InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise (page 3 of 7)

3.8

Geoff Shaw00

Geoff Shaw00Perth, WA

Great process,value - but one negative to watch when a Senior!

Extremely easy to obtain on-line quote, then proceed with purchase. Great recommendations, very user friendly process, and value by comparison with others. One negative aspect though, as applies to me, seniors above age 75 cannot take out travel insurance until 4 MONTHS out from departure date. But booking deposits, air fares, hotels etc. must usually be paid at time of confirmation - which, in the case of far-off cruise availability, can be many months in advance. This leaves me uninsured against these outlays for this period! Fail to understand, given that NO KNOWN pre-existing conditions exist, have healthy constitution, mobility, etc.
Have used once previously, but when under 75 yo.

lily may

lily mayHunter Region, NSW

Easy to deal with

Have used this company a few times and keep going back to them. One year my husband was ill and admitted to hospital for 6 days in Europe. When we arrived home notified the company, had all receipts and it was all finalised in about 2 weeks. You cannot get better service than that and we are using them again this year and have recommended then to family and friends

Cruiser

CruiserHobart, TAS

Good value for money

easy to set up, I did make a claim - It took a little longer than my traveling companions who used other insurance companies which was a little frustrating but all in all will use again and claim was easy to do, just took a little while to process.

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise compares to other Travel Insurance

Rhonda Pompeuse

Rhonda PompeuseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great value

Everything was easy about purchasing the policy ,, have not had to claim so cannot comment on that , it was great to find somebody to cover my husband who had a past illness without any hassles

Ben

BenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Holiday covered

The policy was well priced and the medical screening required easy to undertake and covered our conditions. The resultant prices increase was well within expectations and fair considering our issues during travel.

Off cruising again

I think this is the third time we have used Insure and Go, couldn’t fault the whole process of applying for, doing our health check and receiving insurance - now looking forward to our cruise.

Julie Fayers

Julie FayersSydney, NSW

Slow but can still go!

Travelling with an elder can be a challenge but knowing that we have full comprehensive insurance eases some concern. The first experience was in 2015, travelling to Egypt, Jordan, Gallipoli then back to Venice. Next heading to Russia.
I now use and recommend InsureandGo for all travel even without an over 90!

Kenny

Kenny

Good Product, lets hope I don't need it!

Easy to use web site and great value compare to other sites I looked at.
I have used this company before and hopefully will use them again.
Hopefully never have to claim from them!

Brent Atherton

Brent AthertonAdelaide

Satisfied customer

This is the second time we have used InsureandGo. A claim with previous travel was dealt with quite quickly once we overcame problems with car damage photos supplied from Norway. We were puzzled that InsureandGo felt a need to check that we had included a cruise in our first itinerary even though we had cruise cover. We thought this should have been checked before we went, not when we made a claim. It was quite easy to talk through the questions with an agent and discuss problems as they arose.

Lynne Jones

Lynne JonesCentral, SA

Claim

I made a claim after our cruise & it was handled very successfully & efficiently. Plus price of insurance us very good. Medical form us also easy to fill in & staff are very helpful.

Deb

DebPerth, WA

Excellent value.

Excellent value but not so straightforward to maneuver through the application. Policy content more than covers my needs for my travel. I haven't travelled yet so can't comment on claim process.

Malcolm

MalcolmSouth East Queensland, QLD

easy as pie

yes, it was cheaper than other insurances that I have had.
it was so easy to follow the prompts we were finished in such a short time.
this is our first time using this company

John and Anne

John and AnneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Australians Be Warned !!!!!!

Sam

SamWestern District, VIC

Easy, convenient and no hassles

I always use Insure and Go, when I'm traveling on a cruise. So easy to organise and understand, Website is easy to use and its all there in plain english. If you need to claim, its simple to complete online as well. If you need to contact to ask questions, person on the phone is always freindly and very helpful. I will not use any other travel insurance.

Eddie.

Eddie.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First time user.!

Easy to find what policy was best for us. Competitive costing. Love the seniors discount. This is the first time using this Company, but so far so good. Will probably post again when we return from our Cruise.

