iSelect Car Insurance

iSelect Car Insurance

See the Best Insurance Comparison Websites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mariz G.

Mariz G.Far North Queensland, QLD

Very rude and pushy sales department

I asked for a quote online. They rang maybe 6hours after. The telesales man was initially very engaging in trying to sell me a cheaper insurer that I'm not familiar with. I requested him to email me the quote and I'll have a think and read. He did not like that one bit. It felt like a hard sell. It was such a turn off. I was firm when i said I wanted to rethink switching insurers and to give me a day. That's when he became really rude and dropped the call. Never doing iselect again---bunch of hustlers!

frak86

frak86AU

Don't trust them, rude service from Kris Macarthu VERY PUSHY and very rude when you politely decline.

Kris Macarthu is a terrible sales agent, doesn't know how to handle objections properly, would have considered it next renew, not now. Will be telling everyone not to use it.

Nizo

NizoBrisbane, QLD

Terrible customer service, and I'm not even a customer yet!

Filled in all my details online to get a quote for a comprehensive car insurance. Rates were so-so, but not too bad. Some guy called me 2-3 hours later (unlike another insurer, that called me within 10 minutes) and asked me to provide some answers to some questions. He was totally and utterly unprofessional, calling me "dude" and "ma man" and kept attacking me when I asked questions. He was extremely confrontational and when I asked him to finish the call he just said "well you can pay full price then" and just hung up. iSelect, I don't know what clowns you're employing, but that just cost you a potential customer.

Absolute waste of time.

Why misguide by displaying that your quote will be displayed on the result page when all you want is a contact number and email so that an agent can call you. If I have time to make calls I will do so and won't focus my energy on entering details.

Visakh

VisakhMelbourne

iSelect definitely will not get you the best deal

iSelect is a customer catch point for few high premium insurance companies. If you want best deal, google it out yourself!

Justice

JusticeSydney

Caution

Just a way for them to get your personal details, then they start calling you and pushing. Avoid at any price.

Only want your money

Agent initially appeared helpful but when I wanted to think it over got hugely pushy. When I said "No" he got more pushy that I sign then and offered you have a cooling off period. Technically correct but always a pain as often they won't always stop auto debits - which is always blamed on the computer.
When asked to get a full quote (if you read the fine print they state read everything before signing anything) promised a quoted was being emailed - email arrived no quote. Epic fail. Don't use, at least they now admit only offer some insurers - result of earlier ACCC finding about misleading conduct.

MrG

MrG

Awful "comparison" of the most expensive companies

I decided to try this comparison website to see if I could do any better than my current insurance which is $380 for going direct (Yeah, I know its already pretty cheap but I was interested in what else is out there). Well this sites "cheapest" was $534. Complete waste of time, and I really hope people understand this is not a comparison of every insurance, just the ones who give the highest commission to this company.

Terrible

When i inquire about insurance they tried to call me 4 or 5 times in a day and when i took the insurance and called them back many times, no response they said every one is busy at the time and ask to call back me and never call me.. Not good..

PJK88

PJK88AU

Go direct, Not 'I Select'

A disasterous experience, & I'm not normally one given to exageration
Used them twice in the past 15 months. More on why shortly*.
They take a very significant % of the money you pay as the digital middleman. They take no responsibility after that

This % take alienated the company I chose last year, as they refused to deal anymore with ISelect . What a nightmare that proved to be - last minute changes, phone calls back and forth.
A full work day, of the stressed type. How much is that worth?
4 people and 5 phones calls later , they simply went through the motions to resolve the broader issue issue.
No Responsibility.
Their process is flawed.
Suffice to say the matter is before the financial ombudsman

iSelect becomes iHarass

AussieCharles

As a follow-up, after more than a week I was finally contacted by iSelect.

Harassing Telemarketers

Do not put your personal information into this website - after a week from telling i-select I did not need their services I have been bombarded with 8 phone calls within the past 24 hours! I answer the phone and they hang up on me - I know it is i-select as it is the same number they rang me on last week.

Do not submit any personal information.

• Selected Review