8iRobot Roomba 600 Series

iRobot Roomba 600 Series (page 2)

3.9

234 reviews · Statistics

72%10%18%

Product is used
  • Daily (27)
  • Several times a week (18)
  • Weekly (8)
  • Rarely (2)
Pet OwnerYes (27) · No (24)
System Errors Never (9), Occasionally (18), Often (13) and Every time (12)
Battery Life
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

iRobot Roomba 600 Series234 reviews
JulieSNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

Pretty good - while it lasted. Poor after-sales Service!!! Dont buy

irobit worked pretty well for about 10 months. However, after that time i noticed it wouldn't dock, had trouble staying on charge and would only vacuum for about 20-30 mins before needing to be charged again!

The whole purpose was that it would clean the house while i was out - now it only does 1/5 as it need to be charged. It clearly faulty.
I have called the service department - they wanted videos of my irobot - which i provided. That was 3 weeks ago! No reply! no follow up !! very very disappointing for a vacuum costing over $500!!

I would think twice about purchasing due to this. Show details

Tony Hunt
Tony HuntWAPerth, WA54 posts

Surprised how effective

Work really well on the hardwood floors. Manoeuvres of matts quite well. Fits under chairs cabinets and beds.
Also does carpet OK. Good job really. I'm guessing this is where you pay for the larger models with more suction power. However it comes back with copious amounts of dust and dog hair.
Overall leaves the place nice and clean and freshly vaccumed.
Works on wifi with a Phone App and schedule Show details
KristyB
KristyBWAPerth, WA

Great for Small Homes and Hard Floors

Works great on hard floors runs for 1.75-2hours (hard floors only) covers pretty much everything in my 4x2’s main living areas and walk ways, all in all I’m happy with it it would only be good for smaller homes or good to
Focus on a particular hard floor area, picks up dog hair!
Battery Life isn’t great on Carpets.
Should be clearer that it doesn’t have Navigation so it just runs around aimlessly until it goes flat this is why it’s only good for smaller homes with hard floors! Show details
Vijay J.
Vijay J.
  Roomba 600

Poor navigation and poor cleaning

600 series navigation, as well as cleaning, sucks...its keeps on cleaning at a particular area and doesn't clean each and every spot in a room. First suction power is not enough so it just spread around the dirt and cleans a little. It doesnt know when the cleaning is done so it keeps on moving till the battery drains out..couple of more bad things...like doesnt go back to charging station, doesnt remember which all places there is furniture etc....over all...a very expensive toy..thats all.. Show details
Ali F.
Ali F.

Absolutely rubbish. If you are looking for a toy, ok go for it. Otherwise. Do not waste your time, money and energy

- I used it on my Persian Rug. My rug is on the top of another carpet. It doesn't go on my rug.
- It did terrible job. It doesn't go on two carpet on top of each other. Show details
Ken D.
Ken D.2 posts

cleans well. for 200.00 at black Friday. No complaints

does a great job on carpet and hard floor. seems to have plenty of suction floor looks nice...2 dogs. I see people on here paid 650.00. I feel alot better at 200.00 Show details ·  2
lucyl
lucyl5 posts
Chris
ChrisWAPerth, WA9 posts

Excellent customer service from David the manager at Morley Myers

Good product. After having a few issues and being really disappointed, David at Morley Myers sorted everything out for me and now Im happy again. Thank you David. Now I have a robot what cleans the whole house and could not live without it. Show details ·  3
dck
dckVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

iRobot Roomba

Used the vacuum for 1 hour, one room partly completed 5x4 m. Followed all the directions on use, irobot will not go back to charging station unless place within 1.5m, stopped a number times during vacuum?, front bumper dirty cleaned.

Decided to ask for a refund, rang company told me no returns only warranty, ask who i purchase from Harvey Norman (online),
Company asked why I purchased it online, i was told that I should have seen in operation first. (handy if you live close to store which sells it).

Harvey Norman said can not give a refund item as the vacuum has been used, suggested to ask the courier?.

The vacuum is nicely stored away. Show details

Nindc
NindcSydney16 posts
A jones
A jonesAustralian Capital Territory4 posts

What would I do without it!

We have a large upstairs bedroom with thick carpet and a tiled en-suite. I love my Roomba. I turn it on while I’m downstairs and just like magic, my entire upstairs floors are clean again. Shifting from carpet to tiles is no problem for our Roomba and seriously, I have recommended it to so many people as it makes our life so easy. It needs to be emptied after every clean for best efficiency but it’s an easy job. Running time is approximately an hour. Show details
Alma
Alma9 posts

Loveeee it!

Love my irobot. Helps me clean the house everyday while I’m doing other chores. Hubby is always happy coming home to very clean house. My only regret...should have bought it sooner! ;) Show details ·  1
Scottkel M.
Scottkel M.4 posts

Love it. Can't live without it!!

We have both carpet and tiles, the roomba is awesome, you can actually see where it's been. Also added bonus of the app and being able to sync with Google home. Highly recommend Show details ·  1
Caps
CapsNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW

Regretful decision Roomba 670

This is my first review and must say the product is terrible. I bought Roomba 670 thinking it will save time but it didn't serve the purpose.It doesn't clean properly and takes so much time to do the job and i have to monitor it while its working. A regrettable decision for me.I had to go back to my old vacuum cleaner which is far superior than this even though its 2-3 years old. I shouldn't have experimented :(. Show details
barb johnson
barb johnsonWAPerth, WA7 posts
  Roomba 600

Rod the Roomba

I got my IRoomba 600 yesterday hmmm he did half of my room then left ?? Is he lazy or will he remember to come back. I have lino floors and flat rug in lounge and bedroom. I'm amazed at how much he picked up. I thought I was clean!!! Show details
Lisa
LisaVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Roomba 670 disappointing

I found the roomba not as effective as i thought. In one bedroom it missed down one side of the bed due to hitting cornices. It also pulled my phone charger out and got tangled. Even when i line it up to go over bits it has not picked it up. It struggles from floorboards to rugs. There is nothingon the website showing info about needing to move cords from blinds, powercords etc. Now i regret not buying a dyson stick for slightly more money Show details

LizM
LizMAU28 posts

Brilliant Roomba 630

Love this cleaner. I have mostly tiles which it zips around on and always stops at the 2 sets of steps I have. I am always surprised when I see how much it has picked up. I just lift it down the steps to carpeted areas and leave it for 20 minutes to do its job. Have not had any issues with this cleaner so far. I did buy with extended product care due to ongoing issues I had with the Aldi version I had purchased previously (Aldi did give full refund).

Patty
PattyBloomfield2 posts

Love it. Definitely time saver

Works well I totally love it. It’s definitely a time saver and cleans well. I would recommend this to everyone. Whether you have rugs or not. I happen to have both. I can’t find anything wrong with it. It also works well with your iPhone app. You can program and review history. It also updates for you

Show details ·  2

Luke
Lukesydney15 posts

WARNING! Does not work on dark carpet!!!

For this amount of money I would expect it to work everywhere in my house. Very disappointing. The glossy paper workaround only works for so long. I’m now going to have to perform surgery on it to try to make it work on my black carpet.

Also, when it reaches the top of the stairs it just stops. Why can’t it turn around and go away from the stairs? It just dies.

Tracy
TracyDALKEITH
  Verified 630
Rosie W
Rosie W4 posts

Fantastic small vaccuum cleaner

I regularly use or Roomba for hard for vaccuuming. I do find that it isn't fantastic for large areas but you can section areas off for it to clean.

The last sensors work well and last a long time.

The dust is easy to empty straight into the bin. It does have a problem getting hair tangled in the brushes.

I have used it on carpet but I much prefer my Miele for this.

Karen
KarenAdelaide2 posts

Great vacuum cleaner

We love our Roomba. It cleans so well - I can’t believe all the dirt it finds! It easily fits under the bed and couches where other vaccums can’t clean. It returns to base and charges independently and is easy to empty when full of dust and dirt. The base charging station is really compact and discretely sits in a corner of our family room.

Mike
Mike

Rubbish - Don't waste your money

Was supposed to make life easier. Unit requires constant cleaning and manages to get caught up in everything. Bumps into furniture with force and leaves marks. Struggles to charge on base and constantly readjusts itself, cleaning all contacts doesn't make much difference. Generally stops for no reason or cannot find it's way back to base. You will spend more time every week trying to clean/make it work than it takes to vacuum with a normal vacuum. Have given up and thrown it out. Never again.

Boyd W.
Boyd W.WAPerth, WA10 posts
Paula
PaulaWAWheatbelt, WA7 posts

Absolutely love it

I love this vacuum, I use it nearly every day. I love tipping out all the dirt it has picked up, very satisfying to see. It's dirt that would normally be on my floor, I used to vacuum weekly now it's every couple of days, with 4 kids makes my life so much easier, and the house is so much cleaner!

