ING

ING

John

JohnBrisbane

ING app is great, ease of use terrific, but customer service when card fraud occurs is disturbing

I have been with the bank for over three years after moving from Westpac. ING’s internet interface is easy to use and useful for our purposes. The rates are reasonable and the rebates received for international purchases are helpful. However when there were some fraudulent transactions on one of my accounts the process was far from ideal. The initial contact was crisp and clear, but waiting up to 8 days for reimbursement could have caused some financial stress, if the fraud had targeted an account with more funds in it.

So be aware that should your account be subject to fraud, reimbursement can drag on. I believe the bank could more flexible with customer financial requirements at the time of reporting fraud.

Raj

RajGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Decent Bank but room for improvement

There are lots of fake reviews out there against this bank. I have been with them for more than 3 years now and my experience with them has been alright.
Pros:
1. Decent customer care.
2. Free ATM across Aus provided you fulfil the conditions.
3. Rebate on International fees and competitive exchange rate. Since I shop overseas.

Cons:
1. Limit of only 5 account per Account ID.
2. Lack of Samsung Pay support for Payments.
3. Lack of analytics for spending tracking.
4. Falling intrest rates considering the fact that intrest rates are at an all time low.

Charlotte

CharlotteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy! But could improve a little

Jake P.

Jake P.Sydney, NSW

Decent customer service, no complaints to date

Been with ING 4 years and have found it to be the best (or least bad) of any of the banks/institutions I've dealt with. Customer service is good and value for money is reasonable. Online apps are reliable and easy to use.

Meg Hayward

Meg HaywardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Shout-out to ING for refund

Recently had to cancel a trip due to Covid 19. I had purchased travel insurance prior to our PM banning overseas travel so when I asked ING for a refund on my travel insurance as I would not be able to use it within the 12 months of purchase, there was no hesitation. They processed cancellation and I got the refund within 5 days. Will definitely purchase travel insurance from them in the future. Very Happy Customer

Nicolas A.

Nicolas A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good perks

I have an account with ING bank which they have been quick on providing responses when I have had queries even though when the service is online only as well they offer is some benefits like no foreign fees when you travel overseas as well that give you that feedback on your bank account which I find really good because I travel a lot good work

Amy J.

Amy J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good for everyday banking

I've been with ING bank now for over a year and so far have only had good experiences with the customer service team. The app UI is easy to use and fit for purpose, although I'd love to see a feature that shows spending categories and monthly savings etc.

Anne

AnneMelbourne

Customer Service Thank you

I had a year fixed term account with ING. I needed the money in a hurry. David at collections.hardship@ing.com.au were very understanding and helpful. I got my money in time. Thank you

GEE-SHOCK

GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Good bank

24/7 telephone support is good for people at work. Saving rates are initially good but now lower compared to other internet banks. The app is quite smooth.
Best part is no international transaction and ATM fee. This saves a lot of $$

They said if you made a mistake when using payid then you can’t get your money back. Not in terms with what the financial ombudsman said

Suzr

SuzrAU

Really good bank!

I have had my mortgage account with ING for a year now since I purchased my home. The banking app, the online banking website, customer service (the few times I had to call) are all second to none. Additionally, ING reimburse you withdrawl fees and overseas payment fees.
Only negative I can think of is the the $299 annual fee but that is offset by the reimbursements.

Kaye

KayeSydney, NSW

Much better than the rest

Been with ING for about 5 years. Linked Maximiser & Orange Everyday good for getting Interest in the Maximiser & being able to transfer immediately to Orange Everyday immediately for every purchase from a cup of coffee up.
Next day refund for use of any ATM especially overseas excellent.
Debit card good except for car hire. Not accepted as if car damaged on return car company cannot access funds if amount not in debit card. The only reason not given 5 stars. Support good.

Orange One Credit Card

Initially, I was disappointed that you can't make a payment on your credit card until the balance is due.
I just couldn't get my head around ING not letting you go into credit, while the money is waiting to be deducted.
THEN I CHANGED MY MIND.
Yesterday my Orange One balance was paid up to date and I had received a refund from a purchase to that card. As stated, they don't let you go into credit, so I was unsure of what would happen.
ING transferred the refund into my Everyday account so I have LIQUID CASH!!!.
This negates the cash advance fee for withdrawing your own money found with most credit cards.
I know it's not a huge deal for some, but for me, two thumbs up.

Timbo

TimboKatoomba

Better than the big 4

I've been with ING for years, it's a bit annyoning having to jump through the hoops to get the benefits. The benefits are great though, 2.8% on savings account and no transaction fees home and abroad.

angry

angryPerth, WA

Good bank

Good for every day services. easy enough to use online as long as you read all the instructions. Nice to get interest payments even if they are small.

EvilPepino

EvilPepinoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Online Banking at its best

Although there are no branches to attend, I don't find that I require that as in this day and age, we seem to want efficiency and this bank delivers. I am impressed with the services and interest rates it provides. Furthermore, if we need to deposit money, a simple visit to a local Australia Post is sufficient enough and there are not atm fees charged anywhere!

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Good service low fees

I miss Ing bank and will go back to them.They have no branch network which is a pain if you lose your card.However,their fees and overdraft facility were a big plus for me.
Sorry Ing I will be back !

LucyLocket

LucyLocketAU

Great but linked bank accounts is a pain in the neck!

We love ING, it was absolutely easy to transfer and set up our accounts. Apple Pay is great on my iphone and I can check my balance whenever I want. Seeing your fees refunded from back atm's is another plus. Brilliant customer service too.The only bad thing is the linked bank account setup which nearly took us overdrawn with money needed for Christmas. We had the money in our ING savings account and not being able to transfer it. This needs to be a little bit more friendly and intuitive process! Overall, we are so happy we moved.

Mikilyn

Mikilyn

Very Happy Customer

We recently refinanced our home loan and went with Ing. They made the whole process simple and hassle free. They have been great to deal with whenever we have needed to speak with them. There has been a few times that we've needed to contact them after normal banking hours and because they are available 24/7 we have been able to contact them and sort out what we needed to, great when you are unable to make calls while at work. The online banking system is user friendly and I love that you can get email confirmations of payments made. Very happy customers.

George S

George SAU

All the technology we wanted with a low rate

We were stuck with an outdated lender for the first 3 years of our mortgage, so moving to ING and having the convenience of a really great mobile app and website has been a huge relief. Makes it very easy to see how we are progressing with our mortgage and what kind of returns we are getting from our offset account. Being able to use any ATM in Australia is also a huge plus. I dropped a star as the annual fees doubled shortly after we signed up which was quite frustrating, but still better than our previous lender.

Alex

AlexMelbourne

Good products, slow service

I use in for there savings account which generally offers 1% higher than the big four banks. Customer service however is quite slow to get things done, so I don't use the transaction account incase problems arise they would be slow to fix it.

kathyasked

What is there interest rates on savings and term deposits

Amir
Amir

I don't remeber it now since it keep decreasing.

Thankyou

Neryll M.asked

Rate on interest for term deposit $250,000 for 6 or 12 months

Bruser

Bruserasked

I was a fully identified customer (100 points and then some), for in excess of 10 years. For no apparent reason, ING recently asked me for a Certified Copy of my Passport (already supplied as stated). They also asked several questions about my traveling history. Why? Because they are "complying with Government requirements".
Has anyone else been subjected to these ridiculous requirements? Why should I go to this trouble and expense?
Naturally, I have closed my accounts. However, just interested in other peoples' experience with ING.

Jonestown01
Jonestown01

I just got this crap as well. Threatening to close my accounts unless I provide certified ID docs and answer all these questions. I told em go ahead, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Upfront momma
Upfront momma

Good for you. I'm going to boycott ING too. If you die your family will be put through hell trying to get your money. They are ruthless.

Anne Q.
Anne Q.

I got treated so bad. With same request for identity. Including source of income etc. I thought the calls were scams. There are warnings about identity theft all over their website. Finally called bank and they said too bad. Your accounts are getting closed today. Nice way to treat customers. Glenn is not nice person. Doesn't even allow people to fix it or have another option. My suggestion is to close all accounts and never bank with ING.