InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise (page 2 of 7)

3.6

Christine H.Hobart, TAS

Absolutely Disgusted

Purchased our cruise policy in July 2019
For a cruise to depart 20th April 2020. Due to the Coronavirus the cruise line cancelled the cruise. When I asked Insure and Go for a refund of an unused policy I was told no refund because we were outside of the 14 day cooling off period. This has been extenuating circumstances for so many people and all travel agents are processing refunds for their clients. We have always used Insure and Go and have never claimed. Will never use this company again and will make sure as many people as I can reach out to will not use them either. Absolute daylight robbery on your part as a company.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Christine, I'm sorry about the issues you are having in getting a credit or refund, and I would like to help you with this. I will follow up you via private message. Thanks, Anna

Bill D.Northeast, VIC

Extremely Poor Service

We had a cruise booked for May/June and insured with Insure and Go well before the Corona Virus outbreak. When the cruise was cancelled we assumed we could cancel our insurance and get a refund. Unfortunately this is not the case as Insure and Go just quote their policy and refuse refunds. I think ALL disgruntled customers should get together and take out a Class Action on these bandits!!!

Type of ClaimOther
Claim ApprovedNo

I have done that.

PHILLHunter Region, NSW

Can not believe they can refuse refunds

We booked and paid for our insurance in September 2019 for our March cruise .It all got cancelled two weeks before leaving date we got refunds from everyone but Insure n go. They totally refused it . Does any other who got ripped of know how to lodge a CLASS ACTION against then . Please never use them again everyone.

DestinationAustralia
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Phil, I'm genuinely sorry we weren't able to give you a refund on your policy. I would advise you to lodge your complaint formally and request a review of your case by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Thanks, Anna

PHILL

Hi Anna total waist of time we have done that so will now go to the next level . No one can refuse a refund for something that never got used through NO fault of ours. it was a word wide problem cheers phil

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise compares to other Travel Insurance

Gail

GailMid North Coast, NSW

Hassle Free Claim

I have used Insure and Go several times and this is the first time I've had to claim.
Several days before departure I found out that I needed to have a small procedure done while overseas otherwise I would have to cancel my cruise. This procedure was arranged whilst on the cruise and carried out in South Africa. On returning home I lodged my claim, which was approved in less than 3 weeks and payment was made the next day.

DestinationAfrica and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020
Claim ApprovedYes
Stephanie

StephanieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

Had planned a cruise through the Antarctic peninsula with my elderly parents and mother in law. Flights from Australia to Argentina and then a 11 day cruise. After more than 18 months planning, just 6 weeks prior to the trip my parents had to cancel due to back surgery for my dad. Due to the late cancellation of their travel, we got none of the fares refunded for my parents.

While the process for the claim took some time in terms of gathering the correct information, once all the documentation had been received by Insure and Go, they turned the claim around very quickly and paid our claim in full. It definitely pays to have the right insurance.

DestinationAntarctica and South America
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Kim

KimHunter Region, NSW

Save you money and Do Not Insure with this company!

We thought we were fully covered by getting the Gold Cruise Cover and our cruise was cancelled by Royal Caribbean and we lost flights and accommodation as well because of the coronavirus epidermic and I thought we would be fully covered because we had the gold travel insurance only to find that they would not pay anything, So we got absolutely nothing for our gold cruise insurance they went out of their way to find anyway not to pay!
So save yourself some money and stay away from this company!!!! They even told me not to claim because they wouldn’t pay it
Totally wasted my money on this corrupt money hungry company

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Kim, I apologise that your claim didn't have the expected outcome. I would recommend you contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au with your policy number so that your complaint can be formally lodged, and your case can be investigated. Thanks, Anna

Brian

Brian

Scam artists

Been trying to claim for missed ports on my cruise back in Dec due to natural disasters. My friends in the same cabin and who went through the same experience were all refunded by different insurance companies. This company refuses to pay out, claiming that since the boat was docked (delayed) in one port, it would not count the ports I missed. My rebuttal letter was pretty much ignored by them. Been chasing this up for months now but I wont stop.

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Kathryn M.Murray Region, NSW

Terrible

so the policy was pretty good, covered all the things that we may have needed, if our trip went ahead. our trip has been cancelled and we can reschedule with a full refund if needed. Not with insure&go. No refund. No reschedule available. Why, cause we applied for the policy 2 months before sailing, and because the cancellation was requested outside the cooling off period, you feel that it is right that you keep our money?

they are bandits

took out on 14th January 2020 for a trip 1st may 2020 which the cruise and airline have cancelled . I requested to change the date of poliCy until 21st April 2021 they won't do it so I have lost my money without service being provided. my friend went with another firm and they allowed them to change. shameful behavior insure and don't go won't be using them again and advice others not to.

Pauline KeaysMid North Coast, NSW

Absolute Thieves

I took out Gold cruise cover in June 2019, for the Canada Alaska tour, due to commence May 2020. Tour was cancelled and Insure and Go won't cover me. Disappointing.

Benzo

BenzoCentral West, NSW

Unbelievable inflexibility

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Sold me a policy knowing full well wouldn't be able to claim .using covid 19 as excuse not to cover claim

terrible service due to not fully disclosing facts again using covid 19 as a reason when not even told that would happen. Why sell a policy that you have no intention of honouring

jbirrellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No goodwill shown in these extraordinary times.

