australian one once it's out of the phone. There was no way around this issue but the ING staff were polite and accommodating by communicating through the apps email and Messenger. But still annoying not being able to use emergency card online.

Online access ssues they won't resolve

Unlike my other banks, which are instantly accessable, my ING account cannot be openrd from my phone. Suppport team claim I'm 'the only one who has this problem' and made no attempt to resolve it. Right now on screen all I see is an apology notice saying 'We'll be up and running shortly'. I've literally wasted hours og my life with this bodgy website & expect to close my account in favour of a better bank Suggedt ing hire more profficient tech staff..

Chet

Chet

Not bad

It's glad to get cash rewards from the ING bank!but it's not really convenient , sometimes I need to get a real bank to ask staff for some questions not only by the phone call! the bank application is good and I like using it! Anyway if you need another bank account to earn cash rewards maybe you can consider to have one of ING bank.

T.N

T.NSydney, NSW

Joined for the benefits they've now taken away

They hooked me in with their paypass rebate offer which they've now taken away. I'm still with them for the time being but i'll likely move on. There's a limit of 2 accounts and that makes it difficult with all the variations of living arrangements and connections the average person has now. There online portal is ok but a bit unsophisticated - it's definitely designed for the basic user and tries too hard to be hip/cool/friendly in place of efficiency. Commbank netbank is what I measure against and ING just don't measure up. Pros: lowest monthly deposit amount (1k a month) for free any ATM usage.

Marshall

MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sort of positive

Find out how ING compares to other Banks

Not very customer serviced based anymore

I joined ING after believing they were truely different to the other big banks. The nice incentives such as 2% cashback - GONE. One of the highest interest rates for savings accounts - GONE. Now they are just like all the other banks and there are definately better deals around. I will be shopping around come the new year.

Kate

KateSeaforth

No more cashback

Love the ease of using any atm without paying fees....but now that they're getting rid of the paywave casback reward, there's not really much incentive. All banks offer free withdrawals so no atm fees isn't actually saving me anything, just convenience of not having to find the right atm

RC_in_SA

RC_in_SAAU

Great for Internet Banking etc- but when you need some customer service & Action not so great!

So tired of incompetent "Customer Service"

Products are great - providing you do not have anything that falls outside the normal banking requirements.
7 Different "customer service" representatives later I am now trying to close accounts and refinance - I was told .. "wait.. our customer retention people would like to speak to you - some time over the next 7 days!". Guys, a quick tip, if retention is important to you - 7 days does not constitute urgency. Customer service fail.
Good basic banking products, online apps work great
Poor customer service, lack of integrity - promise one thing, deliver another

Jacq

JacqSydney

Not for everyone, but has some great savings rates

For example, ING are currently advertising a 5% limited interest rate period. Yes it is designed to win over your business, but if you are money in the bank, 5% is not a bad place to park at. It is an internet bank, but if you are completely internet savvy and comfortable without the in person customer service, it's definitely a fine place to bank at. I have found the representatives over the phone courteous, knowledgeable and professional myself.
Great rate offers
If you want face to face service, this may not be the bank for you

kathyasked

What is there interest rates on savings and term deposits

Amir
Amir

I don't remeber it now since it keep decreasing.

Thankyou

Neryll M.asked

Rate on interest for term deposit $250,000 for 6 or 12 months

Bruser

Bruserasked

I was a fully identified customer (100 points and then some), for in excess of 10 years. For no apparent reason, ING recently asked me for a Certified Copy of my Passport (already supplied as stated). They also asked several questions about my traveling history. Why? Because they are "complying with Government requirements".
Has anyone else been subjected to these ridiculous requirements? Why should I go to this trouble and expense?
Naturally, I have closed my accounts. However, just interested in other peoples' experience with ING.

Jonestown01
Jonestown01

I just got this crap as well. Threatening to close my accounts unless I provide certified ID docs and answer all these questions. I told em go ahead, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Upfront momma
Upfront momma

Good for you. I'm going to boycott ING too. If you die your family will be put through hell trying to get your money. They are ruthless.

Anne Q.
Anne Q.

I got treated so bad. With same request for identity. Including source of income etc. I thought the calls were scams. There are warnings about identity theft all over their website. Finally called bank and they said too bad. Your accounts are getting closed today. Nice way to treat customers. Glenn is not nice person. Doesn't even allow people to fix it or have another option. My suggestion is to close all accounts and never bank with ING.