Verified🏆 2024 Award

97% · 751 · 1%

Scott
Scott2 posts
  Verified 270L
Overall
Noise Level
WMcA
WMcA25 posts

Perfect hot water system

KMS Plumbing fitted an iStore 270l hot water three months ago, excellent fitting and as they advised me does the job very well. A second solar system was replaced by the iStore unit and would certainly recommend it over solar units. About a week later I had a question to ask iStore, “if when power goes off does it reset”, yes it does. The way they handle after sales is very professional, surprising these days. Show details
Oscar A
Oscar APerth, WA6 posts
Patric Neidhart
Patric NeidhartGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product , no issues after 5 years of domestic use for 4 people

We had our unit installed in 2018, good looking unit with multiple functional settings. At first we made a few setting changes to suit our household needs within the first couple of weeks and since then the unit has heated up off our excess solar power every day costing us nothing to run and has not missed a beat in over 5 years all year round in any weather conditions. We have two young active kids so baths of an evening and plenty of showers day and night the istore has been a perfect addition to our family home the unit coupled with our solar system has removed the instant gas hot water we previously had saving us money all year round. Show details
Ralph
RalphAustralian Capital Territory6 posts
  270L

Would like output to be hotter

I have altered my review to 5 stars, initially I was disappointed that the unit will only go to 60°C, however it is my understanding that as a national standard not the manufacturing setpoint.

The reason I have given five stars, is that I had an issue trying to set the timer, I submitted a ticket through their website and received a call to assist me within half an hour on a Sunday morning, this is the sort of after sales service one normally just dreams of.

In my opinion after sales service is one of the highest factors to consider when making a purchase.

Based on this issue alone I would highly recommend this company and product. Show details

Gary
GaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts
  270L

Heat pump installation working perfectly

Quick and efficient with the installation by solar gain received the government rebate which made the total cost around [Number Removed]. We replaced the gas boosted solar system which had failed after 11 years.
To date our total electricity bill per month is around $30-$40 with plenty of hot water we now use little gas so the real savings will be when we receive our gas bill. Show details ·  1
Bruce
Bruce8 posts

IStore 270l HWS Adelaide

Installed Dec 22 to replace a Rinnai B26 instant gas HWS. NOW SAVES ~$1.20/day in gas usage (two adults) and costs little to run as timer is set to use solar panels. Downside is the programming of the timer functions is convoluted and has taken much effort to get right.
Quotes for supply and install varied greatly so shop around!! Show details ·  1
Overall
Noise Level
Nick
NickHobart, TAS4 posts
  270L

Every house should have one!

Has been installed now for 5 months. Have had no issues at all with the unit and never ran out of hot water.
When its running at the same time as my heat pump, its only using 300 to 400watts which is nothing compared to a traditional hot water unit that can use up to 3kw.
I think these units should be compulsory for all new build.
Can't recommend it enough! Its great! Show details ·  1
Rebs
RebsCanberra20 posts

Absolute winner

I have only had this system installed for a short time and it replaced a working instantaneous gas system. Now I can have a hot shower and wash dishes without boiling the jug. It heats the water for about 20 minutes after a morning shower using what is generated from the solar system and if it is dark cloudy it uses next to nothing to reheat (24 cents). The compressor runs very quiet about 45db and looks far better than the usual electric or gas storage system. I would have to give it 10/10 and sloargain who supplies and arranged installation 10/10 Show details ·  1
Brendon
Brendon3 posts

Excellent! Love it!

We had a gas instant hot water system that was clearly a fan of Katy Perry, because it would randomly go Hot N Cold when we would have a shower. Now, we have constant, consistent hot water! We have a 6.6kW solar panel system, so it made sense to switch over too. I wish I did this sooner! Show details ·  1
Paul
PaulPerth, WA3 posts

Great system

Had the 270L system installed last week to replace an older heatpump that had died after 12 years service. Worked as advertised straight out of the box. Hot water was available after about an hour. The only thing missing is a wifi connection and an app to manage it without going outside. Show details ·  1
Manuel
ManuelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Average HWS

Istore 270l lifespan lasted two years and 7 months. I never had a a hws which last so little time. Suddenly the electrical component of the screen died and guess what,the electrical component warranty last only two years. very disappointed. Luckily, one of the customer service organised a tech to come over and fix it for no charge. The unit is working again. Hopefully, This electric component will last longer than the original one. Show details
Lisa
Lisa

All the razzamatazz!!

Very happy with my iStore purchase. Quiet, efficient, and I have saved a lot on my last few bills. When I called with a query a while back i spoke to a guy named Simon (I think) and was very impressed with how quickly he sorted my issue. The guy knows his stuff and has a great phone manner. Sounds a bit cute on the phone as well. A+++ Show details ·  1
sharonp53
sharonp53Glass House Mountains6 posts

I love it!!!

We have a constant flow of hot water and it is comforting to know we are producing far less carbon than a standard electric heater. 100% recommended after 3 years. Show details ·  1
Mark
MarkMid West, WA3 posts

Fantastic

Quiet, extremely efficient, continuous supply of hot water which never fluctuates.
So far 1 hard winter and the unit operated as expected with SLIGHTLY extended run time.
I was extremely pleased with the recent online support I received following a spare part (anode) enquiry. Show details
Ryan G.
Ryan G.Perth, WA2 posts

I've got 2

After having old systems fail on rental properties, we replaced them with iStores. Have been great, no complaints from tenants, plus we are giving them high energy efficiency. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how iStore Hot Water Heat Pump 270L compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Craig C W.
Craig C W.
  270L

Works well after some adjustments

The system is efficient but did not provide as good an outcome as my old gas system until customer service helped me to make a couple of adjustments that improved both water temperature and water pressure. It is now very good.
I have been using this for 3 months now. It looks good and has a good management screen and is run primarily from our Solar PV system. Even prior to installing the solar it was very cost effective.

I think this type of water heating is the way to go for the future. Show details ·  1

Mike
Mike2 posts
  270L

heating my water for (almost) free

It's early days, but it's so satisfying to see all my hot water powered by solar. With my Feed-in tariff down to 4c/kWh after the first 5kWh, I reckon the hot water (including teenagers' showers!) is costing me about 10c a day. The timer's set so the water heats between 8am and 6pm - I might narrow the period a bit in the winter. I end up importing a little electricity on very cloudy days, but there's no shortage of hot water. Show reply
Tim
TimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Efficient and effective!

This hot water system is able to handle our family of 4 running on solar during the day, along with an hour or so at night. When the family reduced to 3 people, we can run it on solar only during the day. It’s pretty quiet too, but not ideal outside a bedroom window. Show details ·  1
Phil
PhilQueensland2 posts

New Heat Pump System

We recently needed to replace our old heat pump system as it had failed
It was nearly 20 years old
Researched what was available and the I Store system came out on top.
Talked to Shirley from I Store and found her to be very helpful and informative
We went with the 270 litre model.
Very quiet unit and is very efficient
Phil

Show details ·  1

Piper Cullen
Piper Cullen South East Queensland, QLD
  270L

Excellent Product - saved me THOUSANDS in first year!

Had our iStore 270 heat pump installed by KMS Services to replace our old Rheem 315L electric hot water system. For my family of 6 this unit had never missed a beat! We noticed a considerable reduction in our energy bills and we were able to utilise the build in timer function to run the unit in conjunction with our PV solar. Would highly recommend KMS and the iStore heat pump to everyone!  Show details ·  1
Dave
Dave Peel, WA

The best

We have a large old home and have had hot water problems for 5 years with our old solar system was expensive to run with booster
We installed two 280 l units and it’s the best thing we have ever done
Plenty of hot water the tank heated up in two hours and we can run two showers at once
At only a fraction of the cost
Should have done it sooner  Show details ·  1
Sean
SeanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC25 posts
swangler75
swangler75Perth, WA2 posts

Great so far

I have had an istore 270l installed for several months now, and I am quite happy with it. It works in well with the new Solar Panels I had installed on the roof. I set it up to turn on when the Solar Panels are at their most efficient during the day, and unless I use an unusual amount of hot water over night, Its still nice and hot in the morning. Even without Solar, they are very efficient.  Show details ·  1
Donna Watson
Donna WatsonPerth, WA

Unreal Service Installer was Fantastic

I contacted John from Mundys Plumbing & Gas in relation to a new heat pump being installed, John was onsite that day running through different options. I opted for the I Store 270 Litre which he highly recommended and this unit has not let me down. My savings compared to my old gas system are unbelievable. Great product and great service. Will be recommending to all our friends.  Show details ·  1
MPV
MPVSydney, NSW3 posts

Great Unit - delivers all we need efficiently

We replaced our gas heater with an iStore and couldn’t be happier . We never run out of hot water with 5 adults . It’s quiet and extremely efficient. Coupled with our solar PV system we have free hot water for life . Show details ·  1

Luke Beattie
Luke BeattiePerth, WA

Reliable Hot Water and Great Service

Our old hot water system died on a weekend and we contacted iStore to install one of their units. The installer they put us in contact with installed a temporary hot water unit first thing on the Monday morning. The team then came on Wednesday and installed our iStore. They were polite and efficient and we're very happy with the outcome. The iStore and the service are excellent. Show details ·  1
Alice H.
Alice H.Northeast, VIC
  270L

Highly recommend the iStore!

I would happily recommend the iStore to anyone. We recently got solar for our house so made the change from our gas hot water system to the electric iStore and it's been fantastic. The installer set up the iStore so it heats up during the day to run off the solar power, this has resulted in our bills being reduced dramatically. Thank you to the team at Solargain for making the process so simple. Show details ·  1
Nicole
Nicole

Great System and Customer Service I would highly recommend

Our iStore unit hasn't missed a beat, even during high demand and frosty cold morning as low as -5 degrees it has provided all of our hot water needs. Best of all our energy bills have dropped! The iStore runs during the day when the solar power system is generating electricity from the sun. Show details ·  1
Peter
Peter
  270L

First Class old fashioned service!

Our households hot water produced now is for free due to unit controls and our solar system. We had a problem caused by myself mucking around with the control and after I spoke to my plumber who put me onto the guy running iStore I think Simon was his name. The service was second to none. Honestly the iStore team is run by people who know their trade and are not afraid to get their hands dirty! Its one thing to buy a new product your not sure about but to know the back up service is what it is I would have bought one straight away rather than looking around at other systems. Show details ·  1
Don
DonPerth, WA2 posts
  270L

Great system & even better savings

Replaced my old gas storage hot water system few months ago. Our gas bill has dropped heaps while the iStore is heating water from our solar power during the day.

Great looking unit too, would recommend iStore to anyone who's looking for the latest hot water system unit. Show details ·  1

Fiona
Fiona

HOT Water

Water hot immediately with no wait time. Very impressed and should be some decent savings with improved efficiency! Arranged and installed promptly. Great customer service. Would highly recommend this system and John from Plumb it Right. Tha... Show details ·  1
Starman
StarmanPerth, WA3 posts
JackordJack
JackordJackPerth, WA
  270L

Could not believe how good this is

HOT Water at last, constant hot water!
Replaced an old DUX, which was hopeless from the get go.
Nervous about going heat pump again, BUT very impressed with the iSTORE.
It takes next to no time to heat up, timer clock allows it to be programmed for when the PV is working.
We are frankly blown away by this unit. Show details
Derek
DerekPerth, WA
  270L

I store - what a difference !

Had to replace our old storage HWU and decided to go with the I store after taking some sound advice from our plumber. We have PV panels so the running costs are going to be next to nothing. The unit heats up to temperature in no time even in eco mode and the capacity is more than enough for 5. Only thing is getting kids out of the shower as we’ve never run out of hot water since install ! Show details
Deb
DebPerth, WA

Hot Water for the Future

We had the iStore installed October 2018 after we had enough of our gas storage water heater. We already had solar panels and after talking to experts decided that the iStore was for us and we haven’t been disappointed. We always have plenty of hot water while our power bills decreased. It is very quiet when running so is not intrusive to the household or our neighbours. The timer allows the water to be heated during the time the solar panels are producing electricity. There is even a holiday mode so it is simple to save on running costs while away from home. Show details

Christie S
Christie SPerth, WA

This is so great!!!

We had our heat pump installed in July 2018 but I wanted to give it a fair try out before I wrote a review. We are a 4 person family who tend to take long showers and we have never run out of hot water even in cloudy or rainy conditions. We can be using both showers and the kitchen sink at the same time and have never have any issues. The heat pump works really well with our solar pv system and has saved us a considerable amount of money on our electricity bills. We have never experienced temperature fluctuations, just consistent hot water day or night.
I am a huge fan and I would recommend this to anyone. Show details