Internode NBN 100 (Platinum)

Internode NBN 100 (Platinum)

2.1

• Adequate Speeds Yes · No (11%)
Josh88

Josh88Hunter Region, NSW

Worst ISP I have been with

This has to be the worst ISP I have ever been with. I'm stuck using them for work, lucky me! Speed fluctuates consistently, I never get the top speed ever! Several speed tests receive different results. In a period if 5 minutes i will do 3 speed tests and come back with DL speeds of 20mbps then 8mbps, then 3mbps. At at the same time every day I get drop outs and less then 1mbps. Several phone calls with internode has them scratching their head saying everything is fine. Well, it isn't. I was with Optus prior and had consistent speeds and nowhere near as much trouble. Internode dont give a crap about their customers and seem to have no idea how to fix a problem.

Start DateJune 2020

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Djay
Djay
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Internode NBN 100 (Platinum) compares to other Internet Service Providers

JasonAdelaide, South Australia

OK service, OK price, OK speed - If you are an average Joe with average expectations, Internode is for you.

Jason

World's most pretentious response: "We are proud of the service standards that we set"

Call your own support number now - see what happens....

Still trying to get it provisioned after 5 weeks

I've been a customer with internode for about 12 years.
Signed up for an NBN connection in April, its still not connected, after several phone calls to the Internode provisioning team (Not located in Australia) i was told that my connection was on hold and they didn't know when it will be able to be connected, but it will 'probably take another 2 weeks'.
The provisioning team has promised to chase up why the connection is on hold, and phone me back, one promised a call back in 48 hours, one promised a call back in 24 hours, one promised a manager will call back the same day. I have not received a single email, sms, or phone call from Internode in the past 5 weeks.

7empestCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Used to be ok, but they’ve gradually become horrid

What happened to Internode? I now pay $100 a month for a 20mpbs connection. For TWO MONTHS they’ve Ignored my requests for help. They’ve gone downhill so fast and that’s a big shame.

Start DateJanuary 2017

21174334 - feel free to call me directly with your excuses

Customer ServiceInternode

Thank you. We've escalated your concerns with the team and a manager will be in touch to follow up with you further.

- Chris

Igor

IgorSydney, NSW

False advertising and poor service

Internode used to provide great service when it was Australian-based, but now relies on incompetent off-shore call-centres that do not care and have no idea what I signed up for.

Heathenbrisbane

Declining product and service

When i joined internode 4 years ago i was getting 98mb/s and now im down to 30mb/s on the same 100mb/s platinum plan.... clearly their customer to bandwidth ratio has been increased to increase profit.....i have just downgraded my plan to a 50mb/s plan as there no point paying for a speed im not getting....No the issue is not with my hardware or the line! If my speeds decrease further when my 50mb/s plan becomes active I will be changing providers.

Start DateNovember 2016
Heathen

Ticket number is 21255802. I am paying $100 per month for 100mbs and getting 30mbs so if it is not resolved in a timely manner you can release me from my 2 year contract with no penalty and i will go else where.

Franck Alcidi

Franck AlcidiPalmerston, NT

Internode have been the best ISP for the last 20 years!

Overall I feel Internode have been an excellent company to deal with and their service has been second to none. I mean why would I still be with them for over 20 years now? They have always responded quickly to any issue which could be dealt from their end. We've had the odd drop out but generally that hasn't been their fault and to be honest we've had very little over the last 20 years. They also have great speeds but would like to see them catch up to some other companies who have faster speeds which is why I said no to the comment "Are the speeds you receive adequate relative to the plan you are on?".

Customer ServiceInternode

Franck, we are just blown away by this! 20 years tenure, so much praise for our team and excellent service. Thank you so much!

James M.South East Queensland, QLD

NBN FTTP is great; NBN HFC is "okay"; FTTN is rubbish.

Start DateJuly 2018
Contract Type18-month contract
Zeppelin-Floyd

Zeppelin-FloydLaunceston, TAS

INTERNODE OR TELSTRA

INTERNODE are worse then Telstra. Customer service is terrible. Alot of billing issues. Refunds are not provided. Technical support take forever to answer and just argue with you. I am guessing it is due to lack of training. Complaints procedure is pretty much non existent. Have moved to Aussie broadband after being with INTERNODE for years.

