InsureandGo Australia Questions & Answers

191 questions from our users

John

Johnasked

InsureandGo Australia

Can I take out insurance cover for a 12 month period to cover a number of yet to be planned short trips in Australia only? Partner not allowed to travel overseas for health reasons.
John

GTM
GTM

Why would you direct this question to me. I complained about their service. I DON'T work for them. Contact the Insurer.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi John, thanks for reaching out - good question. Unfortunately, our annual multi trip policy does not currently cover travel within Australia, apart from if you are travelling on a domestic cruise within Australian territorial waters. I would recommend you purchase one-trip domestic policies for your short trips within Australia. Thanks, Anna

Rosco94

Rosco94asked

InsureandGo Australia

We are going overseas 2020 next year. When putting in our ages for a quote do we put the age we will be when travelling or as it is now if I purchase it now. We are purchasing insurance now for if there’s cancellation/delays etc.

Lukeylight
Lukeylight

As with all insurances your current age. Try 1Cover i will be going back to them
Used them for many years.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Rosco, thanks for the question. You should enter the age you are now, and later in the quote process you will have a chance to add your full date of birth. We just need to know the age you are when you purchase the policy. Please note, however, that the start date of your travel cannot be more than 12 months away from the date of you purchasing your policy. For example, you would be unable to purchase a one trip policy today, for a holiday that will start on 12th October 2020. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out. Thanks, Anna

Rosco94

Rosco94asked

InsureandGo Australia

Heading out to Phuket for two weeks. We usually take travel insurance with cover more but shopped around and found Insure and Go’s Gold policy to be $100 cheaper! Same preferences etc. After reading reviews for Cover More and this one I just need to know if Insure and Go are easy to deal with whilst overseas. Any major pros or cons?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Rosco, Anna here from InsureandGo, thanks for reaching out. I can confirm that as part of our cover we offer a 24/7 emergency assistance line on +612 9333 3999 to support you whilst you're overseas. When you call, our team will be able to provide assistance and advice for any emergencies you may have whilst overseas. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'd be happy to help. Thanks, Anna

Richard

Richardasked

InsureandGo Australia

We just had our hire car broken into and some of our luggage was stolen including passports phones iPad cameras clothes other items. We have tried to submit a claim online but it requires passport details which we don’t have now. We also tried to call reverse number on website but it is not working. Can you please advise what is covered and what you require? Police attended. Car in arming lot patrolled. I would appreciate a response. Thanks D

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Richard, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I have just sent you a message which provides details to assist with your current situation. If you need anything else, just get in touch. Thanks, Anna

MPA from South Australia

MPA from South Australiaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

Hi,
I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions:

Adelaide to -
Uk,
Norway,
Denmark,
Germany,
Austria,
Czech Republic,
Spain
In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3)
(Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA)
Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days
(Caribbean area)
Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando
Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days
(Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area)
Return to USA Fort Lauderdale
Head to:
Washington 5 days
New York 5 days
Fly home to Adelaide

Total days away 63

A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us.

Adventure activity:
During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip.

In light of the background I provided:

is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered)
Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)?
How much would a policy cost for this type of trip?

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Michael

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres.

Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him.

Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price.

I hope this helps.

Roderick

Roderickasked

InsureandGo Australia

Do I get any compensation for not receiving my baggage upon completion of a flight journey ?

Hi Roderick,
Baggage delay covered in our Silver and Gold policies. Baggage lost and stolen is included in all our policies. Please note baggage delay is not covered if your baggage is delayed on your return trip to Australia. However, lost or stolen baggage is covered even if this happened on your return trip to Australia. If you have any other questions, please contact us on 1300 401 177.

Theo

Theoasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Lisa56

Lisa56asked

InsureandGo Australia

Does your domestic policy cover if your flight is cancelled and have to stay and fly out next day?

Matthew R.
Matthew R.

Sorry I don't know I have an International policy not a domestic one.

Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes

I’ve never actually made a claim sorry.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi there Lisa, good question, thanks for getting in touch.

On our domestic policies, we will reimburse the cost of your necessary additional meals and accommodation expenses, if any individual leg of your trip is delayed is for more than 12 hours. There is a cap on the amount that can be claimed per 12 hours, and this amount depends on the type of policy you purchase. On Gold policies, it's capped at $50 per completed 12 hours, up to a total of $1,500. On Silver policies, it's capped at $50 per completed 12 hours up to a total of $500). On Bare Essentials policies, this coverage is not included.

I hope this helps.

Terry V.

Terry V.asked

InsureandGo Australia

We will be traveling to Bali & have pre-existing medical conditions that will be declared. If there is a need to be hospitalized do you pay the hospital directly, or do we have to pay & then be re-reimbursed

James

I wouldn’t use them at all! If you need to make a claim they are very hard to deal with and very rarely pay anyone out. I have heard 1cover is pretty good but I actually haven’t dealt with them!

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Terry, thanks for your question, I hope the below helps.

If you need any type of medical assistance at all, I would urge you to call our 24/7 assistance line on: +612 9333 3999.

This is because our assistance team will be able to provide recommendations and advice on your specific situation, rather than give a general answer. They can also liaise directly with the hospital.

In some circumstances, if it is reasonable and medically necessary to do so, we may guarantee payment to a hospital on your behalf, meaning you do not have to pay up front and claim back later. But this is evaluated on a case by case basis, and I cannot comment on whether your situation would be dealt with in this way.

However, if the medical cost is less the $500, we ask the insured to pay up front and claim when you return home.

Audris S.

Audris S.asked

HI
My wife & I plan to travel to Latvia for 7 days, UK for 13 days and Germany for 6 days leaving on 31st August. I am 66 and my wife 65 years of age.
My oncologist has approved the travel, as the travel period falls between my regular chemotherapy infusions and latest scan confirmed that treatment is proceeding without issue.
Are you able to quote travel insurance nominating any exclusions?
thanks in anticipation
Audris Smits

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Audris, thank you for your question about getting a quote.

Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to provide a quote, or confirm that we can provide coverage for any individual. But getting a quote is easy, and will only take you a few minutes, either over the phone (by calling 1300 401 177 from within Australia) or on our website. At InsureandGo, we consider all pre-existing medical conditions with no certificates required at the time of purchase.

If you're calling to get a quote, our customer service person will guide you through the whole process, including the declaration of your pre-existing conditions.

If you choose the online method, go to the website (www.insureandgo.com.au) and simply select your trip details, add some information about yourselves, and just before the payment stage you are able to lodge all of your pre-existing conditions. Click 'add medical conditions', search and select the conditions relevant to you and your wife, then answer a few questions about each.

I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your trip.

James

I wouldn’t risk it if I was you. The quote may be well priced but look at the reviews with people who actually make claims. They don’t pay out and make the process very long and drawn out. I would recommend 1cover. I have been advised by a couple of people they are easy to deal with. Hopefully it’s not too late! Enjoy your trip.

Kim
Kim

I Wouldn’t risk it either. The Medical Assistance number is a joke, InsureandGo or Mapfre ... goodness knows who they are but forms come from them as well ... did not liaise At ALL with the hospital. You have to do everything yourself, book airlines, emergency accommodation etc etc and pay medical, airlines, hotels, food expenses ... everything up front. Then the battle begins to get InsureandGo to reimburse the money.

Sued

Suedasked

InsureandGo Australia

My 85 year old mother in law is extremely ill and we are concerned that she will pass while we are away. We consequently think we should probably cancel our trip which has cost us nearly A$58,000. What documentation etc do we need to have a successful claim on our "gold" policy?

Woody
Woody

For our claims we contacted the claims department (the number is on your policy) and they provided us with a list of what we had to provide to them in order to process the claim. Referring to the Insure and Go pds could be useful also re what the policy covers.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Sued, thanks for getting in touch, and thank you for the fast, helpful response Woody.

I would second Woody's suggestion to read the PDS. Presuming you purchased a One Trip policy, and your travel has not yet commenced, you would benefit from reading through the Table Of Benefits, General Conditions, General Exclusions, and Section A of the One Trip PDS found here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. If you did not purchase a One Trip policy, then let me know which policy you did buy and I can guide you to the correct sections of the relevant PDS. The PDS for every policy we provide can be found on our website here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/policy-wordings.jsp.

Once you are familiar with the PDS, you can lodge a claim over the phone, by calling 1300 401 177, or online, here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/important-claims-information.jsp.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Anna Littleboy

Anna Littleboyasked

InsureandGo Australia

In your 'natural disaster' section, Mt Agung in Indonesia is listed as an event you will not provide cover for. This is dated from 2017. Is this permanently excluded from cover? And does that mean that if the volcano goes off and disrupts flights, we can't claim anything related to cancelled flights/accommodation etc?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Anna, thanks for the question.

You are right, we do not currently provide cover for claims that arise due to Mount Agung, although this could change in the future. We have, over the past couple of years, covered it for some periods of time, which can be seen on our travel alert for Mount Agung here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/mount-agung-travel-advice.jsp. And yes, that would mean that if a mount Mount Agung eruption causes disruption to your flights and accommodation, this would not be covered. Only medical would be covered. Hope this helps.

Dotasked

InsureandGo Australia

I have recently purchased a policy and paid the additional $$ for 'Natural Disasters' ... my policy document is endorsed 'Travel Disruptions' in the Additional Options Included section ... Can you please give me written confirmation that these to terms are synonymous
Regards D

Jacqui
Jacqui

I don’t know!

Hi Dot,

If you purchased a policy from InsureandGo Australia with Natural Disasters included, your policy certificate should mention "Natural Disasters". If you want me to double check your policy, please send me your policy number or give us a call on 1300 401 177.

