InsureandGo Australia

InsureandGo Australia (page 2 of 180)

4.1 from 3,598 reviews

Wouldn't leave home without it.

Very easy website, prices and level of insurance offered is very good value. I have used Insure and Go 4 times now and will continue to use them for future travel.

Suitable travel insurance

After reviewing a number of Travel Insuance offers we zeroed in on Insure and Go.
It was good value and appears to offer the coverage for our requirements.
It was quite straight forward and easy to complete on line. We have not claimed against a Insure and Go previously. I am not certain how many times we have had a policy with Insure and Go but it would be 3 or 4 at least. We have recommended Insure and Go to our daughter and some friends.

Claim MadeNo

Easy process and very affordable

I found the process of purchasing the insurance policy to be easy using the website. The medical screening was quick and not intrusive.
I think though that the measure of how good the company is, will be how efficiently they perform in the unfortunate event that I have to lodge a claim.
So far, so good.

Great

Fast and Easy to use great value
This is our third time using this service
Would gladly use again would recommend insure n go to other people haven’t had to use it to make any claims

Claim MadeNo

Good value and no probs with claims

Have used Insure and go 3 or 4 times always the best price.
made a claim last year and had no problems getting it approved but had to contact a few times
to get payment

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Very happy with the service.

I thought the policy was good value, however, when I lodged a claim, it took quite a long time before I received the money. Whereas, my travelling companion, who was insured with a different company, received her money much quicker.

Claim DateOctober 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Seems to Include more than we need

Have used InsureandGo before.
The real test is if we have to claim. Most insurance companies are good, until you claim. That is the test.
Was easy to set up & yes, we have used them before

Claim ApprovedYes

Excellent claim service but conflicting information when taking out last policy.

We have used InsureandGo five times and have had to make two claims. Both times, the claims have been dealt with promptly and very professionally. Prior to our last trip we rang the call centre to clarify the policy in regards to car hire, and when we rang back to purchase the policy we were told the information that we had previously been given was not correct. We had to follow up with Insure and Go’s chat facility to confirm that our initial information had been correct. Car rental excess waiver information is unclear. The chat line was quick, easy and efficient- we had not used a chat line before. All other contact with the call centre has been polite and efficient. We will be using Insure and Go again this year and we would highly recommend them.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Not worth

Policy bought: Gold AMT 60 days (annual multi trip)
They have speedy service and applying for the insurance is easy.
Policy sounds good until to need to claim for travel delay. For 12 hours delay, the claim limit is $100 , this didn't even cover the re-booking change fee for flights. In the end, my out of pocket on missed flights (as it was in transit), re-booking, meals when stranded overseas was way more.

Travel Delays is such a crucial item to cover and the average traveler is easily susceptible to risk of travel delays. For the price of the premium, and the $100 limit, you could find another annual policy that could cover ALL costs incurred due to the delay.

Conclusion, will not be using this again. Will likely treat this policy as a sunk cost and purchase another one for upcoming trips.

Overall:
Service 5 stars
Speed of claim 4 stars
Value of the policy 1star

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi JTCZ, I'm sorry your claim didn't go to plan and I can understand your frustration. Just to confirm, the minimum claim amount, also know as the excess, is the amount payable by you in the event of a claim. And we offer options for your excess. When buying your policy, you would would have been given the option of reducing your standard excess to zero, which would mean there would be no payable standard excess upon claiming. Eliminating your excess adds to the cost of buying the policy, but it will save you money, should you need to claim. Hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Good cover offered and we received good service as well. Thank you

Yes it was good value. Took some time to set up but this was due to some mistakes we made filling out our details. We made a small claim and it was dealt with quite quickly. This is the first time we used this insurance company.

Claim ApprovedYes

Came through when needed.

Good value. Claim acted upon quickly and paid in full. Austin Pinto was great
First time to use but will use again. Very supportive and lines of communication were always open.

Travel Insurance at its best

The policy I purchased was good value, had cover for all of our requirement. Easy to purchase online.
I rang Insure & Go to advise medical condition prior to our planned date of departure. Then had to cancel whole trip due to this medical condition, so made claim. Documents emailed to me quickly, to unwell to complete at time but had 30 days to complete. Sent completed forms to Insure & Go by post, advised when received, later advised that it was being reviewed, then advised approved, funds would be in bank between 5 & 10 days, to my surprise these were in account the following night. Took 10 days in total from Insure & Go receiving documents to funds in my bank, excellent service. Easy process to make claim.
Have used Insure & Go 4 times now, this is 2nd. claim other was due to a natural disaster. Insure & Go were excellent on that occasion also.