I understand we purchased a contract for specific dates. InsureandGo is running a business-I get that. I unsuccessfully asked for a future credit for when we can reschedule not a refund. The goodwill generated and our future loyalty to the brand in these extraordinary circumstances would have been guaranteed. We are personally seeing generous rescheduling provisions from other ‘non-refundable’ travel arrangers. IAG interestingly have just announced they will refund all their travel insurance policies no longer applicable.

jbirrell

I did email the address you have given which is the basis of my review. Untold damage to the brand and future turnover when you read all the similar reviews.

Julie H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointing outcome

Disappointed our cruise cancelled and so chose to cancel accommodation, airfares etc Policy was taken out in good faith 9 months beforehand. Now advised we have no claims nor refund/credits.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Julie, I'm sorry about the situation you find yourself in, and I recommend you contact info@insureandgo.com.au. They will be able to assist with your case. Thanks, Anna

Lack of disclosure

Very disappointed to be told 3 weeks after purchasing insurance that there is no cover for covid-19
At time of purchase their banner on the website stated no cover for travel to China. There was no mention of covid-19
Also due to some medical issues had a long conversation with a staff member over the phone prior to purchasing insurance and also not once was I informed that covid-19 issues would not be covered.
There is also no mention of covid-19 not being covered in any of the information they sent me after purchase.
They have offered me a full refund however

Disappointed
Disappointed

John

JohnIllawarra, NSW

This a stupid self serving questionnaire. Look at your , why am I even bothering

Very complicated question then I won’t complete why should I even bother with such an ill informed questionnaire. Why must I have thirty words. I bet you will not reply

Post Purchase Review

We were very satisfied with the coverage offered and the cost was very competitive. Found applying online easy to follow. I informed company that I had blood pressure, but under control with medication - no extra cost. Told company that I had had a DVT several years ago. I have flown many times to Europe since without issue as the clot was not caused by flying and is controlled by blood thinners and regularly monitored. Extra cost added. The clot is a result of having Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Software did not allow me to say this. This is first time we have used the company.

Martin A.

Martin A.South East Queensland, QLD

very happy with the service

Had to call as i did not include flight time to the policy and needed 2 extra days added, this was done at no cost and a very helpful lady on the line

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good coverage

Applied on line and found it satisfactory to navigate. No claims made always hope this will not be needed. Have used this company before, not sure how many times. I have recommended to my friends and so far two other couples have used this company for this trip and one previously. There were cheaper options but was not comfortable with their offers. Reviews positive from other users. Have not travelled yet.

Easy to use

Second time user , find it very easy to use and getting quick response back , did some checking and they appear to be very competitive with a good price , haven't had to call yet for any reason I can only hope that the transition of a claim is as quick and easy should a claim be made in the future .

DestinationNew Zealand

grannyma

grannymaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

Would we be covered by our insurance for a refund fee of $900 per person ($1800)for overseas flights? Policy taken out 15/1/2020. We do not wish for a credit on these flights as we will not be able to travel in the prescribed time given by the airline

Kevin
Kevin

grannyma , Ring 1300136374 and ask to speak to Nathan . He will tell you .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Grannyma, thanks for reaching out. It's impossible for me to tell without knowing all the details of your claim, but based on your purchase date, you are eligible to claim assuming your level of cover was Silver or Gold.

Please see the below link which includes a list of the documents you will need to submit along with your claim, and the contact details you will need to submit your claim by email or post.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just reach out.

Thanks, Anna

Barrie C.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

We took out insurance cover for our Cruise (GOLD Cruise policy) This was back in 2019, way before COVID-19 was announced or made a pandemic. Our cruise has been cancelled due to the government advising against the travel on non-essential organised gatherings of 500 or more. The cruise would of had over 3,000 people on board. Will your policy cover us or do we have to go to arbitration along the legal road.

Barrie C.

I guess the question was way too hard!

Melissa R.
Melissa R.

I am in the same boat so to speak! Lol hope we can recover funds if not travelling at all good luck Barrie C.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Barrie and Melissa, thanks for reaching out. Our cover for coronavirus hinges on when your policy was purchased. All policies bought after 4:00pm on 31st January 2020 have an exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Barrie, it sounds like you purchased your policy long before this cut off, so your policy has no exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Having said this, we do not cover claims based on change of mind, or fear of travel, and in order to make a claim relating to cancellation on medical grounds, there would need to be a medically valid reason and evidence for this. We published a travel alert that details our position on the coronavirus outbreak, so please read the following as it may be helpful for you: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/latest_update-global-coronavirus-outbreak.jsp Thanks, Anna

DonnyDo

DonnyDoasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

I have read there are various discounts offered when taking out a policy. The cover is for my 86 year old mum. I have also read in the reviews that on occasion claiming for cancelling of a trip is not covered, can you advise why this would be?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi DonnyDo, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, we do sometimes run campaigns where we will provide a discount, although the offer will vary, and discount campaigns run at different times and across different channels.

Regarding cancellation cover: it is available on Silver and Gold policies only, so purchasing a Bare Essentials would mean you are not covered for cancellation. Furthermore, as with any insurance product, there are also conditions that apply to the cover. For example, you will not be covered for cancellation due to: changing your mind, if you could not travel due to failure to obtain a passport or visa, or if you failed to check in according to your itinerary. This list is by no means exhaustive - there are other conditions and exclusions you should definitely be aware of. I strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with any and all situations where cancellation cover does not apply: please see Section A (page 19-20) of the PDS, which you can review here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna