2iRobot Roomba 630

4.2

81% · 11714 · 10%

Demi
DemiSydney Surrounds, NSW14 posts

Excellent for picking up Pet hair

Very happy with the 630 model , I have timber,carpet,and Vinyl floors the iRobot is great on all surfaces but struggles a little on a long shag pile mat .

Great for picking up dog hair , iRobot Roomba is more a sweeper so you cant replace your upright vacuum with this machine as it can only clean floors ,

The 630 does not come with a remote control and I dont think it is necessary .

Fea
FeaInvercargill, New Zealand6 posts
Jen
JenInverell6 posts
Candyl
CandylSydney11 posts

Best robot vacuum cleaner

As a mum, vacuum floor is not a enjoyable work for me. Since I purchased this vacuum cleaner, my life is much easier that I could just turn on the button and let the machine complete flooring for me while I look after my baby. The machine can pick up small dust which is not visible clearly and keep floors clean all the time. I highly recommend this machine for any busy mums.

Nick
NickWestern Australia, 61129 posts
  Verified 630

Partially getting the job done but couldn't ask for more

I bought this iRobot Roomba 630 from Harvey Norman for $504 including product care in June 2017, mainly because I thought I wouldn't have time to vacuum the house. it does get to a certain area of the house but it's limitation is definitely all the corners, under the dining table and carpet. Reasonable capacity and I wish there was a timer feature for this model, can't ask for more for this model. It can be quite noisy as well but that's how a vacuum like I guess.

Lauren M
Lauren MLake Albert5 posts

Love it!

My partner purchased this for me before I had our son (via cesarean) I've found it to be quite efficient and does a very good job of vacuuming. It can be a little bit loud but I'll usually turn it on before I leave the house.

We have hard floors so I don't know that this would work so well on carpet. The suction is surprisingly good as long as you empty it prior to turning it on or straight after.

The Roomba isn't too bulky but I think it would work best in a minimalist house. I find it quite annoying when it bumps in to furniture so I often keep it only to our loungeroom.

In Newcastle
In NewcastleHunter Region, NSW7 posts
Corasee
Coraseeperth2 posts

cant live with out it

Great product does a nice job. Favorite feature is that it can go under the beds and it picks up the dirt that my other Vacuum cant get to. It picks up alot of dirt and it leaves nice Vacume marks on the carpet like a professional cleaner. It is worth the price you pay for this little Vacuum.

c3n
c3nSydney, NSW26 posts

Works great!

I've had it for almost 2 months now that I'm over the hype of it, I can say I'm happy with it overall. It does what it claims - nothing less and nothing more. It is quite loud but that doesn't bother me. I've read complaints about how it doesn't clean large areas but have not found it to be a problem in my open dining-living-kitchen space. It's cleaned our tiles, floorboards and carpet perfectly floors perfectly. Make sure to empty out the dust bin after each use.

Carraemilyj
CarraemilyjAU8 posts

The best one I have used so far

It is my life saver at work as being a house cleaner it really helps out and makes my job that touch easier... love it and could not live with out it since I have used it. It saves me time as well letting me put more in to my jobs as well...

Mel
MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Love this vacuum

I love this vacuum, it's great for everyday maintenance work and i have a 4 month old baby, i don't have the time to get out the old Vax and vacuum the house myself. I wouldn't be able to clean up big messes but i have 2 shih tzus who bring dirt inside all the time and the roomba cleans up after them well. It doesn't have all the newer features of the more expensive models but that doesn't bother me, it cleans and that's all i need. My house is mainly tiles which it works well on, it tells to get abit stuck on the rug and works alot harder in the bedrooms (they are carpet) but i'm happy with it's performance.

Nnnnn
Nnnnn9 posts

I can't live without this

I checked out this model extensively before buying this model. It was the older model and had been superseded but it had a higher suck rate than more expensive models! I have never looked back. I use it everyday and even though it can't bE put on remotely, it is no problem putting it on. before going out! It is definitely suitable for carpets and works well on hard floors as well! I bought the extended warranty so I can have it for as long as possible. You will have to occasionally get out the old vacuum for corners though!

