Internode NBN 100 (Platinum)

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hopeless

This has been my experience over the last 2 weeks;

Previously, a customer for 8 years paying Internode $1000 per annum.

Not sure of date but Fetch TV packed in again - 3rd time in 8 years. Telephoned Internode, no problem, will replace box for free, like for like.

Subsequently received a Fetch TV Mini - no what I wanted, or needed.

Telephoned Internode and explained situation, told I would need to pay for a replacement with a Mighty Fetch TV box - at the lowered price of $250. Not happy about this (as this will be my 4th box in 8 years) but accepted I had to pay.

Thursday 8th Aug, received AusPost notification that parcel waiting for me in Post Office.

Get home, find there is no usual delivery post card which is odd, but went into post office the following morning 9/8.

Told that parcel has been signed over to a someone else - later I find out from Star Track that Internode could have "airlocked" parcel to require my signature, but this box not ticked on delivery postcard (I obtained a photocopy of the delivery postcard from the Post Office with my forged signature signing the parcel over to another name).

Now the fun begins;

I report what has happened to AusPost and Internode on 9/8

I am advised by Internode that I will be called back later that day - no call comes

I call Internode on 10/8 and Ia m told to call back on Monday 12/8 as "Modem Distribution" dept will be open

I call on Monday 12/8 and am told that I will be called back in 24-48 hours to be told what is happening - no call comes

I call on the afternoon on Wednesday 14/8 and am told that managers are involved and I will be called back in 1-1.5 hours - no call comes

I call back before leaving work on Wednesday 14/8 and am told that I could go to the Internode Office in Adelaide the next day to pick up a new box. I am sceptical about this so I ask him to send an email to the Grenfell St office to confirm this - he tells me not to go there before 1030AM as they won't be ready. Suggests that I also call Star Track as Internode have raised a ticket with them and if I phone Star Track they might process the investigation more quickly

I use my lunch break on Thursday 15/8 to cycle in from work to pick up the Fetch TV box from the Internode Office in Grenfell St

Surprise, surprise, no Fetch TV box is ready or forthcoming.

Lengthy discussion again of the situation.

Advised that email had been received from Internode, sent to Internode asking them if they could arrange a Fetch TV box for me. Internode did not agree with Internode that this was a good idea and wanted to have more discussions with Internode to see if Internode could work out the best way forward.

Advised that I would "likely" get a call back from Internode by COB on Friday

I telephoned Internode to try and speak to the person from the day before but he was not available. Spoke to someone else who said he would send an email asking him to call me back. Ha.

I telephone Star Track (as requested by Internode) and they tell me there is no point calling them and that I should ask Internode to liaise with them. They tell me that Internode would need to tell them to "airlock" parcels if they should only be signed for by the addressee.

What a giant waste of time.

I reckon I have spent over $10,000 with Internode over the last 8 years but this seems to count for nothing.

Am I likely to get this "Mighty" Fetch TV box one day? Perhaps Internode think I have stolen it. It certainly feels like that. It would be nice to think that Internode/Star Track and Auspost could work out what went wrong between them but in the meantime there is some recognition that I am a customer of Internode, not of the delivery service they have employed.

I reckon I have spent 5 hours dealing with this. Any chance of recompense? I am sure there is not. Any chance of an apology and some kind of helpful service? It appears not.

Any chance of a call back when one is promised? I doubt it.

Start DateDecember 2011
Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ben, We are incredibly sorry to hear this, as this is not how we usually do things and we're very unhappy to see this occur. Our sincerest apologies. We'd love to lend a hand with this - if you can, please reply here with a ticket number (you can also obtain one, here: https://secure2.internode.on.net/contact/online/support/) and we'll do whatever we can to have this sorted for you. - L.

Data: Excellent. Phone: non-existent

I have had no problems with the data service (which was the main reason I took out an Internode subscription in the first place).

But since the advent of the NBN, and the removal of my fixed land-line, I have been without a phone connection because of the difficulties of the NBN. I have tried to get it working, but there is little information to help, and the help service has been perfunctory at best. Suffice to say I have given up on a bad system.

Start DateOctober 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hey A J Hurst, We're happy to hear that the data portion of your service is working well, but we're disappointed to hear that the voice service hasn't met your expectations. We are keen to help with this - if you happen to have a ticket number, please reply with that here (or you can create one, here: https://secure2.internode.on.net/contact/online/support/) and we'll then locate your account and happily lend a hand. - L.

Simply the best

I've been with Internode ever since ADSL2+ was introduced. I now have NBN 100 (Platinum) with Internode and couldn't be happier. I can't remember ever having a drop out (that wasn't my fault) and no service issues I can think of. Any time I've called the tech team, they have been very helpful and answered my questions to the best of their knowledge.
I wouldn't hesitate in the least to recommend Internode as a sound internet provider, and often have.

Start DateOctober 2006
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for the incredible recommendation, Kevin! We are so very happy to hear that your NBN 100 plan is doing so well for you. - L.

CUSTOMER SERVICE - cant be beat

I have been a Customer of Internode for 13 years and I wouldnt use any other Service. Their easy going, layman terms makes it easier for me at 70 to understand what I need to do. Their Service is exceptional and I would go as far to say they give better Service than any other business that I have dealt with. Keep up the great standard Internode.

Connection TypeWireless
Thank you for the kind words, Kerryl! We're over the moon to have been able to provide such a great service for you over the past 13 years. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. - Joshy

Internode are No.1

I have been with Internode for approximately 15 years from ADSL at the start to NBN more recently. I was concerned about changing to NBN after hearing all the horror stories but I have had zero issues with Internode. Their customer service is and always has been faultless hence why I have stayed with them for so long. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Mark H, we are absolutely stoked to read this. We're thrilled that your 15 years with us has more than met your expectations and we're looking forward to many more years ahead. - Leo

Certainly much better than the previous ADSL

Yes there have been some problems with my connection to the NBN - BUt I must say the High efficiency of the Internode customer service staff is by far the best I have encounted. I happily recommend Internode to all.

Start DateMay 2008
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Rob W, thank you for trusting in us and recommending us! If you're happy with us, then we are happy, too. - L

High level of customer service and reliable internet access!!

I have been a long term customer of Internode and have always found the service to be of a very high standard. Internet never fails and customer service level (when I moved houses) was excellent. They are easy to deal with and make things simple for a techno-phobe like me to understand. Highly recommend this company.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Anne, Thank you for the opportunity to help you! We want you to have the best connection possible, so don't worry about being a techno-phone. We'll continue to do the best that we can to help. - L

A few hiccups at first, but no problems now.

We have experienced drop outs but not recently. By dropouts we mean a lot of buffering when watching a movie or similar on tv from Netflix etc. Sometimes the children's mobile phones seem to drop out for a while and then on again. But not recently. All good now.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you Val and Roger! We appreciate that new connections may have some teething pains and sorting out internal Wi-Fi can be part of that, so we are happy that everything seems to be working well for you. - L

Streeming is just great so that makes the performance great

we have had drop outs but are few and far between

Internode is one of if not the best company for service and support I have found very quick to answer always willing to help

Adequate Speeds No
Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you so much Johnb, we are proud to have you as a customer! - L

Appalling customer service with Internode

I have just cancelled my internode internet and phone service after they were unable to resolve my issue for over 3 weeks. I was repeatedly told a manager would take on my case and resolve my issue. After 3 weeks I gave up and moved to a new provider. Their customer service is terrible. I definitely do not recommend Internode.

Start DateAugust 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Matt, We're deeply disappointed to read this, as this is not the outcome we hoped to see. We do sincerely apologise; this clearly isn't good enough on our part. Some issues may take longer to resolve than what we'd like and all customers have access to our Complaints Handling Policy: https://www.internode.on.net/about/legal/complaints_handling/ If this remains unresolved, please, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll gladly do whatever we can. Alternatively, we're always able to assist, so feel free to reply here with a ticket number and we'll also arrange help. - L.I was told repeatedly that a manager would contact me and handle my issue. This went on for over three weeks. I was told everyday that someone would step up and handle my issue properly. This never happened. Your staff have told me all kinds of nonsense like an "email had forgotten to be sent" and then an "email that was written in the past" immediately arrived in my inbox. I was contacted by someone who told me to reply to their email but then at the end of their email said that they were on leave from the time of that email and could not respond for weeks. Your staff have passed the buck for the last 3 weeks and the entire experience has been atrocious. For some reason every interaction I had with Internode was being broadcast on my public Facebook feed and I had no knowledge of this. My friends pulled me aside last week and told me to just get away from Internode because of the way I was being treated. I tried to give you guys another 10 days to resolve this but was just continually given the run around by your staff. Internode also conveniently strung me along for the last part of my monthly contract so that I have just passed another billing period and am paying for the next month's internet service when I have already changed ISP's. I made a complaint and never heard anything back. I asked multiple times for this to be escalated to the next level and was promised it would be but this never happened. I am so unhappy with the way I have been treated and also very annoyed that someone has posted this claiming to help after everything I have been through and all the effort I have put in trying to get a resolution. #19455610Hi Matt, Thanks for returning with extra information and background. This is very much appreciated and helps us to decide on our next course of action which will sending this to our Customer Relations team, as per the policy previously outlined. This team will be in touch within the next 2 working days and will work one-on-one with you to bring this best possible resolution, as we do want to see this fixed for you. - Leo

have just upgraded to bronze unlimited, will be going to platinum on next rollover, very happy so far

Have had no issues with connection, minor dealt with efficiently by internode. recent issue with shutdown and arranging new password which was rectified by Technician, Mark. Everything now working smoothly. Thanking you very much for your assistance

Thanks you for allowing to help you, Alfred! - Leo

Wireless was the only option

Wireless NBN was my only option and I needed a reliable service, which Tesltra has failed miserably to do in the past. Changing to Internode was easy, and until just recently connection was faultless. The connection issues and dropouts have been caused by NBN, not Internode. When I've contacted Internode about the problems they were really helpful and able to give me a time frame as to when issues would be resolved. This is really important when running a small business.

Start DateNovember 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Thank you so very much for moving to us, Ch1bs! We are extremely happy to hear that we have been able to help your business and yourself and we look forward to being able to do so, we'll into the future. -L.

Hi drop-out rate

Internet drops out 5-10 times a day, which can be very frustrating. While connection hasn’t improved, Internode communication has been wonderful, sending regular follow up emails explaining action being taken

Connection TypeI don't know
Wonderful to hear the team are already across the issue with the dropouts and are working to get that sorted out for you, Jenny! Looking forward to getting that all taken care of and resolved soon. - T

Best option for a family with greedy teenage data users !

Hard to comment on this as it has not been a week since the NBN was connected to my property but it looks good at this stage. I think you should rethink the requirement for 30 words BTW

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks very much for your review and recommendation, Valmai! You can always come back and adjust your review accordingly when you've given the connection and service a bigger test or can always reflect on any prior experiences with us on the whole. - T

A great service which hasn't let us down.

Safe and reliable with great backup service. Steady high speed streaming always available and shore based people you can call if you need help with all things technical, account details or usage profile.

Start DateMay 2015
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks for your glowing review there, Mike! Glad to he hear you're loving the service and support from us! - T

Great service and technical support

I have been with Internode for over 8 years (now at 2 premises) and always enjoyed a consistent level of connection with very rare dropouts. I particularly have stayed with Internode because of the excellent standard of technical support that I have received from them - I typically contact them about once per year, usually because of an issue that I have caused myself, and they are always polite and stay on the line until they know that the problem has been resolved to my satisfaction. I highly recommend Internode as an ISP.

Start DateApril 2011
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation, Ian! Fantastic to hear that the support team is there for you to sort out those issues if and when they happen :) - T

Great product

Should've changed to this sooner instead of putting up with streaming issues and screens freezing because I live in an area with a bit of interference - keep up the good work!

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Andrea, We're glad to hear that your upgrade has improved your connection and made streaming easier and more enjoyable. Cheers for taking the time to share your experience. - Joshy

I have never had reason to complain.

I find this internet provider very professional and never have I had grounds to complain.

Very fast very reliable !

I’m moving soon and will be staying with internode !

Telephone service always excellent

Start DateNovember 2015
Connection TypeI don't know
Thanks so very much, Lee! - L.

Where are all these problems people have with the NBN? Guess they're not with Internode.

Never had a drop out and consistently reaching very close to the speed/s of service I am paying for.

Have had occasion to contact them with minor queries and no waiting on the line. They bettered my expectations with dealing with these, and were patient if they had to explain something to me.

Start DateApril 2007
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hello Dennis, Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that your services with us have met your expectations and that our team has been able to assist you, when needed! - L.

Faster speed than I had hoped for!

During the day we are getting 93/43Mbps with a good reliable connection. Evening speed is about half the day speed which is still terrific. The service was added on the planned day and took only one quick phone call to tech suppport to update the Fritz!box settings. Very happy with the speed and the service.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Please, don't hesitate to chat to our team whenever you need to. - L.