InsureandGo Australia

InsureandGo Australia Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verifiedinsureandgo.com.au
Marlon · InsureandGo Australia

The Cruise insurance seems to imply it only applies to Australian ports, not international. Even wording of policy statements imply it's Australian ports. Can you please clarify how I have cruise insurance for a cruise that starts and ends outside of Australia?

Rob
Rob

Sorry Marion, I can't answer your question as we are only flying to/from New Zealand and not during a cruise. Rob

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Marlon, Thank you for your question. You can get coverage for ports other than the Australian ports based on the destination you select. You can find out more about the regions by searching for 'geographical areas' in our product disclosure statement available here - external link

Marlon

thank you. it's just that there are a lot of clauses in the PDS - eg., E3 - "g 72 hours prior to the
time departing your first Australian port as stated on your itinerary and ending at the time the cruise leaves its first Australian port..." and E5 - "This cover commences a maximum of 72 hours prior to your Cruise departs your first Australian port, as stated on your itinerary."

Can you please clarify if those clauses do not provide any coverage for ports outside of Australia? THank you.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Marlon, Thank you for pointing that out. If you're on a cruise that is not departing from Australia, you will be covered under section E1. E3 is specifically for cruises departing from Australia.
Same for E5 as E4 is the section that will apply to you if your cruise is not departing from an Australian port.
This is really valuable feedback though which I have passed on to our team. We will look into how we can make this information more clear.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Marlon

Thanks. However, E1 is for during the trip, E3 is prior to the trip. Similarly E5 is for baggage delayed by airline/etc *before* boarding, but E4 is only *during* the trip, so it's still (unfortunately) unclear or open to misinterpretation.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Marlon, That's correct. However, definition of 'trip', which is covered under E1 is - "A single return holiday or journey beginning in Australia and ending in your home address in Australia.". You can find this under general definitions in the PDS. If it helps, one of our team members can give you call and go over this. Please send me a private message with your contact details and we'll get in touch with you.

Ruth L.
Ruth L. · InsureandGo Australia

I have lost the details of my policy for an upcoming US trip. Can you help me find them?
Ruth

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Ruth, Not a problem! We can definitely get a copy emailed to you. Can you please send us a private message with the email ID you used to purchase your policy.

Adele S.
Adele S. · InsureandGo Australia

Will my cruise insurance cover my flights as well?

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Adele, Thank you for your question. Our Cruise policies provide you with coverage for your means of transportation, including flights. To know more about what is covered, please go through our Product Disclosure Statement available here external link

ness
ness · International Travel Insurance - Silver (Single Trip)

If I am hospitalised while travelling who pays the hospital bill? Do I have to, then get reimbursed?

Terri Talbot
Terri Talbot

No idea. Better to ask the insurers directly.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Ness, Thank you for your question. We can work with the hospital directly, you just need to contact us on our 24/7 emergency assistance line to start the process. The number is +612 9333 3999 (reverse charge).

karen. E.
karen. E. · InsureandGo Australia

Is that including prescriptions medicines? example Excess.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Karen, Thank you for your question. Could you please clarify if your question is in relation to excess for prescription medication? I also suggest going through our Product Disclosure Statement to know more about excess and what is covered - external link

susan
susan · InsureandGo Australia

Do you cover for amateur rugby unionMy son will be playing for a couple of months while travelling in Canada

Rad
Rad · InsureandGo Australia

Does your Gold policy cover for Bodyboarding, the same as Surfing?

Kye M.
Kye M. · International Travel Insurance

Are we able to book worldwide on our insurance when travelling to Bali or must we use the Asia option.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Kye, Thank you for your question. We suggest selecting a travel plan for your travel destination. To know more about the countries included in each region, please refer to page 3 of our Product Disclosure Statement available here - external link

Frank M.
Frank M. · InsureandGo Australia

I'm 73. Travelling to Malaysia from 28.10.22 - 8.11.22. including Covid cover how much will it cost me?
Cheers.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Frank, Thank you for your question. If you'd like to get a quote, you can do so on our website external link  or by calling 1300 401 177.

Wendy O.
Wendy O. · InsureandGo Australia

If we were to take out travel insurance with you would we get our money back if anything was to happen like covid again as we insured with you when covid hit and did not get any of our money paid to you back . We had paid around $900.00 . A lot of money to loose for something that wasnt our fault .

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Wendy, We offer coverage for COVID-19 related events on our Silver and Gold policies. Please review the COVID 19 travel insurance benefits page on our website where you can find out more about what we cover- external link

Please also review our Product Disclosure Statement to know more about the inclusions we offer - external link

robert
robert · International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Hi, if im a passenger on a motor bike with my helmet on, am i fully covered with gold polcy?

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Robert, Yes. Under our InsureandGo One Trip policies, we cover you for any unforeseen and accidentally accident/injury you may sustain whilst motorcycling.

Please note that conditions do apply to this cover. Please refer to this page for more information about the conditions - external link

Please also refer to our Product Disclosure Statement to know more about what is covered - external link

Lane J.
Lane J. · InsureandGo Australia

I would like to know about experiences of people who have had to cancel, alter due to covid19 or illness was making a claim difficult, refused? Did you have sufficient coverage?

Mick Carf
Mick Carf

We were on a cruise in 2019 when covid started. The cruise ship was not able to return to any ports and a second cruise was cancelled. No insurance claims were required as we got refunds. Our flight home was free and a voucher provided for cancelled flights.

iCu
iCu

Sorry Lane,

I did not have any of that experience. Just read the fine print before purchase to ensure you get coverage on it.

Nat
Nat · InsureandGo Australia

If I get covid before I go, will I be covered for cancellation costs? All costs? Flights and accommodation?
If I get covid whilst overseas, will I be covered for extra accommodation stay due to isolating and medical expenses?

InsureandGo Australia   DM

HI Nat, Our Silver and Gold policies include coverage for Covid-19. You can find all the details around cancellation, medical expenses and other expenses here: external link

Happy
Happy

Your link doesn't work.

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Can you try this external link  if it still doesn't work, check our website, Covid-19 Travel Insurance section.

T Amos · InsureandGo Australia

Has anyone successfully claimed from Insure and Go and how easy was the process?

Anthony Rose
Anthony Rose

Yes. I made a claim in June after my visit to Bali. Process was easy and claim was paid out within 21 days

Kerry G.
Kerry G.

I have made a claim after getting sick in Bali in May 2022. I was sent to hospital for treatment and tests and then we had to return home early. They have informed me they will not be paying out for any of my claim although I have hospital and doctors reports. I even went to our home doctor where they did further tests and confirmed my food poisoning. I have sent many emails but have not had a reply. Sadly, I am going to have to take action now.

T Amos

Oh dear I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad I didn't choose them in the end.

coastraveller
coastraveller

@ Kerry G. I would go to the Insurance Imbudsmen

Samantha J.
Samantha J. · InsureandGo Australia

I got a quote for Gold for $230 and then it said it had timed out and when I resubmitted it went up to $290 in 5 minutes. Not sure why

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Samantha, Please check if the excess levels were the same and if a promocode was applied to the first quote. If you cannot get the quote to match, give us a call on 1300 401 177 and our team can try to retrieve your previous quote.

Samantha J
Samantha J · InsureandGo Australia

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hi Samantha, There might be some changes in the excess level, promocode applied to your policy or the couple/family travellers. If you want to review your quote, please give us a quote on 1300 401 177.

peter g6
peter g6 · InsureandGo Australia

does my barer essential cover include covid in balai

Guy Amon
Guy Amon · InsureandGo Australia

Can I insure the cruise only component of my trip? I am on a river cruise for 7 out of 100 days away

Kez
Kez

Guy, I suggest you look for a different insurer.

David Kennedy
David Kennedy · International Travel Insurance

We are travelling to Uk through Singapore and Munich and then on to USA via Frankfurt to Atlanta, returning to Australia through San Francisco. What are the covid restrictions and test that are required? Email Address is kennedy458@optusnet.com.au. Quote ref 93834361.
Thanks for your help. David

Paula O
Paula O · International Travel Insurance - Gold

Hello,

On the 29.2.2020 I took out insurance with Insure and Go for a trip to Antarctica in March 2021. The trip was cancelled and we got a voucher. Are we able to get any of the cost of the premium (or a voucher) back given we are not lodging a claim. Thanks. Paula

InsureandGo Australia   DM

Hello Paula, thank you for your question. Please email info@insureandgo.com.au and the team will be able to detail your options.

Kind regards,
Ava

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives

Select a listing for your question