KEVIN JEFFRESS

KEVIN JEFFRESSSydney, NSW

Travel Insurance Review

This is the second time that I have insured with this Company and on my checking around I found that your prices were quite reasonable. To date I have had no reason to make a claim. My only concern is that you can only take out a policy 120 days prior to departure. I am not too sure whether my deposits/prepayments made prior to my departure are covered by my policy.

Lesley

LesleySydney, NSW

A good start!

I have just taken out my first policy with InsureandGo. The staff were very helpful, thorough and polite. The pricing was most attractive and now hope there'll be no claims.

Lorna

LornaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not travelled as yet to experience.

Insurance not able to take out until four months before date of travel. Disappointed not offered Sen 20 promo despite asking re discounts.Used company twice past.Request further review on return.

Jeff

Jeff

Cruise Insurance

Web site was easy to negotiate. Cover offered met our needs. Premium was competitive. Existing medical conditions covered. One problem was because of my age cover could not be provided until 4 months before departure. This was after we had paid a substantial amount towards our trip. No claim has been lodged.

Comfort, peace of mind.

First time user, yet to experience the outcome. Looking forward to the experience. Seemed reasonably priced compared to other insurers. Recommended by a seniors group and received a discount as a first time user.

grannyma

grannymaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

Would we be covered by our insurance for a refund fee of $900 per person ($1800)for overseas flights? Policy taken out 15/1/2020. We do not wish for a credit on these flights as we will not be able to travel in the prescribed time given by the airline

Kevin
Kevin

grannyma , Ring 1300136374 and ask to speak to Nathan . He will tell you .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Grannyma, thanks for reaching out. It's impossible for me to tell without knowing all the details of your claim, but based on your purchase date, you are eligible to claim assuming your level of cover was Silver or Gold.

Please see the below link which includes a list of the documents you will need to submit along with your claim, and the contact details you will need to submit your claim by email or post.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just reach out.

Thanks, Anna

Barrie C.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

We took out insurance cover for our Cruise (GOLD Cruise policy) This was back in 2019, way before COVID-19 was announced or made a pandemic. Our cruise has been cancelled due to the government advising against the travel on non-essential organised gatherings of 500 or more. The cruise would of had over 3,000 people on board. Will your policy cover us or do we have to go to arbitration along the legal road.

Barrie C.

I guess the question was way too hard!

Melissa R.
Melissa R.

I am in the same boat so to speak! Lol hope we can recover funds if not travelling at all good luck Barrie C.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Barrie and Melissa, thanks for reaching out. Our cover for coronavirus hinges on when your policy was purchased. All policies bought after 4:00pm on 31st January 2020 have an exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Barrie, it sounds like you purchased your policy long before this cut off, so your policy has no exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Having said this, we do not cover claims based on change of mind, or fear of travel, and in order to make a claim relating to cancellation on medical grounds, there would need to be a medically valid reason and evidence for this. We published a travel alert that details our position on the coronavirus outbreak, so please read the following as it may be helpful for you: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/latest_update-global-coronavirus-outbreak.jsp Thanks, Anna

DonnyDo

DonnyDoasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

I have read there are various discounts offered when taking out a policy. The cover is for my 86 year old mum. I have also read in the reviews that on occasion claiming for cancelling of a trip is not covered, can you advise why this would be?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi DonnyDo, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, we do sometimes run campaigns where we will provide a discount, although the offer will vary, and discount campaigns run at different times and across different channels.

Regarding cancellation cover: it is available on Silver and Gold policies only, so purchasing a Bare Essentials would mean you are not covered for cancellation. Furthermore, as with any insurance product, there are also conditions that apply to the cover. For example, you will not be covered for cancellation due to: changing your mind, if you could not travel due to failure to obtain a passport or visa, or if you failed to check in according to your itinerary. This list is by no means exhaustive - there are other conditions and exclusions you should definitely be aware of. I strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with any and all situations where cancellation cover does not apply: please see Section A (page 19-20) of the PDS, which you can review here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna