2iStore Hot Water Heat Pump

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Jeff P. · Hot Water Heat Pump

Does the Istore use extra smarts to know when excess solar roof electricity is available or is it just a using a timer?

Rebs
Rebs

I don't think so but it so cheap to heat up
After two showers 16.5c in Peak time (.256 pkw) in a 24 hr period

Jeff P.

Unless it's gone over to the electric element boost

mcrobert57
mcrobert57 · Hot Water Heat Pump

Do you have an installer for the Ballarat Victoria area? I can only find W.A. companies and they won't confirm an installer before I commit to buy from them.

Hello!
Solargain Melbourne is 1 hr 25 mins according to Google.

Try Raj At Sun2Solar external link

iStore   DM

Hi Melissa, I have just sent you a private message with some contact details regarding your query. Kind Regards,

Melissa
Melissa

Hi Team
All sorted thank you, I had the wrong company in mind, it wasn't you guys. But Istore has reached out to me and I gathered all my info I needed and it sounds great, sorry for the confusion. Merry Christmas.

Veronica S. · Hot Water Heat Pump

Do you need to have solar panels to use this system ? We need to replace our current solarhart system, however we don't wish to have another roof system, as later on down the track we want to get solar panels to run the household electricity which will require the roof space currently used for the solarhart system.

Brendon

Hi Veronica! A PV solar panel system is not required for the iStore, as it uses very little electricity anyway. However, it does make sense to use a PV solar panel system, as you can schedule (set timer) for when the iStore heat pump kicks-in and switches off during the day typically when your solar panels are getting peak sunlight. Practically free hot water. Plus, you get all the other added benefits of having solar power for your whole house (cheaper electricity bill). Thermosiphon roof-mounted solar hot water systems (like your Solahart) don’t produce electricity to heat the water, but simply uses thermal heat from the sun to heat water. This is great in warmer seasons, but terrible in cooler seasons as the booster (electric or gas) gets used alot and it can get costly. The boosters aren’t very energy efficient either.

Disclaimer! I’m not an expert. I’m just an enthusiast. I hope you find this helpful.

Tony

No you don't need solar panels

iStore   DM

Hi Veronica, thanks for your question. You can use the iStore without panels however the system is cheaper with panels as the excess power from your solar is utilised to heat to the iStore. Any questions, please feel free to give us a call 1300 515 641.

Veronica S.

Thank you. How expensive is it to run without solar panels. ? Is it still cheaper than a standard 250l electric hot water tank

iStore   DM

Hi Veronica, even without solar the iStore will be 4 times cheaper to run than an electric HWS.

Brad M.
Brad M. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

How do I know what size istore energy I need for my house

Plumber will tell you

HI Brad, A 180L istore makes 60L/hr
A 270L istore makes 80L/hr

We recommend a 180L for a 4 person household and 270 for 4+ teenagers or 6 person household, cost increase for the larger unit is negligible so numbers favour the larger unit.

Colin Peckham · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Can this unit be located outside the house.
Will it work in a sub tropical region such as Ballina NSW and do you have any references for this region.
I have a 4kw Solar Panels on my roof, so would I need a battery system as well.

Manuel
Manuel

I m located in Melbourne and the unit works outside . I recommend to ask your Sparky to install a surge protector device on your switchboard. My unit died after 2 and half year for over power surge. Lucky istore organised a warranty call.

iStore   DM

Hi Colin, Yes the unit is fully outdoor rated and happy in your sub tropical region.
Please call our reseller in Ballina NSW 2481 - james@jaypeeplumbing.com.au or 0408 602 289
No batteries are required for the iStore, you can set the iStore to only run during the day to take advantage of your solar generated electricity.

Kind regards,

Colin Peckham

Thanks so much. My main issue is that I may not have enough space on the side of my house...

Sparky
Sparky

Be careful about the height to your eaves. I have a single story house and the iStore 180 fits, but the 270 would be too tall.

Colin Peckham

Thanks so much for your answer. The smaller 180litre unit is 1970 high, but how much clearance should be allowed for fitting and maintenance. There are only 2 of us living here so I think that should be big enough ?

Colin Peckham

Hi, when do you think the NSW Government will be able to offer a subsidy ?

Barry
Barry · Hot Water Heat Pump

Will the iStore function to its full potential in an area that has temperatures that get below zero quite often in winter.

sharonp53
sharonp53

While we don’t get frosts and extremely cold temperatures regularly, we can get cold snaps that last a week or more. We have never found any problem with hot water, although I think it does run for longer. This is a really efficient water heater and we have never turned on the tap and had anything but piping hot water.

iStore   DM

Hello Barry, you mention below zero quite often in winter, in this situation the iStore can still outperform any standard gas or electric heating system easily. Where you have PV solar panels we always recommend daytime running to take advantage of the generation from the panels and this typically coincides with the warmest times of the day to maximise ambient potential. The iStores are extremely well insulated so a day time heat cycle will still be hot for the evening and also the next morning prior to the next cycle. For your individual needs happy to discuss further on our 1300 552 619 help line. Thankyou

Andrew T.
Andrew T. · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

I have left several "Get a quote" messages on your website and never got a reply. Are you guys still in business?

iStore   DM

Hello Andrew, we are sorry to hear about your requests, we receive many requests per day automatically logged and distributed internally by our computer system, all are attended to in a timely manner. We do not see any request from you in our database. Please call us on 1300 552 619 7 days a week for iStore support and advice. Thank you.

Bob Blackwell
Bob Blackwell · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

where can i buy one

iStore   DM

Hi Bob, please call our toll free number 1300 552 619 and we will be able to answer all of your questions and direct you to an authorised installer in your area, thank you.

Robert P
Robert P · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

What's the warranty period for the iStore 270L?

iStore   DM

Hi Robert, The components of the system have different warranties.

iStore Glass Lined Tank (Does not include element, thermostat, PTR valve or sacrificial anode):
Warranty Period (Parts only): 5 years
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 5 years

Refrigeration:
Warranty Period (Parts only): 2 years
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 2 years (5 years Vic only)

Electrical (Controller and sensor leads):

Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 1 year

Air filters & consumable items:
Warranty Period (Parts only): 1 year
Warranty Period (Parts and Labour): 1 year

Please call 1330 552 619 and we can discuss your Australian location and individual factors.

Campbell G.
Campbell G.

Why are the warranty periods so short for an item that should last 10-15 years?

Sparkvale2
Sparkvale2

No answer to this question>>Why are the warranty periods so short for an item that should last 10-15 years?

iStore   DM

Warranties have grown as our experience with the product's reliability and durability is proven.
Therefore from the 1st of October 2022 iStore will have a comprehensive 5-year parts and labour warranty right across Australia.

Natalie K.
Natalie K. · Hot Water Heat Pump

I am considering best location to install one of these. Potential noise will be a factor since it will be near bedrooms. Daytime noise doesn’t concern me, but want to know about night noise. Does the compressor run constantly? Will it run during the night? Do I have influence over run times?

Mike
Mike

I set the timer so it only runs during the day - and uses my spare solar generation, so the hot water is free!

iStore   DM

Hello Natalie, the response from Mike is correct, there are built in timers within our iStore units, 1 single timer from say 10am through to 8pm can cover a lot of households depending on the number of people in the house and types of usage.

You can view the timer settings operation at our website if you wish - external link

Our 1300 552 619 is available 7 days per week for any support questions you may have

Regards,

Tanya C.
Tanya C. · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hi,
We had a Istore 270 installed yesterday & am wondering if the LED screen should be on constantly, as ours isn't & I can't work out how to get it to come on to set the timers.

iStore   DM

Thanks for your enquiry Tanya, Could you please supply your contact number and I will ensure one of our qualified customer service team members calls you. Alternatively, you can contact our support line on 1300 552 619 and we can help you thru the LCD operations. Regards Michelle

temp
temp

Hmm. That doesn't really answer the question for the rest of us though, does it?

Jinx U.
Jinx U.

Activate screen by pressing bottom LT corner of screen for a few seconds.

iStore   DM

Unlike a mobile phone where the whole screen is touch sensitive, the iStore LCD screen is only sensitive upon the row of buttons across the lower section of the screen. For the 180L the buttons are 3 cm up from the bottom of the LCD when opening the cover, for the 270L the buttons a 1.5cm up from the the bottom of the LCD when the cover is removed. Simply tap the screen anywhere across the row of buttons the screen will wake up and show the current status of the iStore.”

Jerzy
Jerzy · Hot Water Heat Pump

where iStore is manufactured?

iStore   DM

Hi Jerzy. Happy to assist you. They are made in China. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to call our support team on 1300 559 619. Kind regards, iStore.

MMM
MMM · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Is the iStore 270l the same as the EVO270?

iStore   DM

Thank you very much for your enquiry, please call our 1300 number and we can discuss you individual needs and provide details of a reseller in your area.

iStore – 1300 552 619

Rex SCHELBACH
Rex SCHELBACH · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

Are there ever any issues with the 180 regarding the computer screen/electrics being outside in the rain, sun etc?

iStore   DM

Hi. Our systems are built to Australian hot water system safety standards and as such, are safe for use and installation even in high-sun areas or those that experience large quantities of rain. For more information please don't hesitate to give us a call. Kind regards, iStore.

Michael N. · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

If you set the timers for example for 5 hours, I assume it doesn’t necessarily run for all that amount of time. It just runs for as long as is needed to reheat the water to the set temp, and only IF it needs to be reheated.

Will
Will

Yeah, it runs till it gets up to temp and stops and if you use enough hot water it'll run again till it is hot

iStore   DM

Thank you Michael, you are correct in how the iStore will operate within the the timer window.

Michael N.

Thanks for the answers. Very pleased so far. Ours was installed by Newcastle Hot Water Services early November. Great friendly efficient team. The heater is in our garage under the timber kitchen floor. It is so quiet we have to concentrate to hear it. It is on eco mode on time of use tariff, so runs whenever it needs. We could put it on a timer during our solar system generation times, but we were advised it will already be much cheaper than our old controlled load Dux, plus our solar system is only 2kW, exports very little and is shaded a fair bit of the year.

Roo
Roo · Hot Water Heat Pump

Can you please give a price for the I store air

iStore   DM

Hello Roo, Pricing can vary significantly depending on your location due to varying State and Federal rebates that you may be eligible for by installing our energy efficient products; and of course the installation requirements of your site.

Please don't hesitate to contact us on 1300 552 619 for further information so we can provide details of your local iStore Licensed Installer within your area.

Scott.S · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

When is the WiFi connectivity going to be utilised in either an app or for a smart inverter connected to solar?

Theo F.
Theo F.

I will like to know the answer to this question too

Hi Theo.F
Maybe they don't know or care?

iStore   DM

Good Morning Scott, Our apologies for not replying sooner, this is not typical of how we operate as a business and can assure you it wont happen again. Could you please provide me with your mobile number and I ensure one of our team members will call you back. Kind regards Michelle

Hi Michelle,
No apologies necessary, this is a product review website not your business website.
If I’d wanted an answer sooner I’d have rung direct.

Can we not have a simple answer to this question in this forum?

Im sure many would appreciate an answer even if they didn’t actually pose the question.

Cheers and thanks.

iStore   DM

Hello Scott, in response to your Wi-Fi question we currently do not have an offering, considering the efficiency of the product and recognition by the Governments Clean Energy Regulator we believe your mind should be set at ease as to its operation.
The iStore has its own ambient sensors to automatically adjust its heating to suit the weather and as such should be set and forget. Our experience in the industry shows that typically settings may be adjusted by very small amounts when the system is new but then remain static from there on.
We invite consumers to engage with us to determine the house demands and therefore what the best initial settings should be. Changes to household situations and holiday homes can be easily re-configured if required but left to its own devices the iStore will produce its hot water, maintain it, and operate without fuss or babysitting.
I did see another discussion overlapping into yours around direct connection to solar PV inverters, we have extensively tested this connection and do not believe that the effort and extremely small savings to be had from this setup are worthwhile. Following on from that the opposite can take effect in winter when generation is not sufficient to drive the unit.
I hope that our reluctance to post cart blanche statements is seen for what it is, a personal service offered by our 7 day per week support technicians.
Thankyou
Bill - iStore

Philip
Philip · Hot Water Heat Pump

What is the warranty period ?

iStore   DM

Please call 1300 552 619 and we can explain the iStore warranty details, thank you.

Dasher
Dasher · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Often the iStore only heats to ~50 degrees after completing its heating cycle (even though it is set to 60deg). For this reason, we had the original board max temperature restriction removed (we could set it to 70 degrees in winter).

However since a board replacement recently (due to a faulty relay), the replacement board is maxed out at 60deg.

1. Why does the iStore not achieve it's preset temperature each time?
2. How can I increase the max temp to 70deg?

iStore   DM

HI Dasher, There are a number of factors to be considered in heating cycles, household usage, and plumbing configurations. Please call the iStore support line on 1300 552 619 so we can review and advise upon your observations.
Thankyou

Loretta M.
Loretta M. · Hot Water Heat Pump

Where are these made?

iStore   DM

Hi Loretta, Happy to assist you. They are made in China. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call our support team 1300-293-745. Kind Regards iStore

Get an answer from our members and iStore representatives

Select a listing for your question
iStore Hot Water Heat Pump

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022 and 2021. Learn more