JJT
JJT10 posts
  Verified 630

Could not love it more!

As an owner of three cats, I wish we had bought this years ago! It is a life saver! We run it about twice a week (three times in summer), and the house has never looked cleaner. It gets under all the furniture and in corners really well and is great at picking up pet hair. It takes about 45 mins to 1 hour to do the whole house, making multiple passes over each area. Expensive, but worth it. Wish we had never bought a Dyson and just got little Roomba!

Nick N.
Nick N.Sydney6 posts
Coffee lover
Coffee lover6 posts

Its a broom rather than a vacuum

Last Christmas time, we bought a Robot Roomba from Myer, Queen street Mall, Brisbane. It is very noise and also can only pick up small quantity of dust. Unless the room is very dirty, it won't help much. The room with its cleaning doesn't show much cleaning sense. So we feel it is just a toy broom rather than a vacuum.

Gracey
GraceySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Good

Good product although it fills up very quickly. The performance is good and the suction is fine. It's definitely quiet and works well on its own . We have floor boards and carpet so it seems to work fine on both of these. I would recommend this product on small areas

maldemer
maldemerPeel, WA36 posts

OK on tiles excellent on carpet

Purchased at local whitegoods and home appliance store at an end of financial year sale at a reduced price. Since then I have found it cleans well on our living area tiled flooring, but is specially good on carpeted rooms such as bedrooms. I usually run the machine in our bedrooms once per week, and every time it fills the collection bin with loose carpet fibres and other debris in each bedroom.

Natalie S
Natalie SSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts
Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Hate it!!!!!

It has the worst suction I have ever seen!!! I would never buy this again! The factory were shocking to deal with, so have the place of purchase. I will not buy a Roomba again.

I must have been given a Lemon because there are so many positive reviews. Each to their own.

iRobot   DM

Good Morning Steph I am sorry to hear you have experiencing difficulties with your Roomba 630. Please contact our office at service@ixl.com.au with reference C0144115 so we can try and help you further.
Kind regards iRobot

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

Best thing I've bought one less chore I gave to do

Mostly happy. Suction is ok but misses several spots. It is quite heavy to pick up. It will do my whole house which is a 28 square home. Does all floor types. I don't regret getting it as it is very convenient, I can go out for the day and now my floor will be done and it docks itself when it needs charging. It can sometimes get stuck under tv units or side boards. I love it and would highly recommend it.

Caroline
Carolineadelaide4 posts

Not bad

It is very convenient for a person who is not very willing to do housework, and it is good for people to sit and wait for it to clean up the ground. That is good. However, it can not be completely clean and clean some corners. May be a conventional vacuum cleaner.

Azat
AzatMelbourne19 posts
Hao Pham
Hao Pham6 posts

Not Bad but a bit expensive

It does a good job of cleaning, but I think there are other robot vac out there that does the job at a cheaper price. I'm using it for wooden an carpet floor and also have a dog that sheds quite a lot. It does have an advantage of being small and automatic.

Pj Haris
Pj HarisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC14 posts

Great buy

I am in love with this cac since i bought it, it is just very good, very easy to use, i had few different vaccumes, i have been using this for a while and it sucks all the dirt from every corner in the house, especially dog hair from corners.

schmo
schmoAU4 posts

Somewhere in between

I purchased this as a gift to myself for Christmas. It's a bit of a mixed bag

The good:

- Does a pretty good job of cleaning

- Automated like it says (minus the point below)

- Easy low maintenance

The bad:

- Noisy

- Cliff sensor can't be disabled and it stops on black surfaces. I have a rug with black stripes on it and it will actually stop working on that spot and won't continue. This is a massive issue and can't be resolved (checked online)

- Battery or charging port failed within 10 days. Need to take back...

Jess M
Jess MMelbourne5 posts

Helpful house keeper

I love this irobot! I bake a lot and I have a tiled kitchen floor. My irobot just does his thing and cleans up my mess when I'm done baking. He has saved my so much time and effort. The cats hate it but bonus for me as they stay out of the kitchen!!

Show details ·  2

Pidgie
Pidgie51 posts
Beesbehive
Beesbehive2 posts

Loved it, but it died

I bought this vacuum in Aug 2015. I loved it. It really helped a lot whilst I was managing a newborn and a toddler.

Unfortunately it died in Jan 2017. I wish I could've found the extra cash for the extended warranty when I bought it. It still cost me over $100 to send it to Melb for them to tell me it couldn't be fixed. I'm really disappointed as I can't afford to replace it. I followed the instructions and cleaned it after every usage, so I felt pretty ripped off considering how much I paid for it.

Sev
SevMelbourne6 posts

Can't live without it

I'm an obsessive cleaner and this has made my life so much easier. I just turn it on when I leave the house and come home to clean floors. I only pull out the Dyson once every fortnight to do unde furniture. It's easy to clean and does a great job. When my kids eat crackers and leave crumbs I just turn it on under the table to spot clean and it picks it all up. I will buy another one for upstairs.

Annie
Annie

won't charge

i was happy with this product, as we have two small dogs that drop hair, and all wooden falls. The problem I have know is that it won't charge any more. this happened after one of our dogs left us a little parcel. I have emailed a company and said I have to send it too them and have to pay 75 dollars for them to look at it. I really miss it So now I have to pay for another one.

Veronika
VeronikaSydney4 posts
Kevin Nguyen
Kevin NguyenEARLWOOD3 posts

Love my robot! Can't live without it

Best for my busy family! Especially we are having too small children. I have bought a Samsung robot before but it gave me so much headache. My sis bought the Chinese copy and she struggling with brush problems ( very poor quality parts). I would recommend Irobot to anyone. Thanks for reading.

sue_purrb
sue_purrb2 posts
bee Jay
bee JaySydney, NSW23 posts

The best appliance ever made

This is my second one because I love them so much. Their life span is about 5 years if you use them daily as I did. I don't think I could do a better job with a hand held vacuum. I love it and it saves so much time. I have floor boards so it does a fantastic job on them.

vacc
vacc

excellent! worry free

Its so quiet and fast and modern, totally love it, You leave it and put your feet up then suddenly all done.

no fighting with furniture or corners. This vacuum is woman best friend. It picks up even pet hair.Best decision ever to buy it. Would definitely recommended it to all the moms out there.

Caitlin g
Caitlin g

Best Thing I've ever bought!

I just set it up and it cleans. We only do small areas at a time as due to cats and my own long hair it fills up really fast but it's worth it to not have to stand up and vacuum. It's not the easiest to clean, takes about 5 minutes to unravel all the hair every time but it's still worth every penny.

Mick Carr
Mick CarrAU

tried before not buying

the irobot roomba 600 series is a good little machine very smart but struggled cleaning carpet even fluffy carpet .be good for titles it you have titles everywhere. other than that living a carpet life i dont recommend for carpet owners as it wont pick it all up and sometimes spread the mess too

Spud
Spud2 posts

Time Saver

This is one of the best purchases i have ever made. I was skeptical at first but from the very first clean i could tell it worked fantastically, with 4 kids i run it once at the end of the day and it keeps the house looking tidy and clean.

Jess
Jess

Best investment ever

This is the best thing I've ever bought! Totally worth the money. Highly recommend it. Works perfectly on polished hardwood floors and carpet. I can go out & come home to spotless floors. When it's finished it just goes back to base so I don't even have to move it to recharge!

Reviewer2014
Reviewer2014Brisbane, Qld13 posts

LOVE IT! If you love vacuuming this is not for you, BUT WHO LOVES VACUUMING LOL!

I have tiled floors and two dogs and I would not be without my Roomba. I turn it on before I go to work and the floors stay clean without having to pull out my huge manual vacuum cleaner. It's a little noisy but worth the sacrifice! I just set my virtual walls so it cleans specific areas and when it's flat it simply docks itself and recharges ready for its next use. My time is to precious for vacuuming, love my Roomba.