InStyler Ceramic Styling Shells

InStyler Ceramic Styling Shells

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Heather

Heather

All is not what it seems.....

K50

K50SYDNEY

Fast but doesn't look as good as a curler.

PROS:
- curls are long lasting. They usually last me the day with a bit of hairspray.
- minimal frizz
- plenty of shells. Unless I'm doing very tight curls there is usually enough to completely cover my head.
- provides volume if you do the pin-curl bit the right way.
- less damage to hair. No burning hair smells like with a straightener.
- can multi-task while the curls set, letting them last longer.

CONS:
- "clean" curls are hard to achieve. The techniques for different styles of curls certainly takes practice. Because of this the curls are a little messier looking.
- burned fingers. It's not uncommon for me to hurt my fingers trying to hold the curl and then place the shell around it.

TheGiantGirl

TheGiantGirl

Great time saver for those with lots of hair

Annieshouse

Annieshouse

Best curls I've ever had

I see there are some bad reviews because they tried to get it save money and got a knock off version or don't know how to use it. Let me tell you this is the easiest curling tool you will ever use.
I found it easy but for some it could take some practice. Once you get the hand of what size curls should go where you will love this product. It used to take about half an hour to curl my hair now it takes about 8 minutes.
Do yourself a favour and buy one for perfect curls every time.

Pippa Pascoe

Pippa PascoeSydney, NSW

Love it!

Best piece of hair equipment I own. 1 or 2 problems though, curls don't Spring and fingers get burned a tad here and there. Easy to use, especially for beginners. But it's worth the money.

SammijdQLD, 4503

Curls like no other! GREAT

Initially I bought a set online and when it arrived it had a USA plug. I tried to using an adapter and I blew it up immediately. This was totally MY BAD.
I ended up getting an Australian set on a Carasol, and I LOVE it! The curls are super cute, and different to results from a curling wand.
It DOES take a little practice but its not difficult.
The instyler shells are easy to use and the curls stay in all day!
I have quite long hair, past the bottom of my shoulder blade, and all my hair fits in the shells easily.

jaya36

jaya36SA, 5169

Wish it Had The Case Like The US Version!

Tess_x

Tess_xSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product, but takes a little practice

A little tricky to begin with but it did get easier once I worked out how to wrap the hair. The curls last all day and are well defined.

love the ceramic shells

I have had so many compliments. My hair is past shoulders and very straight - the curl lasts the whole day. Thanks Instyler.

Great product! Saves time, better than regular curler

It's a little harder than in the ads but when u get use to it its way easier, it doesn't burn ur hair and lasts hours!

MummaBatty

MummaBattyNewcastle

Easy to use, Great results :)

I bought this for myself for my birthday last month (from TARGET) and have used it a handful of times already. It's really quite simple to use and I found my curls lasted very well. I did use a little hair spray on them once I took the clips out though. Overall I'm very happy with this product. I found that I can put the curling clips in then do something else whilst it sets like eating breaky or doing my make-up then you just unclip them, run your fingers roughly through your hair and give it a little spray with hairspray off you go. Big glamorous curls :)

JabyByron

JabyByronQueensland, Australia

Be careful where you buy

I purchased from instylerceramicshells.com it looks like a legitimate site but when it was delivered it came in a plastic bag, and the box was all crushed. When i opened I immediately noticed a European plug with Australian adapter, which was so bent the adapter plug won't stay on and it doesn't even have the InStyler brand name. I straight away contacted the seller and they asked for evidence. Ever since then I have heard nothing. This product is from Malaysia. Please DO NOT buy this! Be extremely careful! I have contacted the InStyler company, counterfeit websites and overseas consumers to report this company. If you have had the same problem, please report it!

Leisa S

Leisa S

Difficult to use and nearly impossible to return

These are hard to use and give messy, irregular curls. The company makes it very difficult to contact them to return them, I was put on hold and then hung up on over and over. I've actually got to cancel my card so they don't keep taking money off it! Don't buy!

Honest Reviewer28

Honest Reviewer28Australia

Makes hair look frizzy, messy & does not curl hair – PIECE OF JUNK!

It was very difficult to use. My hair looked messy and frizzy. The curls are frizzy rather than nice proper curls. It is very expensive and a cheaply made product. TV advert is so misleading. Would not recommend this.

Lyn ABrisbane

Very difficult to use.

CaitlinRaymond Terrace, New South Wales

Love it

Obsessed with products

Obsessed with productsEvanston

I love it!

It takes a bit of practice, but the results are awesome. Just a touch of heat protection spray before setting the hair, and no hairspray needed. Turn it as I get up, have my coffee, then set my hair. I then get dressed and do all my bits n pieces (make up, breakfast) and then it is done. So quick and easy. I love it!!

AJNSW - Liverpool

Not worth the money

I admit I was extremely excited to purchase the ceramic shells, and to my disappointment they were alot harder to use then first thought, I spent hours on youtube watching others from the across the world use this product and my hair never once looked anything like what was being advertised. The best curl my hair got was more like a wave than a curl, and needed to put hair spray (which I hate using) to keep the wave in my hair for longer than 30 mins. If I could return it for a full money back guarantee I would. There are better products on the market, and will definitely be looking into them.

Linda - Oz

Linda - OzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is much tougher to use than it looks in the advertisements

MummaBatty

MummaBattyasked

Caitlin from Raymond Terrace. Where did you buy your styling shells? I don't want to buy from online or infomercial. I've heard that some TARGET shops have it.

Robyn4957
Robyn4957

The Shaver Shop stocks this product. Hope this helps. Robyn

Sammijd

Picked mine up on Gumtree :-)

una.chuang.39

una.chuang.39asked

Is there anyones not happy with their Instyler shells is willing to sell them to me?( I'm in Australia)
if so, please contact me by 0423 714 073
Una
thx!

Wolffsgirl
Wolffsgirl

Did you buy them yet?

wejean

wejeanasked

Does anyone know how long does the curl last?

AJ

Truthfully i found the wave/curl to last a short while possibly an hour at best baring in mind i had no product in my hair and even after I sprayed hair spray it lasted no longer than without any spray

Caitlin

I curled my hair at about midday, curls remained relatively intact until I went to bed at about 9ish. Although a few had started to loose some of the curl around 4ish but I had been playing with them and touching them. Best advice is to spray a little gel or styling product on before you curl, then a light spritz of hairspray after. So basically what you would normally do when curling your hair

GM

Yes I put a light coat of spray on it or some holding mist and it lasts whole day. I h ave read the reviews and am surprised at negative feedback. Maybe it depends on the type of hair one has.

Get an answer from our members and InStyler representatives