InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) (page 2 of 7)

3.5

Disgusted with response from Insure and Go

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Elle
Elle

Hi Anna J I have complained by phone, by many emails and I keep getting the exact same response. I now notice you are looking after some people via private message .... are you giving refunds to some people and not others????

Lynn

LynnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid this company at all costs!!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

HerbSydney, NSW

Will not provide refund on annual multi trip policy despite Government travel restrictions stopping overseas travel

Purchased our policy a couple of months before the government stopped all travel overseas, meaning that we cannot utilise the policy at all. We have tried numerous times to get them to respond even noting that fellow insurers (NRMA travel) are offering partial refunds on annual multi trip policies that are not more than six months old. But impossible to get them on phone and they keep issuing their stock standard email which is to deny any refund if it's more than 14 days since the policy was purchased. This response does not make sense with an annual policy!
We've purchased policies from them many times before with our travels and have never claimed. Will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

Herb

Anna, we had escalated this issue to complaints@insureandgo.com.au and it did not help at all. It was their stock standard response that I was complaining about!
Our policy number is MS/IG/304230/24619963 - and our request (complaint) is #346099

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

Class action against Insure & go

All of us should put in a class action against insure & go. Same as the below responses, i payed $189 dollars for my travel insurance in August 2019 for my over seas trip this April. Same response from them was i should have cancelled in the 14 day cooling of period in August 2019. The Coronavirus was not heard of back then. I have rang them and they stated basically to bad what a joke, and it is crimmal what they are doing. My response back from the complaints department was sorry we can not assist you because you had two weeks to cancel your trip back in August 2019. I wish ill feeling against this company and they can go to hell Regards Russell from Perth Wa

Russell
Russell

,Anna, if you read my review I have sent a email with my policy number and they have stated that I should have cancelled my policy back in August 2019 on the 14 day cooling of period. to the complaints department.

Susan TSydney, NSW

No Follow Up

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateApril 2020

Anna
Claim NO 120007789

Lisa W

Lisa WSydney, NSW

Would have done No Stars if I could - feeling ripped off

ramjGold Coast

Rip off - won't provide a credit or refund

Yes, we are in the same boat took travel insurance to travel in April 2020, air flights were cancelled by carrier early March 2020 and then the travel ban occurred. We tried contacting the Insure and Go contact centre by phone a number of times and also by email - still no response to an email sent over 3 weeks ago.

Managed to get through by phone and was told I could not get a refund or credit. We've lost all trust and credit ability in the organisation, obviously their not thinking about their customers or their employees. Is our experience a taste of what it would be like if we were to make a n insurance claim?

The organisation needs customers to exist and to keep your employees in a job - rethink your actions!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
ramj

Thanks Anna. We have sent an email to lodge a formal complaint.

TracyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off Company

Like all the other reviews, this company is a total disgrace..Took my policy out in june 2019, to travel in april, 2020, and off course we can't travel, all I asked for was a credit to use next year when we can travel, the person I spoke to was so rude and said bad luck your 14 day cooling off has expired, so please don't use this company, they will rip you off.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
russ

russ

haven't gone yet

have used you a couple of times but would like to leave my review till time if I have to claim this time. will let you know then. haven't traveled yet

Jeannie

JeannieNew South Wales

Rip off - wont credit insurance for coronavirus travel

Myself and 2 friends spent more than $900 on gold cruise insurance. My flight was cancelled by airlines and restrictions here and in Australia mean we can't travel. Asked if we could get a credit of our insurance for next year to travel and they l no. Not unless its within 14 days of purchasing thep product. So unfair what a rip off wont be using them ever again.

Lisa R.

Lisa R.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Never again.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Works well for a family which has multiple trips Yrly.

Great Value for money. Always book with your company re travel insurance. Have booked heaps of times over the years. Noticed the new changes to your policy re the medical insurance.

Mal Golledge

Mal GolledgeIllawarra, NSW

My "go to" for travel insurance

I have been purchasing InsureandGo multi trip gold international for more that 12 years and I always find them to be competitive and affordable. Plus additional discounts can be applied to the premiums.

DestinationAustralia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Ready to go!!

Insure and Go has been my go to insurance company for 5 years. This time taking out an annual policy. Although I am lucky not to have made a claim I have friends who have and have been very happy with the outcome.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South America
Carolyn S.

Carolyn S.Sydney, NSW

Dont have the ability to 'renew' the policy with same start date which was before Corona Virus declared a know situation

I was happy with the process of purchasing the annual policy but we had to take it out early to cover our bookings for our big Europe trip. This meant that we took the policy out before the Corona Virus was a know event but our actual travel doesn't start within this period and we have been told that we need to take out a NEW policy with a new start date. I feel that we did the right thing but will be penalized for taking it out too early as that means while we are travelling if anything happens to do with the Corona Virus we won't be covered! Come on Insureandgo - I am an existing customer who has done the right thing, how about doing the right thing by us and allow us to RENEW the exisiting policy

Bev

Bev

Good service in Oz; overseas experience bad

Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Geoff

GeoffHunter Region, NSW

Care if travelling to Victoria Falls in Africa

Generally like the Insure and Go Annual world wide multi trip policy without winter cover, though have never needed to test their claims handling...... seemed to have most needed at reasonable cost. The cost of adding winter cover to the annual policy was not justified for the limited time we ski overseas.
Just an issue that may not apply to many. We booked a trip in Southern Africa with 2 days at Victoria Falls before flying out- Zimbabwe is one of their excluded countries! (nearly every other insurer covers Zimbabwe but some exclude Cuba) so I need to get coverage for that WHOLE trip from another insurer. I&G will not cover any loss arising ‘from travel in, to or through.... Zimbabwe’...... take care

DestinationAfrica

Making a claim

InsureandGo charged me a fair price for my travels. They were very easy to deal with, but I haven't gone yet so we'll see how fair and competent they are if I need to make a claim on my return.

Margaret

MargaretSydney, NSW

Found exactly what I wanted

Nat was very helpful I have a pre-existing condition which complicates matters.
I got a policy which I compared with other insurers and have got the product I wanted at a fair price.
I have used insure and go in the past and have never had to submit a claim yet.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)

Must have it

Policy was good value and easy to set up, but wish you didn’t have to get a new policy every year. Used this insurance company for three years as have made no claims.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

Peter E.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

I purchased a medical cover on the 30 January 2020 to cover me for my trip to USA. The details of the cover have a start date of 06 June 2020 and an end date of 18 June 2020.
As I cannot travel because of government restrictions relating to COVID 19 I have had to cancel my trip. Tickets were provided at no cost so I did not seek travel insurance for them but as I am cancelling the trip prior to departure I am seeking a refund of my medical insurance. Advice I received is that if you haven’t yet started your trip, you may be covered for the Cancellation Costs under our policies sold before 4pm on 31 January 2020 (AEDT). However one of your sales reps advised that I failed to meet the 14 day cooling off period and so not eligible. I find this strange as there is a specific start and end date for the cover and as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I think there has been some confusion here. If you want to cancel your policy and get a full refund of the premium you paid, this will not be possible outside of the 14 day cooling off period. As a gesture of goodwill, we have recently began to offer partial credits on policies. Please let me know if you want more information on this. However, if you want to make a claim on your policy for costs associated with cancelling your trip before departure, (which, from your comments, it doesn't sound like you want to) it sounds like you are eligible, presuming the policy you purchased features this type of cover. Does this clarify things? Thanks, Anna

Hello Anna J.
This is a contract for the cover of medical expenses that might occur between 06/06/2020 and 18/06/2020 (dates are still in the future). How are you able to enforce the contract when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible. (Would not force majeure conditions apply? The 14 day cooling off period would not apply in this case as an unforeseen subsequent event outside the control of the parties has made the contract impossible to perform, or has transformed performance of the obligations under the contract into something so radically different from that which the parties intended that it would be unfair to hold the parties to their obligations. This was a one off contract for that period only and was not covered by any travel insurance.
There are still 12 days to go before the policy would even come into effect so your 14 day cooling off period regarding when the payment was made is irrelevent to this contract. Again as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I understand your position, but unfortunately, we cannot offer full refunds on policies, I'm sorry. From the moment your policy was purchased, it provided cover, and therefore was being used up before the travel dates on your policy. An example of this is the cancellation before departure cover, whereby if you had needed to cancel your trip due to unforeseen injury or illness, you would have been eligible to claim the costs associated with cancellation. This is part of the reason we are unable to provide refunds or 100% credits. If you would be at all open to it, I would like to follow up via private message with some more information about our credits system. Thanks, Anna

david paton

david patonasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

what does AMT 60 days mean? I can only travel 60 days? can only stay in one country 60 days? Malaysia has 90 day visa , Georgia up to 1 year visa

Hi David, good question.

Our annual multi trip policies provide cover for multiple trips taken within a 12 month period, but the maximum length of each individual trip is 60 days on the Gold AMT 60 days policy you mentioned. This means, visa permitting, you can stay in Malaysia for up to 60 days, then travel to Georgia for up to 60 days, and travel to other countries within the 12 month period for which you buy the policy, but each individual trip cannot exceed 60 days. I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks, Anna

Mary-Anne L.

Mary-Anne L.asked

Does this annual Multi -trip automatically cover cruises

soups
soups

check with the company

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mary-Anne, thanks for reaching out.

We offer a cruise specific policy that has coverage more specific to cruise needs (missed port, cabin confinement and more). You can learn more at: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.jsp

Our annual multi trip policy, however, doesn't provide cover for commercial cruises. We define a commercial cruise as: any travel on sea, ocean or river by any commercially operated ship, boat or other sea vessel with scheduled journey time longer than 2 hours.

I hope this helps.