InsureandGo Australia Questions & Answers

Verifiedinsureandgo.com.au
Amy B. · InsureandGo Australia

I am flying Jetstar to Hawaii and worried that they will cancel or delay our flight. If this does occur, is the accommodation that we paid for (but miss out on due to later than expected arrival) covered?

Ray
Ray

I hope you haven’t taken out the policy yet! My issues with a cancellation claim sinks to new levels of stupidity everyday with this company. I hope others would reconsider purchasing a policy as it’s the reason you take out insurance to protect yourself against the unforeseen events, the last thing you want is to be stuffed around at claim time.

Amy B.

Its so hard finding a policy that has a good cancellation clause.

Raylene
Raylene · International Travel Insurance - Silver (Single Trip)

Hi there, my husband and I plan on going on a trip Alaska / Canada in sept 2024. Can you tell me if I should report (on behald of hubbie) a valve replacement heart surgery which took place in 2008. He is fine and has no ongoing treatment, just on medication.
thanks

John K
John K

I would carefully read their PDS. For all insurers you need to disclose any existing or pre-exsisting medical conditions. Based on what is disclosed they may choose to not cover that condition or adjust the premium to cover it. One thing for sure. Not disclosing it leaves you wide open to having a claim denied for that condition if you need to make a claim. Again the PDS explains yours and the insurers respndsibilities.
Regards

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Raylene, Thank you for your question. Regarding pre-existing medical conditions, as per the 'General Definitions' in our Product Disclosure Statement, A pre-existing medical condition is "any diagnosed medical condition which, in the last 5 years, you or any insured person has suffered from or has received any form of medical advice, treatment or medication for".

To determine whether your condition will be covered, you will need to complete the Medical Assessment during the purchase process online or one of our customer service representatives can assist you over the phone.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Doris
Doris · InsureandGo Australia

Hi I am looking at traveling solo to Italy next year, does your gold policy cover if a family member is sick prior to me leaving I can cancel my trip?

Shadi Ibrahim
Shadi Ibrahim · International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

If baggage is Lost, do we have to provide a receipt for each item lost? or do we Receive a lump sum for the Lost goods?

Nonna-belle
Nonna-belle · International Travel Insurance - Gold

My husband and I have booked a trip to Japan for March 2024 and airfares are included. If we should have connecting flights, and were to miss a connecting flight, would we be covered under the insurance policy we plan to choose? Thanks, Kathryn

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Nonna-Belle, Thank you for your question. As per our Product Disclosure Statement, we provide a Travel Delay benefit which pays you up to $50 per completed 12 hours up to $1000 on our Silver policy, and up to $150 per completed 12 hours up to $3000 on our Gold policy. Please note that your scheduled connecting flight would require a scheduled stopover of at least 6 hours to be eligible for the Travel Delay benefit. We do not cover the cost of the missed flight or any other expenses you may incur by missing your connecting flight due to a delay.

To find out more about your policy and coverage, please go through the PDS available at - external link

nick

They wouldn’t “actually” pay out so don’t bother

nick

Even if the airline canceled, goes bankrupt or decides to not refund, InsureandGo will still not reimburse you regardless of what their website says!

MarM
MarM

‼️ ‼️ EXTREMELY URGENT - DO NOT buy anything from this insurance company. ‼️ ‼️ We’ve been on the highest level (Gold) and have been stranded due to flight cancellations since 24/11/23 in South Africa with no money as all our savings went into the rebooking of accommodation, flights and car hires even though these were all paid upfront. Contacted InsureandGo from day one with the airline cancellation notice letter and up until now are still struggling to get any help/assistance from them. They now want paperwork from the relevant companies stating that no refunds / credits have been offered even though we are not in those regions anymore. With limited access to wifi and no money available I WILL take it further by reporting them to the ombudsman and all the news channels when we are back in Australia due to false advertising. On one of the first emails they even stated that “ Additionally, we are focused on supporting customers. If you are going through financial difficulty or other difficult circumstances, please contact us by phone on 02 9333 3999 so we can discuss options to support you better” which we are still waiting on. Our six week holiday have now turned into a nightmare with four weeks of struggling, stress and major anxiety with NO SUPPORT from InsureandGo!

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send us a private message with your policy number and we will look into this.
Thomas

Denis M.
Denis M. · Domestic Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials

We are a couple who is going on a domestic cruise with P&O to Ailie beach and Cairns, then back to Brisbane via Willis Islands. We only wish to be covered for medical and medical emergencies. What can you offer?
Many thanks

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Denis, Thank you for your question. For a quote, you can either call us on 1300 401 177 or visit our website on external link

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Narelle09 · International Travel Insurance

Phone number for Sydney please not malaysia

Leanne
Leanne

Narelle09

Thank you so much. It’s for a travel insurance claim.

Hi Narelle, To reach our Emergencies & Claims team, call us on +612 9333 3999

michelle dodwell
michelle dodwell

If I, a 64 year old female why do i get pregnancy included?

Narelle09 · InsureandGo Australia

Sydney phone number please not Malaysia

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Narelle, We hope you are okay. To reach our Emergencies & Claims team, call us on +612 9333 3999

Narelle09

Thank you. My husband is very Ill and we’ve lodged a claim. We couldn’t go to India recently.

Narelle09 · InsureandGo Australia

We need a SYDNEY PHONE NUMBER PLEASE, not malaysia

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Narelle, We hope you are okay. If you need to reach our Emergencies & Claims team, call us on +612 9333 3999.

For all other sales and services assistance, contact us on: 1300 401 177 (within Australia) or +6127201 9532 (outside Australia).

Jenny Dingle
Jenny Dingle · InsureandGo Australia

I will be traveling to Canada and America in 2024 and doing the inside passage do you cover for a cruise as well as flights?

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Jenny, Thank you for your question. Our Cruise Policy would cover for both.

If you would like assistance with this or want to go over any other details, you can give us a call on 1300 401 177 and we will be happy to assist.

Karen H.
Karen H. · InsureandGo Australia

Does the quote you gave me include cruise. Which I want it for

Kerrie A
Kerrie A · InsureandGo Australia

What is the cancellation policy and why is it double the price from last year

The Lady P
The Lady P

I suggest you contact I & Go direct.
I don't wish to be held liable for incorrect information.

Kerrie A
Kerrie A · InsureandGo Australia

What is the cancellation policy

Peter P
Peter P · International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Is there a special rate for Seniors card holders, and if so how do I access this?

Michael downes
Michael downes · InsureandGo Australia

Is there a time limit on coverage,I would like insurance for 9 months in Thailand

Caterina Panettieri
Caterina Panettieri · InsureandGo Australia

my partner and I have two elderly mothers : 93, 94 years, and want to know are we covered under a gold single trip policy for the cancellation of our trip both before we go and during should we need to cancel our holiday due to their hospitalisation or death?

Davo
Davo

I don't know the answer to this question you will have to contact Insureand Go directly.

Giuseppe
Giuseppe

not sure

Kath
Kath · InsureandGo Australia

Do you cover cruise passengers

Anonymous
Anonymous · InsureandGo Australia

I am travelling overseas and doing 2 Mediterranean cruises does cruise insurance cover both cruises in the one policy or do you need to take out separate travel insurance policies for each cruise or does cruise insurance include cover for both cruises

carol k.
carol k. · InsureandGo Australia

I want a year long insurance travel policy

Dishpan hands
Dishpan hands · InsureandGo Australia

Can anyone who has purchased Worldwide Cruise insurance AND CLAIMED tell me about their experiences during claiming please? Did they pay as expected, did they give you the run around, was repayment prompt, would you recommend? Thanks in advance

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives

Select a listing for your question