Listing monitored by Ipstar

• Adequate Speeds Yes (3) · No (9)
Paul Buegge
Paul BueggeSouth West, WA

Disappointing internet service

Poor internet, discontinued email service with no reduction in monthly cost, customer portal not user friendly, expensive data, no information on outages. Technical assistance operators are polite and usually helpful.

disappointed

Connection and speed have been wonderful. I was disappointed when I was sold a plan that didn't have enough data for me despite me explaining I steam you tube and netflix and am doing a several internet based courses. I used 50% of my data in 2 days.
I have had to wait a month to increase my data.
Would have been nice to have been heard when I first signed up.
I wont be recommending Ipstar.

Maria B

Not that helpful, but thanks. My issue was being put on a plan that was insufficient for my needs and having to wait weeks to get upgraded. I do not have the ability to upload during off peak to my TV.

Joanne Houghton
Joanne HoughtonFar North Queensland, QLD

Ordered phone & internet - Only internet connected. STILL waiting on phone.

Internet took a while to be completed due to lost package but all good now and is working perfectly so far. Also ordered a business phone line. Nothing. Still nothing. Still waiting. I told humans over the phone and left message through website. Still Nothing. Still waiting.

Scotty
ScottySouth East Queensland, QLD

No that fast at all compared to other providers we have used

Since swapping ipstar we have noticed our speed has noticeably dropped off and takes forever to load things. The connection drops in and out at times way more often than when we were with another provider. Conducting speed tests on our devices tells us we are not getting anywhere near the speeds promised, but to prove this you need a laptop or computer connected directly to the nbn box to run the tests. Unfortunately we have neither of these devices as we all have smart phones, tablets, smart tv ect. So we are stuck with this slow speed until we can swap to mobile data plans

Neil Waters
Neil WatersNorth-East, TAS

Its not much faster than dial up

My signal strength has weakened already and I have been online only 3 weeks. My computer will only pick up the signal in the kitchen now but up until yesterday it was working fine in my dining room.

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Neil, Thanks for the feedback. I would like to find out more about your situation. Do you mind if I arrange a staff member to give you a call and looking into this for you?

Review collected in partnership with Ipstar

Slow. And pay 2x much than NBN wireless and only for 300Gb where wireless is unlimited. It's overpriced and poor signal.

Slow. Expensive. Unreliable. I hate that I m stuck with an unreliable Service that has off peak during hours when people are sleeping!
I don't understand how it can cost half if not less for unlimited wireless NBN! We do not have a choice so we are stuck using this stupid Service!

Review collected in partnership with Ipstar

Be Warned! Terrible customer service!

We are on fixed wireless and whilst I can’t fault the actual internet provided I can’t say the same for their customer service, we are currently on day 24 without internet and after making many many phone calls I still can’t get the information I requested as to where our new router is.....they don’t appear to talk to each other or have any type of customer follow up policy. I did as they requested and returned the faulty router asap (ensuring NO parts missing) but it seems they don’t have the same urgency in getting the new one out to me. Such a shame as I thought I had finally found a good internet company!

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Holly, we apologise that you have had this experience. Could you please send us a pm with your customer number so we can take a look at what's happening with your account and to help you out with this?

Holly
Holly
IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Dean
DeanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A gradual decline

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Dean, thank you for your review today and feedback, we apologise for your recent experience. I would like to help you and look into what happened here. Could you please pm me your customer number so I can take a look at your account?

Craig
CraigNorth Western Region, NSW

Ipstar skymuster peak speed terrible

Been with ipstarbroadband skymuster for years 25/5 speed, plan 150/150 now 200/100 and had amazing speeds. Moved houses 1km away and had to get a new connection several months ago, since than I get speeds of 20+mbps during offpeak hrs yet get dialled back to -1mbps onpeak hrs. Bills all up to date yet ipstar still cannot fix the problem, looking at cancelling contracts as I’m getting no where with them

Nicola Lee
Nicola LeeWestern Australia

Disappointed

Our connection is very slow it is measuring 1.1mb per second. This is s concern as we cannot do what we need to do. That is: distance education and uni studies. As well as emails downloads and messaging.

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Nicola, thank you for your review and feedback today. We would like to help you and take a look at this. Could you please pm us your customer number so that we can help you?

Benjamin
BenjaminSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Not real happy

Keeps dropping in n out when I'm racing on forza on me xbox one. ol mate who come hooked it up knew he could make the service better but didn't want to work

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Benjamin, I will have someone contact you today to see if there's anything we can do to help you with your gaming connection.

Barry SullivanNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Over priced for what you get

Half the time its not accessable.
Asked to combine 2 accounts into 1 but got told too hard to do ?? All this modern technology in this day & age and the simplest request is.. too hard.

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Barry, Thank you for your review and feedback today. Unfortunately our system is unable to do that at the moment. But I would like to get someone to contact you about it not being accessible for you to see if we can help.

Barry Sullivan

i have requested to have my 2 accounts combined into one , twice and been told both times your un-able to do it.

Find out how Ipstar compares to other Internet Service Providers

Regularly have days without internet and will drop out speratically speeds get very slow in the afternoon and evening.

Lately it hasn’t been great.
Always experiencing drop outs.
I was on the phone to an Ipstar technician for a long time trying to resolve this all the settings on the router were change, very annoying as when the internet came back on the router wasn’t set up correctly and I was advised NBN we’re doing maintenance.

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Hi Jesse, thank you for your review and feedback today. I have passed it onto the team and will ask them to see if there's anything we can do about the drop outs you mentioned for you.

Liza Balmain
Liza BalmainCecil Plains

Good when it works but terrible telephone support service

When I first contacted the IP Star Sales team it seemed reasonably easy to get through to them. However, after having had our NBN Satellite installed, if we have had any dramas or drop outs it is near on impossible to get through to support staff. IP Star really needs to improve its game when it comes to telephone support, because they are honestly more frustrating than Telstra to try and get through to and that is saying something!

Connection TypeNBN Satellite (Sky Muster)

Unreliable speeds by NBN. Slow customer service response

Speeds are all over the place. Paying for 25mbps and have seen 0.5 a few times. Just not good enough.

Customer service response too slow to issues. Waited nearly 36 hours for a return call. Clearly need more people.

Connection TypeISP Satellite