2iRobot Roomba 650

Battery Life

Luke
LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Worst product I ever bought

Worst product I ever bought, always gets stuck on things, never cleaned the floor properly could never return to the dock for charging! Now all it does is sit in the corner unplugged. It was just easier for me to vacuum the floor instead of wasting my time with junk. Show details
Noise Level
Ease of Programming / Scheduling
Battery Life
Luke
Lukesydney15 posts

WARNING! Does not work on dark carpet!!!

For this amount of money I would expect it to work everywhere in my house. Very disappointing. The glossy paper workaround only works for so long. I’m now going to have to perform surgery on it to try to make it work on my black carpet.

Also, when it reaches the top of the stairs it just stops. Why can’t it turn around and go away from the stairs? It just dies.

Nlventu
NlventuSydney Surrounds, NSW85 posts

Great time saver

It’s easy to use but does get stuck some times. We have had to remove a rug as it would get stuck in one spot by otherwise it’s fantastic. The unit is not the quietest but compared to a vacuum cleaner is quiet. We turn it on when we leave for work and it does it’s job.

Kat P
Kat PTownsville3 posts

Percect Product for a busy household!

I love the performance of this product, I have two dogs and it picks up all the dog hair perfect without leaving anything behind. You can set it on a timer and schedule on a daily basis. I find it very light but a little noisy just like ang vacuum really. I use mine on tiles and carpet and it works perfectly on both. A must have for any busy household!

Ben
BenMelbourne7 posts

A Robit Vaccum, does all the time consuming work, so you don't have to!

Very Happy with our new Roomba Series Vaccum. We can schedule exactly when we want the Irobot to start cleaning. It is incredible just how much dog hair it cleans up. Something we would never even know was there if not for the irobot. The convenience of its cameras and sensors mean we literally never have to worry about where it is and what it is doing. Fantastic ! 10/10

Sammie
SammieOakdale3 posts
  Verified 650

Would never buy another one !

It doesn't clean large areas in the house and keeps coming up with faults saying the area is too big if I had known that it couldn't clean large areas I would have not brought this machine, also it smashes into the walls rather then detecting them which is another problem but however when put in a small room it is very good at cleaning the floor the only other thing is that it doesn't go back to base to recharge it self which is also disappointing, I am really sad that this machine can not perform up to its standards after reading all the good things about it feel I have brought a lemon.

iRobot   DM

Good Afternoon Sammie I am sorry to hear the experience you have had with your Roomba 650. So we can try and help you further, please contact us at service@ixl.com.au with ref: C0144490 to further discuss.
Kind regards iRobot

Trusted Rico
Trusted RicoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Keeps the house dust free

What's not to love about it? It does the work of keeping dust from collecting with little fuss & does it well. I thought it be a fad but it is a great product & I have recommended it to others. It's taken for granted now but amazed at first. Love jt

Sairs
SairsNortheast, VIC44 posts

Love this little guy

I absolutely love this robot! It really gets the job done and keeps our floors clean. I am a 'clean freak' so knowing my floors are always being clean is great peace of mind for me. I like that it goes into.all the hard to reach spots. I would highly reccommend this robot

Brooke
BrookeQueensland8 posts

Great investment

We bought this as we have 2 cats who shed a lot. I was having to vacuum every 2 - 3 days, whereas now all I do is push the button on the roomba - which saves me so much time! The roomba has no trouble getting all of the dirt and hair, our floors are spotless. We have tiles downstairs, and simply move the roomba and dock upstairs to clean the carpeted bedrooms too. I'm so impressed with how well the roomba lifts the cat hair from the carpet. Easily the best investment for our household!! I'm not one to go out of my way to write a review but we have just been so impressed, as it's made our lives so much easier.

C. Blair
C. BlairHunter Region, NSW17 posts

Great addition to the household

Love this machine. You really can't buy a better robotic vac than a Roomba. We have timber floors with rugs throughout and you can't beat this for getting into every nook and cranny even under the lounge! It is quiet and happily goes about its business without hassle. Just be wary of thin cords can get tangled up easily.

Dave
DaveFar North Queensland, QLD17 posts

We've named ours Bob

Yep, Bob is now a part of the family. How did we live before Bob arrived, I don't remember. In all seriousness though, this is a fantastic purchase and you can't go wrong with the time schedule setting. Bob does our place once a day, Monday to Friday at 230pm. We have 2 dogs and bob gets everything on both hard wood timber floors and carpet. Great for my hayfever as Im never home when Bob is in action. If your on the fence about the expense, know you're getting a great quality product!!

Me
MePerth7 posts
puppez
puppezmelbourne3 posts

Good helper!

The Roomba is a helpful and convenient device to have in my home with multiple pets. Without this I would have to use my big vacuum machine every second day to keep the house clean, with Roomba I just let the machine run everyday on harfwood floor and carpet areas and skip the actual vacuum process to weekly. I am happy with the quality. however a couple of things that this device could improve on are the brush inside it which needs manual cleaning to get rid of dust/hair and the inside of the wheels as well. Personally i need a version with a bigger dirt storage but Roomba does the job too.

Michelle Wollerman
Michelle WollermanCentral Queensland, QLD13 posts

Favourite household appliance

Third is our second Roomba over 8 years. I rave to anyone with ears about him. He does a great job over tiles and carpet, even gets all the Labrador fur. We close off a section of the house if we want him to do a thorough job or leave it all open if we just want the once over. If you keep his brushes clean and look after him- he'll look after you. But you have to make sure he's not going to choke on charger cables, underwear or towels on the floor.

Show details ·  3

Lacey
Laceytexas

BEWARE! Will ruin your tile!

Do NOT but this product unless you want your tile ruined. It dug holes into my tile floors. It would sit and spin and chipped the tile. I wish I would have never purchased this product. I do not have the money to fix the tile. I am beyond frustrated. I am Waiting to hear back from customer service.

Bev D.
Bev D. · Roomba 650

Error 14
Tried rebooting but still leaves the dock then stops, announcing error 14. Fully charged and cleaned

Helen L.
Helen L. · Roomba 650

iRobot Roomba 650 was a gift from my grand son, The vacuum has never worked, I followed the instructions from the manual as well as youtube tutorial on this model. Any ideas?

iRobot   DM

Hi Helen, so sorry to hear this. We'd like to get a member of our team in touch with you to help out. Please send us a private message with your contact details and we will pass them on to our service department. Kind regards, iRobot

Mike
Mike · Roomba 650

My Roomba 650 runs 60 seconds or so and stops it says error 2 "clean Roombas brushes". bought new ones, took it apart and cleaned everything I could changed the battery and it still does that. Reset the battery/unit as manual says and no change. This is irritating , any body else had this problem? please help. Michigan Mike

Compare all iRobot Roomba 600 Series listings
iRobot Roomba 650
iRobot Roomba 6503.8
iRobot Roomba 630
iRobot Roomba 6304.2
iRobot Roomba 670
iRobot Roomba 6703.1
CategoryRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum CleanersRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $499