InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) (page 3 of 7)

• Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks (6), 3+ months (5), 1-2 months (5), 1-2 weeks (3) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (15)
Margaret

MargaretSydney, NSW

Found exactly what I wanted

Nat was very helpful I have a pre-existing condition which complicates matters.
I got a policy which I compared with other insurers and have got the product I wanted at a fair price.
I have used insure and go in the past and have never had to submit a claim yet.

Must have it

Policy was good value and easy to set up, but wish you didn’t have to get a new policy every year. Used this insurance company for three years as have made no claims.

This appears to be good

This is the first time I have used it. It seems to be good value. Hopefully it will suit my needs. If it proves to be good I will use it again

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

Easy purchase, attractive cost.

Gives a greater than 30 day period, which I need and is not easy to find. Am a first time user. Can’t judge claim side, Hope I don’t have to!

Edward

EdwardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Value and Easy to Use

Haven't had to claim yet but so far the process is clear and easy to use. This is the second or third year of insuring with InsureandGo. Lets hope that the claim process is as straight foward

Seems good but haven't had to use it

This is our second time using Insure and Go. It was easy to set up. . At least they insure older people. Haven't had to make a claim at this point.

Vanja U.

Vanja U.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent travel insurance

This was excellent value and so easy to set up. I had to lodge a claim and everything was taken care with absolute best of customer service a person could ask. They took care of the bills directly with the hospital and medical place. Their ongoing concern was so nice and for their continued customer service and to make sure everything was taken care of was beyond and above. I will Always use insure and go I think this is the best travel insurance company on the market and after using many others this one has proved to be the utmost professional and at its best!

Great value

Good value and easy to purchase on line. This was my 4th annual policy. The only hitch I have had is completing this review as the system requires a minimum of 30 words

so far SO GOOD

better value than some but still costly
first time user
multi trip annual policy has good coverage, better than last company used.
no claim made at this time. A number of overseas trips planned in 2020 so will see how it goes.

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

Annual policy for older travellers- excellent!

This is the second annual policy I have purchased with InsureandGo since I turned 70. As an extremely healthy frequent traveller, I am dismayed by how many other travel insurance companies refuse to even consider anyone over 70 for an annual policy. InsureandGo is great value.

Kaye S

Kaye SSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

We never leave home without knowing we are protected

Trip is 4 months away. I like to be protected from the booking of air tickets. Have used before and have never had to make any claim. It is good value and good coverage.

Very good policy.

Policy was very good value and and easy to set up over the phone. I havent had to lodge a claim . My wife and I have used this insurance company 3 times.

Policy is just what I wanted.

I feel the policy is good value. However, the real test is if I have to ever make a claim, which so far I havn't needed to. I always use Insure and Go for my overseas travels, which I have done a lot in recent years.

RHON

RHONSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very happy

Great online service - site easy to navigate - this is the third time I have used this insurance company and feel it is great value. Fortunately, have not had to lodge a claim, so can't comment/

Izzy

Izzy

Travel insurance

In previous years I did lodge a claim and eventually had to convince the person dealing with the claim that the offer didnt reflect the policy. my claim was settled in my favour.
In my other insurance the claims officers made it much easier because they provided without obfiscation what I had paid for.

Stephen D.

Stephen D.South East Queensland, QLD

great service

the insurance I've used for the past two years and again next year is great. Although I haven't needed to use the facilities of the insurance, I am happy to pay the premium for the protection I am garenteed

TONI sheldon

TONI sheldonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Excellent cover at competitive price

I have used Insure and Go for at least last three years single policy and Multi Annual policies
Competative pricing and three grades of cover make for easy decisions when comparing other policies.

Senior traveller

Senior travellerGoulburn Valley, VIC

Friendly service

Good value and staff made it easy to arrange. This is the third timeI have used this company 12 month multi country travel.I have not needed to make a claim.

Not worth the money

Unhappy Insurer
Unhappy Insurer
Geraldine

GeraldineGippsland, VIC

Excellent company for Travel Insurance

I did an enquiry online and someone from thecompany rang me a few days later to see if they could help. Our policy was a bit different as we have both had cancer. The staff member was so helpful and understanding and was able to give us a really great price compared to other companies. We had to lodge a claim and it was paid out within a couple of weeks so very happy and I was kept updated at each stage. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have used InsureandGo

Peter E.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

I purchased a medical cover on the 30 January 2020 to cover me for my trip to USA. The details of the cover have a start date of 06 June 2020 and an end date of 18 June 2020.
As I cannot travel because of government restrictions relating to COVID 19 I have had to cancel my trip. Tickets were provided at no cost so I did not seek travel insurance for them but as I am cancelling the trip prior to departure I am seeking a refund of my medical insurance. Advice I received is that if you haven’t yet started your trip, you may be covered for the Cancellation Costs under our policies sold before 4pm on 31 January 2020 (AEDT). However one of your sales reps advised that I failed to meet the 14 day cooling off period and so not eligible. I find this strange as there is a specific start and end date for the cover and as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I think there has been some confusion here. If you want to cancel your policy and get a full refund of the premium you paid, this will not be possible outside of the 14 day cooling off period. As a gesture of goodwill, we have recently began to offer partial credits on policies. Please let me know if you want more information on this. However, if you want to make a claim on your policy for costs associated with cancelling your trip before departure, (which, from your comments, it doesn't sound like you want to) it sounds like you are eligible, presuming the policy you purchased features this type of cover. Does this clarify things? Thanks, Anna

Hello Anna J.
This is a contract for the cover of medical expenses that might occur between 06/06/2020 and 18/06/2020 (dates are still in the future). How are you able to enforce the contract when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible. (Would not force majeure conditions apply? The 14 day cooling off period would not apply in this case as an unforeseen subsequent event outside the control of the parties has made the contract impossible to perform, or has transformed performance of the obligations under the contract into something so radically different from that which the parties intended that it would be unfair to hold the parties to their obligations. This was a one off contract for that period only and was not covered by any travel insurance.
There are still 12 days to go before the policy would even come into effect so your 14 day cooling off period regarding when the payment was made is irrelevent to this contract. Again as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I understand your position, but unfortunately, we cannot offer full refunds on policies, I'm sorry. From the moment your policy was purchased, it provided cover, and therefore was being used up before the travel dates on your policy. An example of this is the cancellation before departure cover, whereby if you had needed to cancel your trip due to unforeseen injury or illness, you would have been eligible to claim the costs associated with cancellation. This is part of the reason we are unable to provide refunds or 100% credits. If you would be at all open to it, I would like to follow up via private message with some more information about our credits system. Thanks, Anna

david paton

david patonasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

what does AMT 60 days mean? I can only travel 60 days? can only stay in one country 60 days? Malaysia has 90 day visa , Georgia up to 1 year visa

Hi David, good question.

Our annual multi trip policies provide cover for multiple trips taken within a 12 month period, but the maximum length of each individual trip is 60 days on the Gold AMT 60 days policy you mentioned. This means, visa permitting, you can stay in Malaysia for up to 60 days, then travel to Georgia for up to 60 days, and travel to other countries within the 12 month period for which you buy the policy, but each individual trip cannot exceed 60 days. I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks, Anna

Mary-Anne L.

Mary-Anne L.asked

Does this annual Multi -trip automatically cover cruises

soups
soups

check with the company

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mary-Anne, thanks for reaching out.

We offer a cruise specific policy that has coverage more specific to cruise needs (missed port, cabin confinement and more). You can learn more at: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.jsp

Our annual multi trip policy, however, doesn't provide cover for commercial cruises. We define a commercial cruise as: any travel on sea, ocean or river by any commercially operated ship, boat or other sea vessel with scheduled journey time longer than 2 hours.

I hope this helps.

Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceUp to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)
Permanent Disability$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500
Delayed Luggage $750 after 24 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $8,000