Stress Free Claim

I made a claim for a missed port on a cruise. Insure and go were very helpful and made the process easy. The missed port section is a great feature of the policy.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager

Rip Off

Having insurance to cover unexpected delays is useless if its not going to cover losses from pre paid bookings that have been cancelled through no fault of your own. Out of pocket by about $15/17,000 as a result of cancelled flights due to bad weather so missed a tour and then non refundable flights.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Hi Aaa, I'm sorry that your claim didn't have the outcome you had hoped for. Have you considered appealing your decision? If you email complaints@insureandgo.com.au with your claim number, you can request your case be re-assessed by an independent team. If you need any help in doing this, just let me know via a private message here on Product Review. Thanks, AnnaThank but your representative made it very clear when she opened the claim that we where not covered and she was very clear that you only covered the cost of accommodation and only if the airline did not step in first and would not cover the cost of non refundable tours and flights that we could not make due to the original delay. So again I question why would you waste your money purchasing this insurance? Looking forward to your replyHi Aaa, Unfortunately, as I'm not part of the claims team, I don't have the details of your claim, and privacy law prevents me discussing the specifics of your case on a public forums like this one. But I can confirm, generally speaking, that if the airline has already reimbursed you, you aren't eligible to claim from us too. Nevertheless, I understand your frustration here, and I'll pass your feedback on to the relevant people so that we can continue improving our products. Thanks, Anna

Gold cover is more like tin

We bought “Gold” travel cover, which pays up to $100 a person a day for delays on holiday.

We had delayed trains in Europe but Insure and Go tried to argue it only applied to flights. The policy doesn’t mention flights.

They’ve offered a fraction of our claim. We are still fighting through the process.

Great insurance right up to the moment you need to make a claim.

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi AllThatGlistens, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you expected, but it sounds like our dispute resolution team are currently in contact and working with you. Should you need any help with this, just contact me on here via personal message and I'll help. Thanks, Anna

Exemplary and speedy service

The policy was good value and it was relatively easy to set it up online. It took only three weeks for the claim to be considered and for payment to be made. I have used the insurance once during my travels.

Claim DateMay 2019

Finally a great travel insurance company!

This is the third time we have used insure and go for our travel insurance and the second time we have had to make a claim. Both times we were treated fairly and swiftly. Would highly recommend and will always use this company for our future travel insurance.

Best travel insurance provider

Policy was the best value for money.
Claims took less than a week to resolve.
I use this insurance company all the time (more then 5).
24 hour call service is definite bonus and the staff are very helpful.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim ApprovedYes

Generally a positive review with some reservations

We felt the policy was of good value and was quite easy to set up. Unfortunately we had to lodge a claim and it was resolved fairly quickly however in the early stages of our trauma your staff were a little to eager to get get details when we were in no real condition to be involved in doing so. We have used Insure and Go a few times.

Claim ApprovedYes

I have used Insure and go a few times now and find the policies great cover for the price. I recently had to make a claim before we went on our holiday. We had to cancel our trip due to medical reasons. The process was very easy. Collect documents required once submitted had an answer with in the week and refund approved and in my account the following week.

I have no compmaints with the service and would highly recommend.

Claim ApprovedYes

My 85 year old mother in law is extremely ill and we are concerned that she will pass while we are away. We consequently think we should probably cancel our trip which has cost us nearly A$58,000. What documentation etc do we need to have a successful claim on our "gold" policy?
For our claims we contacted the claims department (the number is on your policy) and they provided us with a list of what we had to provide to them in order to process the claim. Referring to the Insure and Go pds could be useful also re what the policy covers.Hi Sued, thanks for getting in touch, and thank you for the fast, helpful response Woody. I would second Woody's suggestion to read the PDS. Presuming you purchased a One Trip policy, and your travel has not yet commenced, you would benefit from reading through the Table Of Benefits, General Conditions, General Exclusions, and Section A of the One Trip PDS found here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. If you did not purchase a One Trip policy, then let me know which policy you did buy and I can guide you to the correct sections of the relevant PDS. The PDS for every policy we provide can be found on our website here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/policy-wordings.jsp. Once you are familiar with the PDS, you can lodge a claim over the phone, by calling 1300 401 177, or online, here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/important-claims-information.jsp. I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Anna

In your 'natural disaster' section, Mt Agung in Indonesia is listed as an event you will not provide cover for. This is dated from 2017. Is this permanently excluded from cover? And does that mean that if the volcano goes off and disrupts flights, we can't claim anything related to cancelled flights/accommodation etc?
Hi Anna, thanks for the question. You are right, we do not currently provide cover for claims that arise due to Mount Agung, although this could change in the future. We have, over the past couple of years, covered it for some periods of time, which can be seen on our travel alert for Mount Agung here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/mount-agung-travel-advice.jsp. And yes, that would mean that if a mount Mount Agung eruption causes disruption to your flights and accommodation, this would not be covered. Only medical would be covered. Hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

I have recently purchased a policy and paid the additional $$ for 'Natural Disasters' ... my policy document is endorsed 'Travel Disruptions' in the Additional Options Included section ... Can you please give me written confirmation that these to terms are synonymous Regards D
I don’t know!Hi Dot, If you purchased a policy from InsureandGo Australia with Natural Disasters included, your policy certificate should mention "Natural Disasters". If you want me to double check your policy, please send me your policy number or give us a call on 1300 401 177. Regards, AnnaAnna Thank you for replying ... My policy is noted "Travel Disruption" ... I was advised it is same ... would like written confirmation please ... I will try to PM you with the detail Regards Dor