InStitchu

InStitchu (page 2 of 2)

Ben C

Ben CSydney

Average service, average product, average experience.

steve

stevesydney

poor quality product. not worth the trouble

Awful service. Really unprofessional.

Shirts still don't fit after 4 rounds (6 months) of refits. Many wasted visits. They even lost my measurements. Now I'm 2 weeks into waiting on my refund (which I was told would take 7-10 days). Scam.

Update:
I was contacted by Institchu asking I remove this review, even though they do not deny what happens. This fact alone makes me lose their trust. How many of their reviews are tampered? Or even real?
To their credit, I eventually got my refund and complementary shirts. So they are probably not a scam; just very poor execution on an otherwise good business model. Still, if I could give them 0 stars I would - for all the time and trouble they've caused me and for asking me to delete a truthful review.

Clothing Shops & Brands

Find out how InStitchu compares to other Clothing Shops & Brands

Adam D

Adam DSydney

Give yourself plenty of time for them to get the sizing right

My wedding suit turned out very good for the price, I would recommend for a one day suit that you wouldn't wear regularly.

The three business suits I purchased took far too long to get the sizing right, I ended up using my own tailor to get them right.

The service they provide is terrible - I have had several friends buy business suits and none of them were happy with the final product, service and difficulty to get the sizing right.

DanMelb

DanMelbMelbourne

Poor customer service and low quality suit

Went in with high hopes and came out with a sub par product and simply terrible service by their so called 'customer service' team. sent in my tailored suit to obtain the exact measurements and received another suit that was totally off? How?? seriously. was then asked to go to the Vic Office in 101 collins to obtain correct measurements. waste of time and also the materials used are bad, its only also half canvassed. the suit is an embarassment. was offered a free shirt as a gift. placed order on 2nd June for it, nothing received ye and depsite my constant follow ups, nobody seems to want to help...bad company, bad product> do not buy!
The website is all that I can approve of
Bad suit, bad service and shocking overall experience.

So many errors! Not professional tailoring

Matt

MattSunshine Coast

Items made wrong. Awful Quality. Worst Follow-up Service Ever.

Henry

Henryperth

Couldnt even buy the product

Spent 15 minutes measuring myself up and got everything in the basket. However it didn't let my checkout because it kept asking me to update my size even though I had done it 10 times. Ended up logging out trying again only to lose all my measurements and item selection. Waste of time.Seriously Institchu sort your site out, totally unacceptable and you've just lost a $500 order. Going to buy off Indochino instead.

Bad purchasing platform

Steve

SteveCity

Bad ordering system, unable to make modifications.

I can't comment on the quality of the product, but I had many issues with the web site.
When I changed something on the items, I ended up having a new product of the same type added to the Shopping Cart without making the requested change on what I initially ordered.
Email customer support is great, but after 2 major issues (I lost all items in the Shopping Cart first) I ended up to use this system. The idea is great though, I hope someone will built a more reliable system in the future.
Idea, design, wide options of customization, email support.
The ordering system is full of bugs. Couldn't place the order as the result.

Clothing Shops & Brands

Find out how InStitchu compares to other Clothing Shops & Brands

Don't ever use this company

I made an order for 3 shirts and nearly 3 months later still waiting for my order to arrive. Original order was incorrect so still waiting for the replacement to arrive. Customer service is severely lacking and impossible to get a straight answer about my order. It's a great idea in theory but if Institchu can't deliver on a simple order of 3 shirts what is the point. Who knows maybe the shirts will be decent...if i ever get them!!

Poor customer service, failure to live up to promises

Save your money and go somewhere else

Have had several friends buying suits here for various occasions. They advertise high quality super wool, but in reality it feels cheap. The measurements were way off and the cut fit poorly. All their other suits off the rack look fine but these don't look like a custom suit at all!!

Avoid at all costs!
Nice looking website.
poor quality, material and fit.

linniez88

linniez88Sydney, NSW

Suits were made 5-9cms off measurement!!!

KJM

KJMasked

Pricing ? Standard business suit , sports jacket, business casual slacks. Reasonable textile (woolmark), conservative cut and fit. ball park ok

Graham
Graham

Well researched and price is spot on! Thank you!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!asked

Hi, I am getting married in March and my fiancée and I took our groomsmen to Institchu to see what they had to offer and get a quote. We were happy with the details but a little taken aback that they wanted full payment up front before the order would be made up. We feel a little vulnerable
about paying in full as it potentiallyleaves you with no recourse to question the quality or workmanship. As a comparison, my wedding dress is a bespoke dress and is currently being made overseas for delivery in January. I have paid half the amount with the remainder due on receipt. I rang to discuss with the terms with the Institchu salesperson but she advised it was a company policy and she had no way to change that. Given that it is a substantial amount of money to outlay I was wondering what other people’s thoughts are on the issue? I see that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive with the final product and that is heartening at least.
Thanks,
Karen

Steveb
Steveb

They have the perfect fit guarantee which should give you some comfort. The suits are bespoke also, but are far less pricey than a wedding dress. I would imagine that if someone paid 50% for a few suits but didn’t pay the other 50% it would result in substantial loss to instichu (no idea what their mark up is but I doubt it’s 50%). You can send the suit back as many times as you like until you are happy with the fit and you don’t pay for alterations. I’ve found the workmanship and materials to be of outstanding quality. All my best formal/business clothes have come from instichu, that goes for the fit, material quality, style and workmanship. I would be very comfortable if I were you. In my experience alterations take about 1 week so don’t leave it too long before the wedding to order so that you leave time for one to two alterations if needed. Also it takes a month for delivery so keep that in mind. Speak to Georgia at the Clarence St Sydney shop. She knows it all and should provide you with some comfort. Good luck for the big Day

Thanks for your reply Steveb. Appreciated.

Get an answer from our members and InStitchu representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Clothing Shops & Brands