InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) (page 2 of 6)

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Annual policy for older travellers- excellent!

This is the second annual policy I have purchased with InsureandGo since I turned 70. As an extremely healthy frequent traveller, I am dismayed by how many other travel insurance companies refuse to even consider anyone over 70 for an annual policy. InsureandGo is great value.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Kaye S

Kaye SSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

We never leave home without knowing we are protected

Trip is 4 months away. I like to be protected from the booking of air tickets. Have used before and have never had to make any claim. It is good value and good coverage.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Very good policy.

Policy was very good value and and easy to set up over the phone. I havent had to lodge a claim . My wife and I have used this insurance company 3 times.

DestinationAustralia, Europe and New Zealand
Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

Policy is just what I wanted.

I feel the policy is good value. However, the real test is if I have to ever make a claim, which so far I havn't needed to. I always use Insure and Go for my overseas travels, which I have done a lot in recent years.

DestinationEurope, New Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)
RHON

RHONSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very happy

Great online service - site easy to navigate - this is the third time I have used this insurance company and feel it is great value. Fortunately, have not had to lodge a claim, so can't comment/

DestinationEurope, Middle East, South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Izzy

Izzy

Travel insurance

In previous years I did lodge a claim and eventually had to convince the person dealing with the claim that the offer didnt reflect the policy. my claim was settled in my favour.
In my other insurance the claims officers made it much easier because they provided without obfiscation what I had paid for.

Stephen D.

Stephen D.South East Queensland, QLD

great service

the insurance I've used for the past two years and again next year is great. Although I haven't needed to use the facilities of the insurance, I am happy to pay the premium for the protection I am garenteed

TONI sheldon

TONI sheldonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Excellent cover at competitive price

I have used Insure and Go for at least last three years single policy and Multi Annual policies
Competative pricing and three grades of cover make for easy decisions when comparing other policies.

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Senior traveller

Senior travellerGoulburn Valley, VIC

Friendly service

Good value and staff made it easy to arrange. This is the third timeI have used this company 12 month multi country travel.I have not needed to make a claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Not worth the money

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Unhappy Insurer
Unhappy Insurer
Geraldine

GeraldineGippsland, VIC

Excellent company for Travel Insurance

I did an enquiry online and someone from thecompany rang me a few days later to see if they could help. Our policy was a bit different as we have both had cancer. The staff member was so helpful and understanding and was able to give us a really great price compared to other companies. We had to lodge a claim and it was paid out within a couple of weeks so very happy and I was kept updated at each stage. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have used InsureandGo

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
whitewitch

whitewitchBatehaven

Good Insurance Co. and value for money.

We have used Insureandgo previously and found them satisfactory. I have previous medical issues and this Insurance company were the only ones to insure me. We had to pay a little more, but felt it worthwhile

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover ForAdult

Great cover for a reasonable price

Insure and go were able to cover pre existing conditions (excludes North and South America) at a reasonable cost. Multi Trip cover well worth considering for regular travelers. Telesales staff were helpful and able to answer all my questions.

Ken Muir

Ken Muir

Good cover at good rate

Policy, compared to others was good value and easy to set up
A claim was lodged and dealt with professionally. I was concerned with the 7 day deadline to lodge my claim because of the difficulty in gathering information but this was sorted out and I am grateful for the assistance
I have used this company 3 times for annual cover

DestinationAfrica, Europe and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

The policy is good value for me.

I have some health limitations and paid extra to cover these, but found the insurance cost very reasonable. I have used InsureandGo in the past, although I have not had the need to make a claim.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Travel Insurance

Hope we don't have to use it

The policy was easy to set up. We had to obtain a medical screen which was also easily done and not intrusive but it was comprehensive. We are travelling again later within the 12 month period so the option to take out the one policy was very attractive. Hopefully... we don't have to use the policy.

DestinationMiddle East
Trish

TrishGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problem solved

Since an earlier review, Insure and Go have come through. My issues were resolved to my satisfaction immediately and my claim for an extensive medical account was successfully processed. I will be insuring with them again.

October 1st 2019 Update: Expensive Medical Costs Covered

We were ultimately extremely pleased with Insure and Go. The multi trip policy gave us 60 days at a time. My husband took I’ll in the US and had numerous expensive tests performed in hospital. We didn’t even get a bill. It was all taken care of. I have renewed our policy for another 12 months. The policy was easy to purchase online and was excellent value, especially as it included cover for preexisting illnesses.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJuly 2019
ChrisLyn

ChrisLynSydney, NSW

Easy and Quick to setup

We have used InsureandGo on 6 occasions now;
Good value and easy to setup especially as we now purchase annual/multi coverage;
When we made a claim on a previous policy it was dealt with professionally and was quickly resolved.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), New Zealand, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2017
Bron

BronHunter Region, NSW

Excellent phone service

I had a very good consultant who knew his product well. He called me back at an agreed time to set up my daughter’s policy. Very reliable. I have used this company many tines.

DestinationAfrica, Australia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Geoffrey Johnson

Geoffrey JohnsonIllawarra, NSW

Good Cover for over 70's

We have Taken out annual multi trip travel cover with InsureandGo for 5 years now. We are happy with the cover and fortunately to date we have not needed to make a claim.

DestinationAustralia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

david paton

david patonasked

what does AMT 60 days mean? I can only travel 60 days? can only stay in one country 60 days? Malaysia has 90 day visa , Georgia up to 1 year visa

Hi David, good question.

Our annual multi trip policies provide cover for multiple trips taken within a 12 month period, but the maximum length of each individual trip is 60 days on the Gold AMT 60 days policy you mentioned. This means, visa permitting, you can stay in Malaysia for up to 60 days, then travel to Georgia for up to 60 days, and travel to other countries within the 12 month period for which you buy the policy, but each individual trip cannot exceed 60 days. I hope this clarifies things.

Mary-Anne L.

Mary-Anne L.asked

Does this annual Multi -trip automatically cover cruises

soups
soups

check with the company

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mary-Anne, thanks for reaching out.

We offer a cruise specific policy that has coverage more specific to cruise needs (missed port, cabin confinement and more). You can learn more at: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.jsp

Our annual multi trip policy, however, doesn't provide cover for commercial cruises. We define a commercial cruise as: any travel on sea, ocean or river by any commercially operated ship, boat or other sea vessel with scheduled journey time longer than 2 hours.

I hope this helps.

MPA from South Australia

MPA from South Australiaasked

Hi,
I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions:

Adelaide to -
Uk,
Norway,
Denmark,
Germany,
Austria,
Czech Republic,
Spain
In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3)
(Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA)
Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days
(Caribbean area)
Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando
Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days
(Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area)
Return to USA Fort Lauderdale
Head to:
Washington 5 days
New York 5 days
Fly home to Adelaide

Total days away 63

A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us.

Adventure activity:
During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip.

In light of the background I provided:

is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered)
Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)?
How much would a policy cost for this type of trip?

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Michael

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres.

Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him.

Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price.

I hope this helps.