InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Silver

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Silver

Backpacker, Single Trip and Cruise

What is the point of insurance?

Basically we arrived at Stockholm airport to find our flight from Stockholm to Oslo had been cancelled due to a pilot's strike. We missed our train from Oslo to Bergen in Norway, but were able to fly direct to Bergen. No claim was allowed, as we didn't suffer hardship, even though an important part of the trip was cancelled.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Trevor, I'm sorry that your claim didn't have the outcome you wanted. You are able to appeal you claim decision by emailing you claim number to complaints@insureandgo.com.au. I hope this helps, and let me know if you need any help with this. Kind regards, Anna

Unexpected Silver

This is my first travel overseas and applying for Insure and Go Travel Insurance was so easy. I have no known health issues and I think that made it even easier. Thank you Insure and Go

Claim MadeNo

Good value for money and no hidden costs etc

I made a claim and it processed quickly once I supplied the documentation. My claim was for unable to travel due a sick family member. I was glad I had selected the silver option

DestinationEurope
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Travel Insurance

Policy was say to set up online and it was accepted immediately.
I was so pleased to get cover for a pre-existing condition, even though the additional premium was expensive. This is the second time I have used this company and will be using them again in the next few months.

DestinationAustralia

That were so responsive

Unable to go on holidays because of mother-in-law seriously ill and hospitalised. From the beginning they ere responsive and quickly providing information we needed to see if the policy covered

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Very good comprehensive policy.

Found the Insure and Go Silver cruise package covers a lot that other travel and cruise policies don't.
Have used them before and been happy with them as so comprehensive.

Excelent Value

I have used InsureandGo twice, it is very easy to set up the first time I looked at a quote online leaving my telephone number and someone phoned me the next day and said that I didn't need the gold plan as the silver would cover me for where my wife and I were going so I took it. It was for a three cruise holiday almost 7 weeks Mediterranean, London to New York and the Bahamas and was the best value of all the company's I looked at.
I did fall ill with heart problems....which I had no idea would happen....and was in the ships sick bay before being transfer d to a New York hospital where I stayed over night before getting medicine and continuing on my trip round the Bahamas. Had a heart OP when I got home.
When I was leaving the hospital admin came to my room and said that they don't deal with my insurance company...I stress this was the American side of insureandGo.....and could I afford to pay, I said no that was why I had Insurance, lucky the hospital had some sort of deal with the government and I didn't have to pay but it would be a worry if I was going to the States again.
On my return InsureandGo payed my claim out in full for the stay in the ships medical hospital which was over $14000. they did require my medical records etc; and it took about 3 months before I received the money.
I used InsurandGo for my next holiday and it was so easy over the net, still good value and not more expensive because I had put a claim in I was glad to see, except a bit extra for heart problems but that was with every company... I didn't have to claim this time.
Very happy with them.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Affordable travel insurance

Purchased silver cruise cover, easy to set up & they cover pre-existing conditions. I didn’t have a claim this time but have claimed before with no problems. I have used this company 3 times.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

The worst travel insurance out there - do not use .

Terrible company and terms and conditions. I was unlucky enough to have purchased domestic travel insurance via Insure-and-go and had my travel plans disrupted, meaning an out-of-pocket expense of $700 on new flights (plus other costs). I had purchased silver-level insurance, and submitted my claim in within the stated period. This was rejected on flimsy grounds and very quickly (ie without full consideration). Terrible company, will never use again.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Angela, I'm sorry you weren't happy with your claim outcome - I'm not sure of the details so I can't really comment here. If your case is still open though I'll be happy to look into this further for you, but if the case has closed then you're best to email complaints@insureandgo.com.au. It's a different department that will look at your case and it takes about 15 business days to complete. - KaraHello Kara, claim number is 118003581 . If you are able to help that would be appreciated - AngelaHi Angela, I've just had a look and it seems like your claim has already been escalated to Complaints. I'm glad you're going through the process. - Kara

This company has great value policies

I am always impressed with the price and coverage that InsureandGo offer. We always take out the silver cover as we don't go adventuring and although we have never had a claim I am sure this would be handled efficiently. I really like the user friendly website and the ease of declaring medical conditions and the fact you seem to cover all ages (my husband is over 70)

Will never use InsureAndGo again

Holiday travels were delayed due to Hurricane Irma, and I had to go through THREE levels of assessments before receiving compensation. They kept claiming that I was not covered under the Silver cover, despite me repeatedly saying I had purchased the Natural Disaster add-on. It wasn't until I stated that Hurricane Irma was declared a natural disaster in the United States that something finally happened. I think you guys should have spotted that yourselves without the customer outlining that? A waste of my time, and will never sign-up with this company again.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Pennytron, Sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your policy number and we will look into your case. Regards, David

Good insurance at reasonable prices.

Easy to set up online. Quick. I haven't made a claim so can't comment on Customer Support. Policy seems good value for money. I purchased Silver Protection. I did unintentionally purchase Winter sports protection which I didn't need and couldn't work out how to eliminate it!

Insurance claim madeNo

Be aware if your claim is not made along with ORIGINAL receipts of goods purchased prior to your tri

Took out an Insure&Go Silver policy to cover a world trip including cruises (as also did my wife's sister and husband for same trip).
Our premium for 2 was approx $1,800
We had a suitcase stolen in Genoa. It contained a number of items including ones that had been left to my wife by her recently deceased niece. Also had a fitbit watch and a Kindle e-reader plus all my medication for the trip.
This insurance company is now refusing to make payment for our claim (which was not huge) because we do not have original receipts for the stolen items. We had replaced some of the items (shoes, clothing) naturally but they will not pay for these because we do not have ORIGINAL receipts - only the receipts for the replacements (this was at the very start of our 8 week trip around Europe).
The Fitbit watch and Kindle e-Reader we have not replaced as yet. We do not have original receipts as we destroy these after any warranty has run out (ie after 1 year).
The items left to my wife by her deceased niece were jewellery and fortunately my wife left the very expensive items at home. However (for future buyers of insurance especially from Insure&Go be aware that for items like these you need original receipts - not sure how we can get these from a deceased niece so this is ridiculous.
Out trip was in June/July/August and although we had a police report (unfortunately in Italian organized by our multi-lingual hotel manager) we are still battling with Insure&Go over this one claim. I even volunteered to sign a Statutory Declaration in relation to our claim but that made no difference. We are pensioners in Australia and, unless paid out, are unable to replace our stolen items. We would never go back to or recommend Insure&Go to any honest people.
This statement is probably a waste of time here but it will in general be going to a lot of places to warn other travellers to watch out for travel insurance policy details.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Mitch, Thanks for reviewing us. I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the claim outcome. Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse you for losses without receipts demonstrating proof of ownership, this is a fairly standard practice across the insurance industry, and I understand your frustration, especially given the difficult circumstances of your case. Sometimes a credit-card statement that shows ownership of some of the big items might be enough. If you send me a private message with your claim number, I can follow it up. Alternatively, you’re welcome to call our claims line to discuss your case further, or appeal the decision, by emailing complaintsaustralia@mapfre.com. Kind regards, InsureandGoI understand that a few days ago around 66 people had read my review. Even if only half of those stay away from Insure&go that were going to say spend up to $1,000 for their insurance then your company has made an expensive decision compared to our genuine and minor claim. It still remains that your company expects original receipts for items stolen which is impossible especially in relation to gifts from a deceased estate of our niece. We must remember when we take our next trip that we make sure we take nothing of value that we do not have a physical receipt for. Probably not much we could take. Sickening really. I can see that a lot of reviews for you are from people that never had to worry about a claim. Will be in touch with Insure&Go over other matters although I feel it will be time wasted.Hi Mitch, I completely understand your frustration. As I said, if you are able to demonstrate ownership and value of the item through a credit card statement, or some other similar means, you are very welcome to send through those documents and/or appeal the decision if you feel it was unfair by emailing complaintsaustralia@mapfre.com. If you would like me to follow up your claim, I can, just please send through a private message with your claim number. Kind regards, InsureandGo

This is the perfect travel insurance for a Cruise.

Great value for a great price. Very easy to set up online. Great customer support. I chose the Silver Cruise policy, which covers everything that I need to have covered.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Rose, Thanks for leaving a review, I'm glad you found our customer service team to be supportive. We do try to keep our policies as affordable as possible, and I'm pleased you were able to find a policy that suited your needs. Kind regards, InsureandGo

Great travel insurers

Easy to follow terms and good value policy. The policy was easy to setup and I am very satisfied with the silver policy I have selected. Did not use customer support just did it all online.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Monica, Thanks for reviewing us. I'm glad you found the policy to be good value, and that it was easy to set up. Kind regards, InsureandGo

Quick and generous

Lodged our claim without much hope (based on experience with other insurers) of being reimbursed for additional expenses incurred due to a cancelled flight. Received confirmation claim had been received and was being processed within a few days of lodging claim. Within two weeks received an outcome of claim. Without our requesting it the Customer Assistance officer had referred our claim to management and a decision had been made to provide partial compensation due to part of our claim not 'technically' meeting the qualifying requirements. Very pleased to find that their staff can exercise judgment and refer cases higher up without the need to first 'reject' the customer and then get the customer to appeal decision so it can be referred to a higher authority etc. Grateful that we weren't subjected to having to dispute and argue grounds for recognition of legitimate claim.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Tatiana, Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to review InsureandGo on Product Review. We are glad to hear you had a good experience with us and we were able to help you with your claim. Please don’t hesitate to contact us in the future if you require any further assistance with your travel insurance. Regards, The InsureandGo Team

Help Needed

We bought IAG 'Silver Couple' cover for our trip to Bali. Their quote was really competitive and at the time it seemed like great value. Unfortunately, on the last day of trip, my phone was stolen (pick pocketed). International roaming wasn’t activated on my phone & so I was only using it at places with Wi-Fi, therefore didn’t realise that my phone was gone until I was at the airport luggage scanning gate. At the scanning gate, I looked to get the phone out of my pocket but realized it wasn't there. I thought I may have kept it in my bag pack (which was already on the baggage scanning machine). When I crossed the gate, I checked my bag pack and could not find my phone.

We spoke to airport staff, explained them the situation and told them we need to lodge a police complaint for insurance purposes. We were told there is no police beyond the scanning gate, only airport security. We requested them to let us go out to lodge the report but they didn’t. We then went to airport security and narrated the incident. They wrote it down in dairy but gave us no reference number. The day we landed in Sydney, I called Insurance & Go and spoke to a lady (think [Name Removed]) … I told her what has happened and that we were unable to lodge a police complaint. I was offered no advice that for my claim to get accepted I must report it to airline/local police (within 72 hours). Today I got a call from IAG rep [Name Removed] who initially told me that he has rejected my claim as there is no police report supporting my claim. When I reasoned with him that given the circumstance I couldn’t have lodged a police complaint, he told me it’s the policy and I should have reported the matter to police or airline, therefore he cannot approve my claim. I told him I can complete a statutory declaration, which is a legal document and accepted in Australia. He said they don’t accept stat dec however can offer to cover 50% cost and if I don’t accept this offer, he would reject my claim and then I’ll have to go through IAG dispute resolution team.

I expected the rep to tell me what the requirements were on the initial call. I wish everything was black & white but this isn’t how the universe functions. It is a lot of money and if IAG can’t cover it then what’s the point of getting travel insurance. Hoping for a positive outcome.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Ankita, thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your experience with InsureandGo. Due to privacy, we cannot discuss the details of your claim on Product Review. However, we have forwarded your matter to our Internal Dispute Resolution Team for review. One of our supervisors will evaluate your complaint and contact you shortly. Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 401 177 or info@insureandgo.com.au if you have any questions or further enquires. Regards, The InsureandGo Team

Horrible Customer Service

I purchased Silver single trip cover for my trip to Singapore (which I'm on at the moment), where I'm due to fly back on Monday. Unfortunately, I have come down with a severe upper respiratory tract infection, to which the doctor has recommended today that I postpone my flight until I'm more fit to travel (I have all the supporting medical paperwork).

I rang InsureandGo earlier today to seek advise on best course of action. I believe I was put through to your MAPFRE Assistance team and spoke to [Name Removed]. What an arrogant, rude customer service agent! When I told him I was unwell, he interrogated me as though I was a criminal and kept asking me what sort of "flu" I had. I also had to ask him several times what the requirements were in terms of paperwork as he was so unclear in his explanations. I assure you, the last thing anyone wants to deal with when they are sick and trying to make alternative arrangements to fly home is a rude pig. I've emailed some paperwork through but I'm still not entirely sure what is required of me in the short time that I have before I'm due to fly back!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi AQOTC, Thanks for your review on Product Review and sorry to hear about your experience. At InsureandGo, we always try to provide the highest level of customer service to all our customers. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss the details of your claim publically. However, we believe this has already been sorted out with our claims department and all the required documents have been submitted. Please contact us on 1300 401 177 OR info@insureandgo.com.au if you have any questions. Best regards, The InsureandGo Team.