InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) (page 4 of 7)

• Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks (6), 3+ months (5), 1-2 months (5), 1-2 weeks (3) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (11) · No (15)
whitewitch

whitewitchBatehaven

Good Insurance Co. and value for money.

We have used Insureandgo previously and found them satisfactory. I have previous medical issues and this Insurance company were the only ones to insure me. We had to pay a little more, but felt it worthwhile

Great cover for a reasonable price

Insure and go were able to cover pre existing conditions (excludes North and South America) at a reasonable cost. Multi Trip cover well worth considering for regular travelers. Telesales staff were helpful and able to answer all my questions.

Ken Muir

Ken Muir

Good cover at good rate

Policy, compared to others was good value and easy to set up
A claim was lodged and dealt with professionally. I was concerned with the 7 day deadline to lodge my claim because of the difficulty in gathering information but this was sorted out and I am grateful for the assistance
I have used this company 3 times for annual cover

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

The policy is good value for me.

I have some health limitations and paid extra to cover these, but found the insurance cost very reasonable. I have used InsureandGo in the past, although I have not had the need to make a claim.

Hope we don't have to use it

The policy was easy to set up. We had to obtain a medical screen which was also easily done and not intrusive but it was comprehensive. We are travelling again later within the 12 month period so the option to take out the one policy was very attractive. Hopefully... we don't have to use the policy.

Trish

TrishGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Problem solved

Since an earlier review, Insure and Go have come through. My issues were resolved to my satisfaction immediately and my claim for an extensive medical account was successfully processed. I will be insuring with them again.

October 1st 2019 Update: Expensive Medical Costs Covered

We were ultimately extremely pleased with Insure and Go. The multi trip policy gave us 60 days at a time. My husband took I’ll in the US and had numerous expensive tests performed in hospital. We didn’t even get a bill. It was all taken care of. I have renewed our policy for another 12 months. The policy was easy to purchase online and was excellent value, especially as it included cover for preexisting illnesses.

ChrisLyn

ChrisLynSydney, NSW

Easy and Quick to setup

We have used InsureandGo on 6 occasions now;
Good value and easy to setup especially as we now purchase annual/multi coverage;
When we made a claim on a previous policy it was dealt with professionally and was quickly resolved.

Bron

BronHunter Region, NSW

Excellent phone service

I had a very good consultant who knew his product well. He called me back at an agreed time to set up my daughter’s policy. Very reliable. I have used this company many tines.

Geoffrey Johnson

Geoffrey JohnsonIllawarra, NSW

Good Cover for over 70's

We have Taken out annual multi trip travel cover with InsureandGo for 5 years now. We are happy with the cover and fortunately to date we have not needed to make a claim.

Good cover Good company

I thought the policy was expensive and I had hope that having been a policy holder for the past 4-5 years I may have been offered some discount or offered a promotional code.
An earlier claim was resolved quickly and without fuss.
For the past 4-5 years

David

DavidSydney, NSW

A good travel policy for annual multi trips

I found it easy to purchase online & good value
Not necessary to contact the office for assistance
Policy was emailed back promptly
I have used tis policy again for next year
A cancelled flight in Hong Kong required a night stay over at an airport hotel.
Claim still pending

Peter D

Peter DPerth, WA

Travel insurance for golden oldies

It is proving very expensive to obtain reasonable cover for aging members of the population. We hope the cost this time will prove worthwhile.
Setting up cover for two people was fairly straightforward. Have yet to start our travels

So far so good

The policy seems like very good value and easy to purchase through their website. This is the first time I have used this insurance company and haven’t yet departed on this trip.

Peter G

Peter GSydney, NSW

A policy I'll be recommending to friends

I liked this travel insurance policy because the PDS was comprehensive but easy to follow; the increases for pre-existing conditions were reasonable; & it was good value compared with other policies.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Disappointing for its lack of flexibility

The policy was very expensive because it was either all in or all out for preexisting conditions and did not provide flexibility in being able to select which preexisting conditions one can choose to include in the insurance cover and which one can choose not to include in the insurance cover. This raised the cost of the insurance very greatly

Reluctant User
Reluctant User

Intrepid traveller

Intrepid travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting to see how things go with my claim

Policy was easy to set up and good price. I have used Insure and Go only once. I have had to lodge a claim recently and I am still waiting to see how that goes. If it goes as well as the rest of the process, this will be a really good company to deal with.

Mark

MarkMurray Region, NSW

Clear and easy to comprehend

I found the site easy to navigate, clear and it was easy to understand the cover. I also found the PDS sensible and not hard to find specific information that I needed.
I have used this company years ago when living in the UK and then found them fantastic. Their Choice awards helped.

