Not what I thought

Paul
Bradley

BradleyMelbourne

Good customer services

I wasn't happy with the manufacturing location of my suit and was under the impression that it would be made in Australia. As it wasn't, the customer service team quickly refunded me my money on return of the items order.

AndySydney

Not exactly what you think

Claire P.InStitchu
Andy

EDIT: There were efforts made to fix the issues I had.

Clothing Shops & Brands

Find out how InStitchu compares to other Clothing Shops & Brands

Not quite perfect but would use them again

Great service from Tim Aquino with solid advice for styles and fabrics. Attended my office to do the fitting during business hours which certainly made it convenient! Bit of a delay on delivery due to a hold up with customs. Not InStitchu's fault however I did have to ring them to find this out, as opposed to them letting me know in advance. The clothes themselves fit perfectly first time, no adjustments needed. Pants felt a little tight but I was assured they would loosen up and that has proven to be the case. For the price I paid it would have been good to have two pairs of pants included. Quality seems great although time will tell. Overall not quite perfect but close to it and I would use them again.

Great product, shocking service from Thomasina

Loved the final product for myself and groomsmen.
First up consult was great.
After that everything with Thomasina was shocking. Contact with her if any was all reactive and it took 8 weeks rather than 4 weeks to get suits made. No replies to multiple emails and about 3 un-returned calls. Myles the manager who stepped in late in the experience was great.
Would recommend, just make sure you get the right person.

Ken

Ken

Pretty average overall

Service was great - Suits were average

Suits looked nice but didn't feel nice. finished product delivered on cheap wire coat hangers from dry cleaners - not so premium. no after sales follow up. Branding not genuine.

Great service though.

Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

The ultimate cost effective solution to quality-made clothing

Second order from Instichu. Great idea, great value. Their ordering system requires some work as I have had delays with both my orders. But, having said this - it is value for money. Dont expect italian craftmanship - you are having a suit tailored at a budget price. I will use them again.
Value for money
Delays

Clothing Shops & Brands

Find out how InStitchu compares to other Clothing Shops & Brands

MrLee

MrLeeSydney

First buy from InStitchu

I ordered a black jacket (basic item) to test out the tailoring. I used measurements from the mport scanner so I was testing two things at once. The jacket took 4 and half weeks to arrive, the site advertise 3-4 weeks. The jacket fits perfectly and cost about the same or less than a similar item off the rack.
Price, fit and cut.
Arms are a little tighter than I am used to but not so tight I cant wear it. Took a bit longer than advertised to arrive.

Zach

ZachSydney

Great Product! Worth the (somewhat long) wait!

Suits were spot on!

KJM

KJMasked

Pricing ? Standard business suit , sports jacket, business casual slacks. Reasonable textile (woolmark), conservative cut and fit. ball park ok

Graham
Graham

Well researched and price is spot on! Thank you!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!

DONTUSEMETROMOVERS!asked

Hi, I am getting married in March and my fiancée and I took our groomsmen to Institchu to see what they had to offer and get a quote. We were happy with the details but a little taken aback that they wanted full payment up front before the order would be made up. We feel a little vulnerable
about paying in full as it potentiallyleaves you with no recourse to question the quality or workmanship. As a comparison, my wedding dress is a bespoke dress and is currently being made overseas for delivery in January. I have paid half the amount with the remainder due on receipt. I rang to discuss with the terms with the Institchu salesperson but she advised it was a company policy and she had no way to change that. Given that it is a substantial amount of money to outlay I was wondering what other people’s thoughts are on the issue? I see that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive with the final product and that is heartening at least.
Thanks,
Karen

Steveb
Steveb

They have the perfect fit guarantee which should give you some comfort. The suits are bespoke also, but are far less pricey than a wedding dress. I would imagine that if someone paid 50% for a few suits but didn’t pay the other 50% it would result in substantial loss to instichu (no idea what their mark up is but I doubt it’s 50%). You can send the suit back as many times as you like until you are happy with the fit and you don’t pay for alterations. I’ve found the workmanship and materials to be of outstanding quality. All my best formal/business clothes have come from instichu, that goes for the fit, material quality, style and workmanship. I would be very comfortable if I were you. In my experience alterations take about 1 week so don’t leave it too long before the wedding to order so that you leave time for one to two alterations if needed. Also it takes a month for delivery so keep that in mind. Speak to Georgia at the Clarence St Sydney shop. She knows it all and should provide you with some comfort. Good luck for the big Day

Thanks for your reply Steveb. Appreciated.

Get an answer from our members and InStitchu representatives

CategoryPhysical Shops and Clothing Shops & Brands