Luke Swan
Luke SwanBrisbane2 posts

This robotic vacuum is so funny to watch

We love watching this robot vac as it hits walls and goes back and just hits it again and again until it's not funny. The dust in the box is heaps so it must get the dirt out of the floor our stick vac can't do. It did cost a bit more than the Lower prices one but it's ok

Pooja
PoojaSydney
iRobot   DM

Good Morning Pooja Thank you for taking the time to review the Roomba 637. We would very much like to discuss the above with you further. Are you able to contact us on 1300 727 421 with reference C0157270.
Kind regards iRobot

NoahPr
NoahPrCoomba Bay4 posts

Excellent for the price point!

Keep his butt clean and its all good! He brings us treasures in his dust bin all the time. It's actually interesting to clean him out to see what he caught. The first few runs he was loaded with dust and pet hair. I mean so much hair I was thinking OMG where did that come from. After a week of running it slowed down. He is going places we cant reach with a regular vacuum and it's amazing.

RAW
RAWBallarat16 posts
  Verified 630
Taya
TayaSulky7 posts

I don’t know how I lived without it!

I wanted a Roomba because I wanted to free up some of the time I spend cleaning, with a wood fire, two cats and a dog that spend a lot of time inside I had found myself Vacuuming and sweeping every day. I was a little sceptical but went ahead with the purchase anyway and I am so glad I did, this is my second favourite appliance second only to my dishwasher. I have it automatically set to go off every day while I am at work and I couldn’t be happier with the results. I don’t need to sweep/vacuum at all and I have so much more time to relax. We have vinyl plank flooring and carpet and it works well on both.

Very annoyed
Very annoyedAdelaide17 posts
dreamwalker02
dreamwalker02NSWMurray Region, NSW4 posts

Not too bad - still need to vacuum properly once in a while

Every surface it passes over gets cleaned very well.

However, this model has no actual built-in navigation or anything - it just travels randomly based on collisions with furniture. Which is fine, but it can get itself stuck inside the four legs of a chair for like 20 minutes. Which would be funny, except it's so noisy.

If you're going to spend more than $500 on a vacuum cleaner anyway, then get the more expensive models, in my opinion.

Scares the crap out of the dog, too

Penny Snitch
Penny SnitchAdelaide4 posts

Just a gimmick

We bought this hoping we wouldn't have to do as much vacuuming but we still have to do it manually and it takes time having to put it on charge and clean it out almost after every use. It dose a poor job on our floors and charge time is shocking

violetandolive
violetandolive3 posts

Love it!

This does exactly what i need. Put it on every morning when leaving for work on our floorboards and I come home to no mess. Pet hair gone! Noise level is comparable to a hairdryer, so we only use it when we are out. Doesn't replace a major vacuum and mop but is lovely to come home to a house with clean floors. Surprised how much dirt and hair it picks up. No problem going from floorboards to rugs, floorboards to carpet areas. Happy with my purchase - helps make me feel like I have a clean house! Have gone from stick vacuuming eating areas daily, and a big vacuum and mop every week - to every few weeks. Thumbs up!

Deanos daman
Deanos damanPerth4 posts

Surprised how much dirt it picked up

We bought this to run around the house for the cat to chase but on the first run we opened up the Catcher and wow the amount of dirt sitting in there was shocking as we had also just vacuumed. We have a baby on the way so we probably won't run it for a while till she's at least 2-4 and won't hurt her as it moves fast

Adam
Adam2 posts
iRobot   DM

Good Afternoon Adam We are sorry to hear the charging issue you are having with your Roomba 630. So we can try to help you further with troubleshooting, can you please contact our office on 1300 727 421 with reference C0154513.
Kind regards iRobot

DON THOMPSON
DON THOMPSONBERRY18 posts

Another great machine

After our previous Roomba 630 'died' after nearly 5 years, we bought another from Harvey Norman Nowra. The new roomba 637, although we have only had it for about a month, it has been superb and we like this machine also. Very good on carpet and slate floors. We can thoroughly recommend the 'Roomba 637' to all.

Don Thompson.

Derk
DerkPerth7 posts

Exceeded Our Expectations

This is the first and only robo sweeper we have purchased about 2.5 years ago. We were a bit weary about the life span so we purchased an extended replacement warranty from the seller also. Haven't needed the warranty as it is still going strong, hardy build and does a good job. We use for tiles only.

Tara
TaraMelbourne10 posts

Great lil' guy

I wouldn't want to run this lil' guy when I'm home due to the noise, but it's great to get the vacuuming done while I'm out and about. Does an excellent job on the carpets, sometimes it'll miss some things on tiles, but I usually just run it pretty frequently anyway.

Gilly44