CJ

CJSydney, NSW

Be careful with your laptop in luggage

I am so pleased I took a policy out - my company couldn't clarify what our insurance did and didn't cover so I bought my own. The only small issue I had is when taking it I asked if it covers technology and they said yes however it only covers laptops if they are with you not in luggage, fair enough, only wish they had told me that at the point of taking the policy.

Chris B

Chris BPerth, WA

Easy to use and price competitive.
Website was well laid out and simple to navigate.
Hopefully if the need to make a claim is required it will be just as simple to navigate

Mike J

Mike JRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Easy to apply. Fortunately I haven't had cause to put a claim in yet

So far it feels good value. We have not had to use the claim line yet. This is the third year we've used this company. Easy to apply for a policy on line.

Peter E.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

I purchased a medical cover on the 30 January 2020 to cover me for my trip to USA. The details of the cover have a start date of 06 June 2020 and an end date of 18 June 2020.
As I cannot travel because of government restrictions relating to COVID 19 I have had to cancel my trip. Tickets were provided at no cost so I did not seek travel insurance for them but as I am cancelling the trip prior to departure I am seeking a refund of my medical insurance. Advice I received is that if you haven’t yet started your trip, you may be covered for the Cancellation Costs under our policies sold before 4pm on 31 January 2020 (AEDT). However one of your sales reps advised that I failed to meet the 14 day cooling off period and so not eligible. I find this strange as there is a specific start and end date for the cover and as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I think there has been some confusion here. If you want to cancel your policy and get a full refund of the premium you paid, this will not be possible outside of the 14 day cooling off period. As a gesture of goodwill, we have recently began to offer partial credits on policies. Please let me know if you want more information on this. However, if you want to make a claim on your policy for costs associated with cancelling your trip before departure, (which, from your comments, it doesn't sound like you want to) it sounds like you are eligible, presuming the policy you purchased features this type of cover. Does this clarify things? Thanks, Anna

Hello Anna J.
This is a contract for the cover of medical expenses that might occur between 06/06/2020 and 18/06/2020 (dates are still in the future). How are you able to enforce the contract when certain circumstances beyond their control arise, making performance inadvisable, commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible. (Would not force majeure conditions apply? The 14 day cooling off period would not apply in this case as an unforeseen subsequent event outside the control of the parties has made the contract impossible to perform, or has transformed performance of the obligations under the contract into something so radically different from that which the parties intended that it would be unfair to hold the parties to their obligations. This was a one off contract for that period only and was not covered by any travel insurance.
There are still 12 days to go before the policy would even come into effect so your 14 day cooling off period regarding when the payment was made is irrelevent to this contract. Again as I cannot travel because of government restrictions after an epidemic then I should be able to get my full payment back.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Peter, I understand your position, but unfortunately, we cannot offer full refunds on policies, I'm sorry. From the moment your policy was purchased, it provided cover, and therefore was being used up before the travel dates on your policy. An example of this is the cancellation before departure cover, whereby if you had needed to cancel your trip due to unforeseen injury or illness, you would have been eligible to claim the costs associated with cancellation. This is part of the reason we are unable to provide refunds or 100% credits. If you would be at all open to it, I would like to follow up via private message with some more information about our credits system. Thanks, Anna

david paton

david patonasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

what does AMT 60 days mean? I can only travel 60 days? can only stay in one country 60 days? Malaysia has 90 day visa , Georgia up to 1 year visa

Hi David, good question.

Our annual multi trip policies provide cover for multiple trips taken within a 12 month period, but the maximum length of each individual trip is 60 days on the Gold AMT 60 days policy you mentioned. This means, visa permitting, you can stay in Malaysia for up to 60 days, then travel to Georgia for up to 60 days, and travel to other countries within the 12 month period for which you buy the policy, but each individual trip cannot exceed 60 days. I hope this clarifies things.

Thanks, Anna

Mary-Anne L.

Mary-Anne L.asked

Does this annual Multi -trip automatically cover cruises

soups
soups

check with the company

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mary-Anne, thanks for reaching out.

We offer a cruise specific policy that has coverage more specific to cruise needs (missed port, cabin confinement and more). You can learn more at: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.jsp

Our annual multi trip policy, however, doesn't provide cover for commercial cruises. We define a commercial cruise as: any travel on sea, ocean or river by any commercially operated ship, boat or other sea vessel with scheduled journey time longer than 2 hours.

I hope this helps.

Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceUp to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)
Permanent Disability$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500
Delayed Luggage $750 after 24 hours
Credit Card FraudNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $8,000