InsureandGo Australia

International, Domestic (See All)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by InsureandGo Australia

• 1-2 weeks (88)
    • 2-4 weeks (117)
    • 1-2 months (91)
    • 3+ months (87)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (281) · No (174)

Not happy client..
Not happy client..Melbourne

Absolutely rubbish and Crap service- RIP OFF - Do not buy from this company !!!

1 star is not even enough as should be zero..Bought a gold policy for Fiji for 10 days and paid extra for cover as flights were rescheduled due to bad weather in Nadi on 9th Jan so made a claim for out of pocket accommodation. Declined the claim using Covid 19 excuse and absolutely horrible and gutter service. Complained to Financial ombudsman and will not deal again..Zero customer service and a pathetic attitude to email follow responses. Go somewhere and do not bother to buy with this company..

Stan
StanSouth East Queensland, QLD

RIP OFF INSURANCE COMPANY

I unfortunately needed to cancel my International Travel Insurance policy due to COVID. My policy cost was around $138 and this company took $50 out of my refund for nothing. YES thats right, they kept $50 of my money for NO REASON.
I would never use this company again RIP OFFS

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Made No
KezPerth, WA

Even one star isn't bad enough

My objective opinion of this company is to advise potential clients to go elsewhere.
We had comprehensive cover pre-COVID for a trip we couldn't go on because of 2020 lockdowns. InsureandGo not only refused to pay out on our comprehensive cover but refused to let us know of their decision until we threatened action via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.
Please note, this review process requires an answer about our travel destination. I have therefore indicated a trip to Europe, which was fully booked, but which pandemic travel restrictions did not allow us to take.

Kez

Good afternoon Ava. Unfortunately, I'm way past dealing with Insure and Go. I have no faith in your organisation.
Regards

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Garbage Insurance do not use this company

RussellPerth, WA

$12.80 cents back

Please do not use insureandgo. I payed $186 dollars for my trip to Thailand in 2019 for gold travel insurance 9 months before covid 19. And when my trip got cancelled insureandgo only were prepared to give myself back $12.60 cents credit back,not my $ 186 dollars which i already payed. They are a total disgrace of a company.

Russell

I will make it my mission to inform people not to use your company. I already have informed 15 of my friends to not use your travel insurance. Hope your company goes under. Have a nice day.

This was the first time we have used this company and choose it because it was CHOICE reccomended at the time! We took this insurance out for a special European trip, which we unfortunately had to cancel due to COVID. They were unprofessional, disinterested, repetitive in their requests for Information. Constantly asking for information that had already been emailed. Finally after many months and many phone calls we received a letter advising they were only prepared to pay a few hundred dollars in settlement of our claim!

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hello Allison P, I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the quality of service provided by our team. If you wish to, you can lodge a formal complaint by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au.

Anna

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Stephen
StephenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never again

I have used Insureandgo a number of times for both domestic and international travel. Their online application is easy and their prices are competitive. Fortunately on those earlier trips I did not need to claim. This time was different when I had to cancel my round the world trip due to the COVID pandemic. Despite fighting for and receiving refunds for almost all of my trip I am left almost a year later with insureandgo refusing to process my claim for the 2k I could not recover. I paid over $900 more than two years ago but have been met with a stubborn refusal to read or respond to my emails. Great travel insurance..unless you need to claim.

david lewisPerth, WA

It is to be hoped that Insure&Go doesn’t have the word “integrity” in its Mission Statement!
After almost 4 months since my travel insurance claim (approx. $5k) was lodged and the ensuing 2-stage process of MAPFRE complaint/dispute assessment after rejection, I&G has paid. The policy included cancellation due to pandemics. The insurance company stated that I should have accepted vouchers/credits even though I had stated that we were not intending to travel internationally post-Covid, and that the policy period was for an event with end-date.
I can only assume that my genuine and earlier threat to refer the claim to the AFCA (ombudsman, arbitrator) was the factor, so I&G probably used the “try-on” first. So “buyer beware” of this company!

Darryl B.
Darryl B.Queensland

The policy was great value. My wife had a brain bleed whilst overseas in Japan and had emergency surgery to take part of the scull out. Insureandgo made sure that the financial side of things were being sorted which was a relief to me as I was concentrating on my wife’s injury. When the time came to fly out Insureandgo paid the hospital bill so we could go home to Australia. When we got back home they had paid me out for all my bills within 2 weeks of returning. I recommend InsureandGo to everyone who is going overseas.

G. MathesonTraralgon

Exactly why insurance companies get a bad reputation.

G. Matheson

All good until you need a genuine claim.

Assured by staff over the phone twice before leaving Sydney we were covered for pandemic, so this conversation should have been recorded. Trip curtailment due to pandemic after we had left Singapore, yes they paid partial refund of airfare back from quarantine in WA to Sydney under duress. Have claimed for cruise balance not used and they cannot even respond. Never use this company again, customer service is just emails stating why they couldn’t even pay airfare home. Never recommend to anyone.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michelle, I'm sorry that you had a negative experience, and I would encourage you to bring your complaint to the attention of complaints@insureandgo.com.au if you would like to escalate your complaint. Thanks, Anna

Michelle
Michelle

Ok thanks I will send yet another email .

shhhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off

Despite purchasing our travel insurance in early 2019, when we requested a refund of the policy amount due to Covid cancelling our trip, we were offered $42 of the over $200 we paid for the policy. This is despite the fact the company did absolutely nothing for us when our trip was cancelled. We organised all our refunds through P and O, who were brilliant. If this Insurance company acts in this way over a refund of the policy amount, I believe they would be terrible to try to obtain a claim payment from. We've used the company a number of times before, needless to say we won't be using them again.

shhh

Cruise was cancelled before departure. Your company received money for absolutely nothing.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Penny-pinching is a bad look.

We requested a refund due to Covid cancelling our trip. First we were told no refund was possible, despite no claim being made on the policy, which was purchased months before the Pandemic. Now they're offering less than 25% of the premium as a refund. Penny-pinching in this way doesn't bode well if you need to make a claim, so we won't be insuring with them again now that we're rebooking our trip.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Dear Gazman, I'm sorry that you've had a negative experience, and I would advise you to contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au if you would like to further discuss your pro-rata refund. Thanks, Anna

Gazman.
Gazman.
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Gazman, have you received a response yet? If not, let me know and I'll follow up on your complaint on your behalf. Thanks, Anna

john
johnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Pre covid purchase, expect to receive only approximately 2 thirds of purchase price.

Pre covid travel insurance purchase, expect to receive only approximately 2 thirds of purchase price. Obviously we will not choose this company for future travel. Text requires more words so blah blah blah.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi John, I'm sorry that the pro-rata refund was not acceptable for you. Thanks, Anna

David Kennedy
David Kennedyasked
International Travel Insurance

We are travelling to Uk through Singapore and Munich and then on to USA via Frankfurt to Atlanta, returning to Australia through San Francisco. What are the covid restrictions and test that are required? Email Address is kennedy458@optusnet.com.au. Quote ref 93834361.
Thanks for your help. David

Paula O
Paula Oasked
International Travel Insurance - Gold

Hello,

On the 29.2.2020 I took out insurance with Insure and Go for a trip to Antarctica in March 2021. The trip was cancelled and we got a voucher. Are we able to get any of the cost of the premium (or a voucher) back given we are not lodging a claim. Thanks. Paula

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hello Paula, thank you for your question. Please email info@insureandgo.com.au and the team will be able to detail your options.

Ava

JMH
JMHasked
InsureandGo Australia

Are we covered if our trip is cancelled due to cyclone activity? (Trip to North Qld island upcoming)

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hello JMH, I do apologise your question was missed.

When you purchase a domestic policy with InsureandGo, you do have the option to purchase our Natural Disaster Upgrade, which provides Cancellation Cover prior to departure, if you cannot travel because a natural disaster has caused your travel service provider to cancel your pre-paid service and does not provide an alternative. This does not include natural disasters which were known at the time of purchasing this insurance however. Do let us know if this does not answer your question.

Anna

Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000Not Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$15,000$15,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$500Not Included
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250$500Not Included
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (single article/set of items)$2,000 (electronic devices), $500 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$500 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$5,000$8,000$2,000 (excluding electronic devices and valuables)
Ancillary
GolfOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
CruiseNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 12 InsureandGo Australia