InStitchu

1.7

James

JamesCanberra 2600, ACT

Absolute garbage customer service

Was measured in the North Sydney store by a woman who struggled to listen to what I wanted. Had the suit delivered to Canberra which failed to arrive prior to the event (was lost in transit). The shirt that was made to measure was based off the incorrect fit type and was to tight around my fore arms. Retail staff failed to understand the importance of keeping the customer apprised of suit remake milestones and would not take ownership of the problem. Would never recommend to anyone. $900 suit paid for 3 months prior to event.

Store LocationNorth Sydney / Canberra
SizingSlightly small
Product AppearanceNot as advertised

KJM

KJMasked

Pricing ? Standard business suit , sports jacket, business casual slacks. Reasonable textile (woolmark), conservative cut and fit. ball park ok

Graham
Graham

Well researched and price is spot on! Thank you!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!asked

Hi, I am getting married in March and my fiancée and I took our groomsmen to Institchu to see what they had to offer and get a quote. We were happy with the details but a little taken aback that they wanted full payment up front before the order would be made up. We feel a little vulnerable
about paying in full as it potentiallyleaves you with no recourse to question the quality or workmanship. As a comparison, my wedding dress is a bespoke dress and is currently being made overseas for delivery in January. I have paid half the amount with the remainder due on receipt. I rang to discuss with the terms with the Institchu salesperson but she advised it was a company policy and she had no way to change that. Given that it is a substantial amount of money to outlay I was wondering what other people’s thoughts are on the issue? I see that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive with the final product and that is heartening at least.
Thanks,
Karen

Steveb
Steveb

They have the perfect fit guarantee which should give you some comfort. The suits are bespoke also, but are far less pricey than a wedding dress. I would imagine that if someone paid 50% for a few suits but didn’t pay the other 50% it would result in substantial loss to instichu (no idea what their mark up is but I doubt it’s 50%). You can send the suit back as many times as you like until you are happy with the fit and you don’t pay for alterations. I’ve found the workmanship and materials to be of outstanding quality. All my best formal/business clothes have come from instichu, that goes for the fit, material quality, style and workmanship. I would be very comfortable if I were you. In my experience alterations take about 1 week so don’t leave it too long before the wedding to order so that you leave time for one to two alterations if needed. Also it takes a month for delivery so keep that in mind. Speak to Georgia at the Clarence St Sydney shop. She knows it all and should provide you with some comfort. Good luck for the big Day

Thanks for your reply Steveb. Appreciated.

Get an answer from our members and InStitchu representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Clothing Shops & Brands