InstantScripts
See the Best Chemists in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by InstantScripts

Meh...

It was OK, the doctor didn’t really help me (just gave me very general advice I could find on the internet) so I feel that I wasted $40 on this consultation

Private
PrivateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good if you don't want repeats

Other Chemists

undefined
undefinedVictoria

Just hope you have delivery for all medications.

It was quick and convenient but hope you have delivery for all medications with extra fee for delivery still fine.

Mike T.
Mike T.Victoria

Quick response and a real consultation

Doctor rang promptly and asked relevant questions instead of blindly giving script. Australian doctor, not some overseas call centre. Would have appreciated also being given a few repeats, instead will have to repeat process, paying InstantScripts more than for the actual medications...

Chemists

Find out how InstantScripts compares to other Chemists

Leonie
Leonie

Moderately happy

Instead of my normal 100 tablet script I was only dispensed 10 tablets! It tided me over until I could get a full script from my doctor. Expensive way to buy medication!

Unhappy
UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expensive and no repeats provided

I was disappointed to request a medication which always comes as a one year supply but I only received a quarter of this amount.

The pharmacy said that Instant Scripts decide to offer the minimum amount of medication even if that is not the usual practice at a GP.

I emailed Instant Scripts to find out if there had been an error and if it could be corrected, and I was told this was not an error and to pay another $15 to get another partial/small script.

This becomes an expensive service if I need to go back constantly many times in a year, when I could otherwise go to a GP once in a year for the same result.

If you use this service be aware that you may not get the amount of medication you expected.

Anne W.
Anne W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very convenient

My only problem is that it works out a bit expensive without any repeat scripts so I still have to try and get to my doctor or pay so much again to get just one.

Review collected in partnership with InstantScripts

Still difficult on Xmas with pharmacies closed

It was easy and super fast to find what I needed on the site, even on Christmas day, however I ran into the problem that a lot of the pharmacists in my area were small providers who were closed from 25th until the 28th. Ultimately, I found a GP open on 26th to attend in person to get a script for any pharmacy and he advised a different medication, so the self-diagnosis is still a bit risky.

Instant T.InstantScripts

We prefer no one to self-diagnose. You should know exactly what medication you're on or request a doctor consultation to talk to our GP.

Other Chemists

Grace
GraceRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good in a pinch but expensive

I have a specific dose that they do not provide and they don’t have my mothers medication on here either but for other medications it’s good if I have lost a script or don’t have it with me. Super expensive but convenient. Facebook customer service could use some more training. Overall it’s a rip off but will use in emergency and super helpful for medical certificates

Chemists

Find out how InstantScripts compares to other Chemists

Sam
SamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good service, easy to use

not sure why I had to pay so much or why my healthcare card or Medicare card doesn’t cover the cost, but besides that a very good and convenient service

Instant T.InstantScripts

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Unfortunately, we can't change what Medicare covers.
But we do what we can to save a few hours of your time while charging you as little as possible.
Thank you for using InstantScripts!

David W.
David W.asked

I have up to a dozen scripts per month and my wife has a couple. In my case, one script requires an approval before my doctor can write the script. Does this complicate matters? Is a consultation required each time? Does the $15 charge apply to one order (e.g. up to a dozen scripts) or to each prescription. I assume the individual pharmacy's home delivery policies and charges apply?

Tony-Sherry B.
Tony-Sherry B.

Hi, sorry not sure. Something you may want to ask them directly. Thanks

C H.
C H.

I think this service is for emergency after-hours or when you only need one script occasionally. What you describe is ongoing. I suggest you arrange with your local pharmacy to keep your doctor’s scripts on file and to send them out to you upon your request. I have this arrangement with my local pharmacy and it works well. InstantScript is great but it doesn’t seem designed for what you describe. It would be far too costly as well.

Instant T.InstantScripts

Hi David, we don't recommend you request dozen of scripts via express service. We recommend you request a doctor consultation with our doctor ($40) and discuss all your needs with our GP.
Note, our doctors can not prescribe some medication, you'll see more details on the consultation request page.

Martin C.
Martin C.asked

My pharmacist requires the original script for my Symbicort 400/12, which he has faxed a copy of. Can you send him the Original Script ASAP?

Tricia Mccamish
Tricia Mccamish

When I ordered my script on here it asked for my chemist and sent me an email with a barcode to take to the chemist for the script. I got my medication the same day

Mel
Melasked

How is the chemist (script is sent to) determined? Do I choose or do you? If I nominate a chemist am I required to provide their contact details?

Instant T.InstantScripts

You can choose a pharmacy from https://www.instantscripts.com.au/locations.
Or if your local pharmacy isn't there, they can sign up at https://www.instantscripts.com.au/for-pharmacies/.
Or you can ask us to add a pharmacy.

Paetra
Paetra

There's a drop down menu that lists all the pharmacies in a 5km radius from the address you enter or when you press the location arrow

Get an answer from our members and InstantScripts representatives