Regards,

Anna
Thank you for replying ... My policy is noted "Travel Disruption" ... I was advised it is same ... would like written confirmation please ... I will try to PM you with the detail
Regards Dor

Pamkasked

InsureandGo Australia

I am trying to find in writing that Cruise Cover will actually cover me from the time I fly out of the country, for the travelling pre cruise, post cruise and the flight home.
Thanks Pam

Hi Pamk,

The best way to get any information about the details of your cruise cover is to read the Cruise Cover PDS. This contains important information about the policy, and breaks down each section of cover into what is covered, and what is not. There are different sections that discuss different parts of your travel, such as before your cruise departs, specific cruise related benefits, and returning home. This can be found here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-crs_tcm1005-157832.pdf. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Pamk

I agree and in fact I had read the document before I asked the question. The sales person on the phone said that everything cannot be written into the document but assures me in a call that is recorded that I am covered from the moment I leave home and for the week of travel prior to boarding the cruise. I would love to see that in writing perhaps you can assist by indicating the pages in the document that I have missed that talk about travel other than the cruise and cruise excursions etc Thanks

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Pamk, I can confirm that you are covered from the moment you leave home. I can also confirm that you are covered for the week of travel prior to boarding your cruise, but only if the week of travel prior to boarding is spent abroad. If the week prior to your boarding is spent in Australia, it is not covered. Hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Dotasked

In the PDS ... section F "accidental death" it says
Event 1 (c) All benefits for insured person aged
66 years or over Nil $12,500 $15,000 Nil
Can you please tell me where I can find full, easy to understand details of what this limitation would mean
Are there any other over 65 age related limitations

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Dot, thank you for your enquiry. Section F is the only section of our PDS with certain limits for travellers over 65 years of age. If you need to discuss our product in more detail, please give us a call on 1300 401 177 or email info@insureandgo.com.au

Thanks,

Masterm

Mastermasked

Hi

Does your cruise insurance cover ship to shore evacuation expenses if needed medically?

Veronica

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Veronica, yes our policies cover unlimited repatriation expenses in all overseas policies (including cruise policies). If you have any questions, contact us on 1300 401 177.

Regards,

Radovan vW.asked

InsureandGo Australia

Where can I download/print the FULL cover policy for QUOTE No.
33893204 or can you email it please -URGENT I need to purchase it soon..leaving in 4 days. R.von Winterberg

Radovan vW.

No need for anything, policy purchased

Hi Radovan,

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Katie F

Katie Fasked

InsureandGo Australia

Its often mentioned that it takes up to 10 business days for a claim to be accepted. We are travelling from NZ to South Africa and looking at taking out insurance but hospitals there, even ambulances in cases of emergency want guarantee of payment before they take you. How does InsureandGo handle this?
I dont want to be taken to a government hospital in an emergency in South Africa where I would likely die! I know because I used to live there.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Katie, thanks for getting in touch.

Please note we can only provider cover to Australian residents and your trip would need to start from Australia. Regarding your question: if you found yourself in need of medical treatment, you would need to contact our 24/7 emergency assistance line on +612 9333 3999, and we would be able to arrange the appropriate hospital arrangement etc. The claims process, which takes up to 10 days, is related to upfront payment which customers makes for non-emergency related items. If you are in an emergency, our 24/7 assistance team will arrange the hospital care and liaise directly with the ambulance, hospitals and sort out any payments. If you have any other questions, please call us on 1300 401 177. We will send you to a private hospital if it’s necessary and as per advice of our medical doctors.

Kerry

Kerryasked

InsureandGo Australia

Hi there. We live on Norfolk Island and are travelling to Australia. Can you please confirm we can use Insure & Go as some insurance companies seem confused about the status of Norfolk Island. Many thanks.

Hi Kerry, good question.

As long as you are an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or a Non-Permanent Resident with valid Medicare, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance in Australia, you can use us. Hope this helps.

Liss28asked

Hi
Im travelling to Norfolk Island - is this considered domestic travel or international ?
Also the car hire is included in my accomodation costs but have to pay extra to the hotel for the car insurance - I understand that insurance for the car rental is included in your policy so why would I have to pay for additional car insurance to the hotel?

Liss

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Liss28, thanks for reaching out.

Travelling to Norfolk Island you would need a domestic policy. In terms of the car rental excess waiver, we cover the rental car excess, but the rental car would still need to be insured - we don't provide the car insurance itself. This means that we will reimburse you the insurance excess that the rental car insurance charges to you through the rental car company. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Liss28

Hi Anna - so just to claify - on my return from Norfolk Island I would provide Insure & Go the receipt for the insurance excess Ihave paid and that would be reimbursed by your company?

Liss

Hi Liss,

You would only end up paying an excess to the rental car company if you have an accident or for any other reason you have to claim on the car insurance for the rental car. So in the event you need to claim on your rental car insurance, and they charge you an excess, you can make a claim to us to reimburse you for the excess you paid. You could make this claim once you return home from you holiday, as long as it's within 30 days of your return home.

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives