InStitchu

Brisbane Institchu

Store LocationBrisbane
Jaswahn

Jaswahn

worst suit I've ever bought, lasted 4 months at most.

This was the first tailor made suit I've bought, and it will be the last. it was the worst fitting suit Ive ever put on. Sleeves on the jacket were too short, too tight, I couldnt button the jacket up and I had LOST weight since the suit measure, the pants looked like I was expecting a flood, the leg cuffs were above my ankles and the amount of butt crack i needed to show to get the length right would put a plumber to shame. This suit would have been marginally acceptable if I was going to imitate Ariana Grande, get wheeled to my destination and just stand there trying to look alive, but I walk, sit, bend to get in and out of cars and generally move, this suit hindered this greatly.

Store LocationCivic Store
InStitchu
Claire P.InStitchu
Tom

TomNortheast, VIC

$1200 suit I’m too embarrassed to wear!!

Spent $1200 on a suit. It arrived in good time but the seams at the shoulders are terrible and uneven. I wrote to customer support and they suggested I didn’t measure myself correctly (lies!) and that i drive 3.5 hrs to see one of their showrooms - what? Poor product at a high price!

Clothing Shops & Brands

Store LocationBrisbane
Doug

DougAlice Springs, NT

Abysmal

My two suits, two pairs of trousers and five shirts arrived this week. The trousers did not come within two and a half inches of my waist measurement, the suit jackets were of poor quality, and the shirts were barely long enough to tuck comfortably into my trousers and they had a buckle between the top button and second buttons. I am extremely disappointed and will be seeking a full refund. Their offer to adjust the garments to fit is meaningless as the measurements are so far out. I cannot recommend this company.

Store LocationAdelaide
Product AppearanceNot as advertised

1.5 MONTHS, 4 FITTINGS IN TOTAL, POOR FITTINGS - Better off buying off the rack from elsewhere and tailoring from there.

Store LocationGeorge St

Terrible customer service

Store LocationGeorge St
Bryce

BryceSydney

Update - Well Over $6000 Worth Of Suits Falling Apart

After purchasing several suits from Institchu (4+), they have all developed substantial damage - arising after only 2 years of ownership. Institchu explained that this is the wear and tear they expect from their products, despite not explaining or warning of this prior to purchase. If you want your products to last longer than 2 years, I'd strongly recommend finding another suit supplier.

KJM

KJMasked

Pricing ? Standard business suit , sports jacket, business casual slacks. Reasonable textile (woolmark), conservative cut and fit. ball park ok

Graham
Graham

Well researched and price is spot on! Thank you!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!asked

Hi, I am getting married in March and my fiancée and I took our groomsmen to Institchu to see what they had to offer and get a quote. We were happy with the details but a little taken aback that they wanted full payment up front before the order would be made up. We feel a little vulnerable
about paying in full as it potentiallyleaves you with no recourse to question the quality or workmanship. As a comparison, my wedding dress is a bespoke dress and is currently being made overseas for delivery in January. I have paid half the amount with the remainder due on receipt. I rang to discuss with the terms with the Institchu salesperson but she advised it was a company policy and she had no way to change that. Given that it is a substantial amount of money to outlay I was wondering what other people’s thoughts are on the issue? I see that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive with the final product and that is heartening at least.
Thanks,
Karen

Steveb
Steveb

They have the perfect fit guarantee which should give you some comfort. The suits are bespoke also, but are far less pricey than a wedding dress. I would imagine that if someone paid 50% for a few suits but didn’t pay the other 50% it would result in substantial loss to instichu (no idea what their mark up is but I doubt it’s 50%). You can send the suit back as many times as you like until you are happy with the fit and you don’t pay for alterations. I’ve found the workmanship and materials to be of outstanding quality. All my best formal/business clothes have come from instichu, that goes for the fit, material quality, style and workmanship. I would be very comfortable if I were you. In my experience alterations take about 1 week so don’t leave it too long before the wedding to order so that you leave time for one to two alterations if needed. Also it takes a month for delivery so keep that in mind. Speak to Georgia at the Clarence St Sydney shop. She knows it all and should provide you with some comfort. Good luck for the big Day

Thanks for your reply Steveb. Appreciated.

Get an answer from our members and InStitchu representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Clothing Shops & Brands