SueSydney, NSW

Internode NBN shocking

I have been an Internode customer for 7 years with no problems when on fibre. Since changing to NBN our internet keeps dropping and lagging. Not happy at all. Customer service wasn’t very helpful

Data TypeCapped Data

Jacques v.Perth, WA

10 years on and Internode has to go

Service is consistent, however after a recent relocation internode failed repeatedly to procide a connection within timeframes they specified. Customer service is poor and they will typically not provide a call to update clients on service provison.

If you decide to go with Internode their connection speed is ok and drop outs were minimal. However, customer support is lacking.

Start DateJune 2010

Terrible drops o constantly doesnt get over 8mb

Could handle the 8mb IF IT ACTUALLY WORKED but it drops out several times a day just completely loses access drives me bananas!!!! No 24/7 tech support!!! So its 6:25am and yet again i wake up and the internet wont work restart modem restart computer no and no. Try to contact them its out of hours Im so sick of them dont go with this company they pay people for fake positive reviews!!!

Start DateMay 2018
mandy

thankyou i have been in touch and a tech has come out advising its an nbn issue. i am now waiting for confirmation of a work order from internode for the nbn fix. i will change this to a positive review if the outcome changes.

Not too bad

Pretty reliable unless it rains then it tends to disconnect. Only a problem if you are in the middle of a film and it ruins the flow, but eh, first world problems!

mlhope

mlhopeNortheast, VIC

Gamer

my connection is around 60ms dropouts are very rear had a bad modem internode replaced it very quickly when you have a house full of teenagers staedy internet is needed to keep the peice lol

Start DateFebruary 2002
Customer ServiceInternode

Glad to hear that we can deliver for your house and keep things cool calm and collected in that respect! Thanks for sharing your review and experience with us here. - T

johnb

johnbCentral, SA

Streeming is just great so that makes the performance great

we have had drop outs but are few and far between

Internode is one of if not the best company for service and support I have found very quick to answer always willing to help

Customer ServiceInternode

Thank you so much Johnb, we are proud to have you as a customer!

Appalling customer service with Internode

I have just cancelled my internode internet and phone service after they were unable to resolve my issue for over 3 weeks. I was repeatedly told a manager would take on my case and resolve my issue. After 3 weeks I gave up and moved to a new provider. Their customer service is terrible. I definitely do not recommend Internode.

Start DateAugust 2019

Terrible

30 days in and im still not connected. Dealing with australian tech support who deal with indian provisioning who deal with NBNco, like playing chinese whispers with 48 hour delay.

Start DateJune 2019
Brendon P.
Brendon P.

Can’t live without it

Yes we have dropouts maybe because we have a faulty mighty box which is to be replaced next week so will see when the box is replaced at least we get help when we call internode and always polite

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Do you use M2 or Vocus / iprimus or Telstra, or anything as your backbones (in postcode 4102, in my case) - which I thought could be the case whether you are using ADSL or NBN(?) via any ISP?

I was also reading your webpage - https://www.internode.on.net/about/our_network/
but could not find anything specific.

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Hi, I wish to check whether you have your own infrastructure at Woolloongabba QLD 4102, or otherwise what backbone you use? I am in an apartment hooked up to FTTB with another ISP. They use V_cus, which I heard so many people saying it is no good. The speed is terrible (for what I pay for) - and it has been deteriorating for the last 18 months. 700kB/s (kilo bytes per second) downloading a file e.g. windows updates (or even just reading news on abc.net.au), any time, date or night (even at 2am, 3am or so), weekday or weekend, they say it is good enough and it is not their fault. I am confused.

Hi TrueReviews,

Thanks for taking a few moments to ask your question.

We currently don't have our own infrastructure in your area, as connections here are serviced by NBN.

We'd suggest working with your current provider with regards to the speed issues, as following their escalation or complaint process may give you the result you need. At the very least, they should be able to organise a fault or technician visit for you, especially to have the cabling between the FTTB unit and your socket checked.

In the meantime, you're more than welcome to review our NBN plan, available here:

Also, feel free to make direct contact with our Sales team via:

- L

Get an answer from our members and Internode representatives

Other Internet Service Providers